This is Way the Fuck Out of Line

Quick question..................if there were Predator and Reaper drones in the time of Timothy McVeigh, and the US had a good bead on him, able to take him out with a single shot while he was getting away, would you have approved that?

The American that you speak of renounced his US citizenship and helped out terrorists by trying to recruit other Americans.

If you say they both should have lived, you support terrorists.

I support the Constitution.

You clearly don't. but then you're a liberal, so that's to be expected.

Really? Wanna tell me where it violates the Constitution? Especially when a person declares themselves to be enemy combatants (and therefore traitors)?

Because, sorry...........but as someone who spent 20 years in the military, if you walk over to the other side in the middle of a war (like John Walker did), then you are considered a traitor, and therefore, subject to being treated like an enemy.

Go ahead..............provide links to show where what happened (actual links please, and not some right wing blog site) was against the Constitution.

I'm guessing you can't.

Awlaki family files suit against US government over drone strikes | Fox News

The complaint, prepared by the American Civil Liberties Union and Center for Constitutional Rights, was filed against four senior national security officials: Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, CIA Director David Petraeus and senior commanders of the military’s Special Operations forces, Adm. William McRaven of the Navy and Lt. Gen. Joseph Votel of the Army.
The lawsuit says: "The U.S. practice of 'targeted killing' has resulted in the deaths of thousands of people, including many hundreds of civilian bystanders. While some targeted killings have been carried out in the context of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, many have taken place outside the context of armed conflict, in countries including Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan, Sudan, and the Philippines."
"These killings rely on vague legal standards, a closed executive process, and evidence never presented to the courts. ... The killings violated fundamental rights afforded to all U.S. citizens, including the right not to be deprived of life without due process of law," the lawsuit says.

Was Anwar al-Awlaki still a U.S. citizen? | FP Passport

In order to lose his citizenship, it must be shown that the U.S. citizen joined the foreign military or swore allegiance to another state "with the intention of relinquishing United States nationality" -- a very tough standard. There's no evidence that Awlaki ever formally renounced his U.S. citizenship.

A bill was introduced in the House last year by Rep. Charles Dent (R-Penn.) which would have stripped Awlaki of his citizenship on the basis that his calls for attacks against the United States constituted a voluntary relinquishment, but it never made it out of subcommittee. In any event, the Obama adminsitration never denied Awlaki's citizenship when it targeted him for assassination

You stand corrected.

How does it feel to learn that you blindly follow a murderer?

You do not support the president who kills terrorists to keep them from killing Americans.

090727_controversial_sign1.jpg

CALDWELL, Idaho (KBOI) - A Caldwell billboard is raising questions in the Treasure Valley as it compares the president to accused Colorado killer, James Holmes.

The billboard on Franklin Road equates the actions of the president's foreign policies to the acts of Holmes, who's suspected of killing 12 people in the theater shooting...

Does billboard comparing Obama to alleged shooter go too far? | Local & Regional | KBOI 2 - Boise News, Weather, Sports and Breaking News

I don't care who you are or your political leanings, this is just over the top.

They have their right to free speech, but WTF?

crass

And they jumped the gun on this. Holmes may or may not be insane, if insane he is not culpable of murder, unlike obama who boasted about killing a US citizen.

And there was no outrage.

Should Romney lose, part of the responsibility will be with people like you who outrage the common sense people of America.

Really? Wanna tell me where it violates the Constitution? Especially when a person declares themselves to be enemy combatants (and therefore traitors)?

Because, sorry...........but as someone who spent 20 years in the military, if you walk over to the other side in the middle of a war (like John Walker did), then you are considered a traitor, and therefore, subject to being treated like an enemy.

Go ahead..............provide links to show where what happened (actual links please, and not some right wing blog site) was against the Constitution.

I'm guessing you can't.

The complaint, prepared by the American Civil Liberties Union and Center for Constitutional Rights, was filed against four senior national security officials: Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, CIA Director David Petraeus and senior commanders of the military’s Special Operations forces, Adm. William McRaven of the Navy and Lt. Gen. Joseph Votel of the Army.
The lawsuit says: "The U.S. practice of 'targeted killing' has resulted in the deaths of thousands of people, including many hundreds of civilian bystanders. While some targeted killings have been carried out in the context of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, many have taken place outside the context of armed conflict, in countries including Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan, Sudan, and the Philippines."
"These killings rely on vague legal standards, a closed executive process, and evidence never presented to the courts. ... The killings violated fundamental rights afforded to all U.S. citizens, including the right not to be deprived of life without due process of law," the lawsuit says.

In order to lose his citizenship, it must be shown that the U.S. citizen joined the foreign military or swore allegiance to another state "with the intention of relinquishing United States nationality" -- a very tough standard. There's no evidence that Awlaki ever formally renounced his U.S. citizenship.

A bill was introduced in the House last year by Rep. Charles Dent (R-Penn.) which would have stripped Awlaki of his citizenship on the basis that his calls for attacks against the United States constituted a voluntary relinquishment, but it never made it out of subcommittee. In any event, the Obama adminsitration never denied Awlaki's citizenship when it targeted him for assassination

You stand corrected.

You guys really want to know what is way the fuck out of line??????? Obama stomping on my rights and passing the most fascist bill ever. All you idiots can complain over a billboard I will talk about shot that matters not this obvious progressive planted story.

You and your ilk, along with me and my ilk, lost an election in 2008, a constitutional process that put us in the minority.

Your and my rights were not stomped on with ACA. SCOTUS has ruled in constitutional.

We can change it electorally and constitutionally.

Stop the over reacting.

You guys really want to know what is way the fuck out of line??????? Obama stomping on my rights and passing the most fascist bill ever. All you idiots can complain over a billboard I will talk about shot that matters not this obvious progressive planted story.

