This is how you stop gun crime...but they need even longer sentences...

yes...I know...you are stupid...punish the people who didn't do the shooting.....rare genius there......they follow all of the laws that you pass and then, when the mass shooter uses the gun to murder people...you put the people who followed the law in jail....

You anti gun extremists are nuts.

The gun industry is KNOWINGLY pushing guns out there to dangerous people. They've created so many loopholes in the laws and fight every common sense gun law that people pass.

So no gun laws. Just hold the gun sellers responsible for the damage their products cause just like any other manufacturer.

We pulled side-opening baby cribs off hte market because 32 children died.

Guns kill thousands of kids, and they are still on the market. How fucked up is that?

This is the truth.....

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Here are the stats on some common types of death....it would be better to start a crusade to teach people how to walk upright...and save them from falling deaths...you would save more lives.....

guns, drowning and poisoning....

If you cared about people....you would push to ban the following...

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208

Accidental drowning.................3,391

Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

Accidental gun deaths of children under 14 in 2013....

Under 1 year old: 3

1-4 years old: 27

5-14 years old: 39
Total: 69 ( in a country of 320 million people)

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr63/nvsr63_09.pdf

Then by year accidental gun deaths going down according to CDC final statistics table 10 from 2010-2013...

So...accidental gun deaths have been coming down as more people own and carry guns for self defense....now 12.8 million people actually carry guns for self defense......on their person, and the accidental gun death rate is going down, not up....

Japan, South Korea and China have absolute gun control and 2x the suicide rate we have....guns are not the issue with suicide....

You know what, guy. A guy shot himself to death no more than 50 feet from where I am sitting right now. a guy who might still be alive today if police had taken his gun from him the first time he tried it.

I don't want to hear your shit about how we need to tolerate crime and suicide because you live in fear of a government that probably doesn't care about you one way or the other.

and here's the part where Tiny goes ahead and spams his own thread with his debunked and crazy gun nut propaganda...
Yawn.

Unwatch.

Japan, South Korea and China have absolute gun control and 2x the suicide rate we have....guns are not the issue with suicide....

You know what, guy. A guy shot himself to death no more than 50 feet from where I am sitting right now. a guy who might still be alive today if police had taken his gun from him the first time he tried it.

I don't want to hear your shit about how we need to tolerate crime and suicide because you live in fear of a government that probably doesn't care about you one way or the other.

The guy committed suicide and would have done so with or without the gun…just like they do in Japan, South korea, China, poland, hungary and Russia, all countries with absolute gun control or extreme gun control. And in the United States over 19,000 people commit suicide without guns…you never seem to point that out in your simplistic, emotional, child like posts……so if you take all the guns and use pixie dust to make them disappear from the earth for ever and ever…..the 21,000 people who now use guns…will simply commit suicide the way the other 19,000 people commit suicide…..

yes...I know...you are stupid...punish the people who didn't do the shooting.....rare genius there......they follow all of the laws that you pass and then, when the mass shooter uses the gun to murder people...you put the people who followed the law in jail....

The gun industry is KNOWINGLY pushing guns out there to dangerous people. They've created so many loopholes in the laws and fight every common sense gun law that people pass.

So no gun laws. Just hold the gun sellers responsible for the damage their products cause just like any other manufacturer.

Guns kill thousands of kids, and they are still on the market. How fucked up is that?

Guns kill thousands of kids, and they are still on the market.

Guns do not kill thousands of kids...that is an anti gun extremist lie.......

Kids murdered by guns....

under 1: 12
age 1-4: 39

age 5-14: 142

total gun murder of children.....193

Kids murdered by other means...

under 1: 270
age 1-4: 298
age 5-14: 135

murder of children by other means.....703
Now, if even if you include gun accidents into the total.....

you are still wrong....

Accidental death by gun for children....

under 1: 3
age 1-4: 27
age 5-14: 39

Total accidental gun death for kids 2013....69
I noticed you cut off your statistics at age 14 excluding children 15 thru 17, the age group with the highest murder rate. You also excluded suicide. I think if you include those, you'll find the statistics tell a different story.

you are still wrong....

I noticed you cut off your statistics at age 14 excluding children 15 thru 17, the age group with the highest murder rate. You also excluded suicide. I think if you include those, you'll find the statistics tell a different story.

