This is what happens when you do not build pipelines

train-explosion-in-Canada.jpg

Train accidents are always worse than pipeline accidents.

Kalamazoo is what happens when you build pipelines. What happened there is not following safety regulations Republicans want to get rid of.

We saw the same thing in Texas:

Explosion_rocks_West__Texas_fertilizer_p_844890000_20130417222951_640_480.JPG

I'm glad I could clear that up.

Their governments fuck them over. Elected or dictatorships you fool. The governments make excellent revenue from the oil companies.

They just don't pass it on to their people.

their governments sued on behalf of the people and won. The oil compainies promissed to build up areas and did not.

you literally dont know what you are talking about

Nigeria is a perfect example of government corruption and organized crime robbing their people.

Don't even try to make out that the people's poverty is brought about by the oil companies. That's ludicrous.

Chew on this.

Oil Theft Cripples Nigeria's Economy

The country is losing its battle against organised oil theft and the navy has revealed that it may not be able to contain the scourge.

00250374:86115ecc231a7e4dddc9c9b409506d5f:arc614x376:w614:us1.jpg

Nigeria: Top Politicians, Generals Smile As Oil Theft Cripples Nigeria (analysis)

Daily Trust, 30 June 2013

Oil theft has become a major threat to the Nigerian economy, but those involved in the crime are highly connected personalities ....

:eusa_whistle:

Nigeria: NSCDC Arrests 473 Oil Thieves in Six Months

Daily Trust, 27 June 2013

A total of 473 suspected oil thieves have been arrested by the anti-vandal team of Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) at the end of the first half of year 2013....

:eusa_whistle:

Nigeria: Rising Niger Delta Oil Theft Threatens Security

UN Integrated Regional Information Networks, 4 June 2013

Oil theft - known as bunkering - in Nigeria's Niger Delta region is soaring following a brief lull.....

allAfrica.com: InFocus » Oil Theft Cripples Nigeria's Economy

they steal because there is no economy there besides oil.......seriously.....It was a threat before and they went to a civil war over it.
I already know this shit, there is nothing to chew on.

And we don't have enough refiners.

Could that be because the environmentalists keep fighting against them every time someone tries to build one?

We have plenty of refining capacity. If we didn't have the refining capacity we would not be exporting refined product.

I guess that proves the environmentalists are right.

Except it doesn't. We export refined product because we can get more money for it elsewhere, not because we have a huge surplus. This can be clearly demonstrated by the fact that whenever there is a small reduction in output there is a huge price hike immediately afterwards. One of the reasons gas prices is so high is that we really do not have enough refinery capacity to refine all the oil we need.

:rotflmao:

You are putting up pipeline explosions in Africa? Read what you put up. In almost every case the pipeline was ruptured by thieves.

Sheesh.

You stated train accidents are always worse than pipeline disasters. And it was in Canada. Your point?
And I don't think the one in Russia or here was thieves.
How about the pipeline link recently?

She said no such thing.

Just an FYI, sabotage is not an accident.

She who? Huh?
You said it, in your OP.

Stop it.

This is simply a cost/benefit question. It is LIKELY that completion of the Keystone pipeline will drive up domestic fuel prices, at least in the central U.S., due to diversion of Canadian crude away from our domestic markets due to exporting through the Gulf.

I do not see this as an environmental issue at all; economically, the Keystone pipeline is a bad deal for American consumers.

IDIOT!!!
Which is a BIGGER NUMBER???
I know this is a Sesame street exercise but I keep asking idiots like you:
Which has a greater RISK and WHICH has the MOST volume of OIL being carried???

ONE OIL TANKER CARRYING 1 million barrels traveling 1 mile on the open ocean OR
1 pipeline carrying 700 barrels for ONE mile on dry land???

DO YOU understand that for every mile the ocean tanker goes 1 million barrels goes with it!!!

IN ONE MILE of pipeline THERE IS ONLY 700 barrels traveling ONE MILE!!!

IS THIS a hard concept to wrap pea brains around??

HOW many ways can idiots like you have to be told that when you send a 1 million barrel OIL TANKER on the open ocean
IT WILL SPILL if there is a wreck over the 6,000 mile journey to CHINA 1 million barrels!
VERSUS one pipeline carrying 700 barrels in ONE MILE MAX!!!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND????

Everything you just said is a lie. The completion of the Keystone pipeline will absolutely INCREASE domestic gasoline prices--particularly in the Midwestern U.S.

Prove that prices will increase.

And seriously are you stupid? There are already two finished Keystone pipelines from Canada to the US

That's the point, dumbass. The completed Keystone pipeline process is intended to allow the oil to flow to the Gulf. The oil that reaches the Gulf will be exported--HENCE, no longer on the domestic oil market. The existing pipelines stop in the interior U.S. and is sold on those markets.

Get it yet? I don't know how else to say this.

Hey ace, do you understand what else is down here besides ports???? The biggest storage and refineries in the North American Continent. Do you honestly believe that the United States is going to let the transport of oil across our country without a deal on the product. If it was just going to market, why wouldn't they just build the pipeline to the Pacific or the Atlantic?.....Canada has over 20 major ports....does that surprise you?

Kalamazoo is what happens when you build pipelines. What happened there is not following safety regulations Republicans want to get rid of.

How are those gun regulations working for you in democrat utopia dump ......Rahmbama land?

They have fertilizer pipelines?

For you, not for normal people.

In Texas, they ignored regulations that prevent such disasters. The kind of regulations Republicans call costly and onerous.

God you're dumb.

How are those gun regulations working for you in democrat utopia dump ......Rahmbama land?

The states with the most gun regulations have the fewest deaths. But I like guns. I like lots of them in Red States. two thirds of all gun related deaths are suicide. Get it? Two theirs of ALL gun related deaths are suicide. Most of them are by white guys in Red States. See, that's what we call a "silver lining".

Forum List

Back