Yeah, making sure working poor can get health coverage, what a fascist!

I wonder if you people really think like this.

"I like not being able to get insurance. I like the fact that even when I get insurance, my insurance company will try to cheat me at every oppurtunity!"

You and your ilk, along with me and my ilk, lost an election in 2008, a constitutional process that put us in the minority.

Your and my rights were not stomped on with ACA. SCOTUS has ruled in constitutional.

We can change it electorally and constitutionally.

Stop the over reacting.

You lost in 2008 because you nominated a guy your own party didn't like, but the media said he was "electable". But he kept pandering to the extreme because they never really trusted him.

This time. Same deal, with a bizarre cult membership thrown in.

We lost because of the historic nature of the Obama narrative and because of Sarah Palin and because of the economy.

We will win with Romney.

Why did you leave Mormonism, Joe, you never have told us.

We lost because of the historic nature of the Obama narrative and because of Sarah Palin and because of the economy.

We will win with Romney.

Historic Narrative? REally?

Frankly, given how racist this country is, Obama's election was sort of an anomoly. The only thing animating the Weird Mormon Robot's candidacy right now is racism. Most of the 45% of the vote he will get don't like him personally.

Palin was probably the one thing that kept McCain afloat. Because, honestly, few Republicans wanted McCain personally. Palin gave them a reason to get out of bed, and the kind of person who really hated Sarah in 2008 was the kind of person who never would have voted for a Republican anyway.

The economy might have been a good point, but the thing is, I don't think anyone realized in 2008 how bad it was going to be. Did you really think we'd still be hip deep in this thing in 2012? I didn't.

We will win with Romney.

Why did you leave Mormonism, Joe, you never have told us.

Republicans could have nominated God Himself in 08 and would have lost because the economy was going off a cliff and the country was sick of Bush and war. The country was so sick of the Republicans, we elected an inexperienced black northern liberal with a funny name.

We will win with Romney.

Historic Narrative? REally?

Frankly, given how racist this country is, Obama's election was sort of an anomoly. The only thing animating the Weird Mormon Robot's candidacy right now is racism. Most of the 45% of the vote he will get don't like him personally.

Palin was probably the one thing that kept McCain afloat. Because, honestly, few Republicans wanted McCain personally. Palin gave them a reason to get out of bed, and the kind of person who really hated Sarah in 2008 was the kind of person who never would have voted for a Republican anyway.

The economy might have been a good point, but the thing is, I don't think anyone realized in 2008 how bad it was going to be. Did you really think we'd still be hip deep in this thing in 2012? I didn't.

I did. And I wrote about it here. With the stock market crashing almost daily, money markets breaking down and Congress passing a $700,000,000,000 blank check called TARP, it was abundantly clear that the economy was in the most trouble in decades. So the Republicans had little chance.

crass

And they jumped the gun on this. Holmes may or may not be insane, if insane he is not culpable of murder, unlike obama who boasted about killing a US citizen.

Quick question..................if there were Predator and Reaper drones in the time of Timothy McVeigh, and the US had a good bead on him, able to take him out with a single shot while he was getting away, would you have approved that?

The American that you speak of renounced his US citizenship and helped out terrorists by trying to recruit other Americans.

I might observe that if killing a terrorist is unconstitutional, then the constitution's gonna have to suck it up, but fortunately I don't need to because your comment is so laughable.

I'm guessing you can't.

You stand corrected.

You accuse Biker of ignoring the constitution because he's a liberal, and support your position with a complaint from the ACLU. Now I've seen it all.

Blind 'patriots' always love their country, no matter what it is.
The Wehrmacht loved Germany.
Pol Pot loved Cambodia.

Talk about 'love it to death'.

It's also not really correct. For one, is it Obama's foreign policy or moreso the U.S.' in general? ...cause what Obama is doing doesn't really seem to be all that much different than Bush's. Might as well correlate that to "US Government" and not just Obama.

Second: Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize before he had a chance to really do anything other than win an election. So from that aspect, the billboard is chronologically incorrect.

For further explanations see code pink.

Where killing bad guys with a repub in charge is bad but killing bad guys with a democrat in charge is good.

It isnt the war.......

090727_controversial_sign1.jpg

Does billboard comparing Obama to alleged shooter go too far? | Local & Regional | KBOI 2 - Boise News, Weather, Sports and Breaking News

I don't care who you are or your political leanings, this is just over the top.

They have their right to free speech, but WTF?

crass

That isn't the point. Whether or not an assassination should have happened is legitimate debate but is a separate debate and is totally unrelated to a person committing mass murder of innocent people. To draw an ignorant and hatefully inflammatory comparison in the way that billboard did is not only disrespectful to the office of the President, but trivializes the pain and grief of the Aurora victims and their families. It isn't even historically correct. Obama got that Nobel Peace prize before he had done anything pro or con to deserve it and before he had done anything to be praised for or criticized for.

It is a stupid billboard and should not be condoned or justified in any respect.

crass

That isn't the point. Whether or not an assassination should have happened is legitimate debate but is a separate debate and is totally unrelated to a person committing mass murder of innocent people. To draw an ignorant and hatefully inflammatory comparison in the way that billboard did is not only disrespectful to the office of the President, but trivializes the pain and grief of the Aurora victims and their families. It isn't even historically correct. Obama got that Nobel Peace prize before he had done anything pro or con to deserve it and before he had done anything to be praised for or criticized for.

It is a stupid billboard and should not be condoned or justified in any respect.

I respect your view but strongly disagree.

But then again I am a white boy that never worked an honest day, I drive a pick up and I look like every other repub. Oh yeah I come from a long line of baby killers that cut off ears......

Compromise has us 16 trillion in debt.

Enough......................

Forum List

Back