Actually, I cut off at 14 for two reasons, the first is the next category the CDC uses is 15-25 (you can go to the CDC link I provide and you will see the categories, they are in table 10....you have to scroll to table 10 because the CDC doesn't provide page numbers)...they don't break it down any closer than that....second....15 is the prime age for gang involvement.....in fact, the majority of kids shot around that age are because of gang involved shootings...

Suicides I don't count at all....the reason being that Japan, South Korea and China all have absolute gun control....civilians can't get guns.....some in Japan can but they are extremely controlled....and yet they have 2x the suicide rate that we do....

Poland, Hungary, and Russia have extreme gun control....and have higher suicide rates than we do..without access to guns.

Finally, we have 19,000 people who commit suicide in this country without guns...so if you were able to make all guns in the United States dissapear, those 21,000 people who use guns to commit suicide would simply use the method the other 19,000 used.

The age range you mention 15-17....you are right on the one point, you get a lot of shootings in this range...but the thing is.....almost all of them will be criminals involved in gangs.

No...we are not locking up gun criminals......like this guy....and he is not an isolated case...he is the norm...

Guy, we lock up more people than Communist CHina.

How is it that Communist China locks up less people than we do? How is it that Germany only locks up 78,000 and they only have 258 gun murders to our 11,000?

Neither of those countries has tens of millions of negroes or Latinos infesting their country.

you are still wrong....

Actually, I cut off at 14 for two reasons, the first is the next category the CDC uses is 15-25 (you can go to the CDC link I provide and you will see the categories, they are in table 10....you have to scroll to table 10 because the CDC doesn't provide page numbers)...they don't break it down any closer than that....second....15 is the prime age for gang involvement.....in fact, the majority of kids shot around that age are because of gang involved shootings...

Suicides I don't count at all....the reason being that Japan, South Korea and China all have absolute gun control....civilians can't get guns.....some in Japan can but they are extremely controlled....and yet they have 2x the suicide rate that we do....

Poland, Hungary, and Russia have extreme gun control....and have higher suicide rates than we do..without access to guns.

Finally, we have 19,000 people who commit suicide in this country without guns...so if you were able to make all guns in the United States dissapear, those 21,000 people who use guns to commit suicide would simply use the method the other 19,000 used.

The age range you mention 15-17....you are right on the one point, you get a lot of shootings in this range...but the thing is.....almost all of them will be criminals involved in gangs.
That may all well be true but looking at a chart of murders by age, the numbers go up very sharply starting at age 14. When we say children we should include them all, not just the ones with low incidents of death.

http://www.unh.edu/ccrc/pdf/homicidechildrenyouth.pdf

Mandatory Sentencing only helps the Prison Industrial Complex.

Especially in Wisconsin:
How Scott Walker Built a Career Sending Wisconsin Inmates to Private Prisons
Walker conceded that his bills imposing harsher sentences exacerbated the problem. “Criminals will be spending more time in jail, and that means the population will increase as well,” he told the Wauwatosa News-Times.His solution wasn’t to stop imprisoning nonviolent offenders, however, but to put them in private prisons.
In a Police State the only Economies that flourish are Prison, Security and Law Enforcement related.

Study finds private prisons keep inmates longer, without reducing future crime

you are still wrong....

That may all well be true but looking at a chart of murders by age, the numbers go up very sharply starting at age 14. When we say children we should include them all, not just the ones with low incidents of death.

http://www.unh.edu/ccrc/pdf/homicidechildrenyouth.pdf

That would give a false picture...when people think deaths of children they are thinking young children living ordinary lives....the truth is that the children who are murdered by guns, especially at 15 and above are primarily murdered as a result of being in an active criminal job. Studies show that the majority of all gun murder is committed by criminals with long criminal histories...and the victims of gun murder are majority other criminals, also with long criminal histories.

so just saying including all children doesn't show the truth. 15 year old gang members who are targeted and killed because they belong in the gang are not normal "children" in any way, shape or form.

We had a girl murdered here in chicago waiting at a bus stop...she had just one a modeling contest and was on her way to her first photo shoot or interview.....she was standing next to a 15 year old gang member at a bus stop who was targeted for murder by a rival gang...they hit the young woman killing her......

Forum List

Back