This Is Why The Democrats Still Have Hope In Keeping The Senate

I was talking to a co-worker last week. He's from Texas. I don't remember how the subject came up but I asked him who he voted for president in the last two elections. He said Obama. We have been discussing different topics over the past few weeks. One of them was the administration bringing in tens of thousands of illegals from Central America. He mentioned that some church was the sponsor in San Antonio of several thousand that were staying in a compound out at the Air Force base.

I asked him who he thought gave them the permission to use an Air Force base. He shook his head. I then reminded him that the President is the Commander In Chief, and that nothing of such a large scale happens in the military without the knowledge of the president. He said I was making this all up.

Well, last week when I asked him who he voted for he said Obama, and I asked him which party he belonged to, and he said Democrat. I asked him if he supported open borders and same-sex marriage, but then he just tried to dismiss all that because according to him, Republicans only support the rich.

This wasn't first time I heard what seemed like a fairly informed person mention this.

Let's face it. There are still Democrats out there that refuse to pay attention. They'll looking for an excuse not to vote Republican and the Democrats always supply them with one. They don't care that the Dems have policies they don't agree with. The only issue that matters to them is that the Republican Party is the party of the rich. It's total hogwash.

What the Democrats have going for them is tradition. Most of America has always been Democrat. Even in the South there are still generations of Democrats who still hold their noses and vote Democrat regardless of the fact that the Democratic Party doesn't stand for anything they hold dear. Most of them feel that Obama fooled a lot of people into voting for him, but they still refuse to vote for anyone the Republicans produce, because all it takes is one false claim by the Democrats and it doesn't matter whether it's true or not. The racists in the South that liberals have been saying drifted to the Republican party are still voting Democrat, because their Daddy voted Democrat, and their Grand Daddy voted Democrat. This is why the Dems still have hope. They may lose Independents for one election cycle, but they can count on a strong immovable base to always vote for them come Hell or high water. This is why even though Obama has lost massive support, his approvals still never dip into the low 30s. Most traditional Democrats can't believe all of the evidence against him. They think it's all being made up for political purposes.

This is what it's like talking to a Democrat:

partyideology.png

Clueless Voters Explain Why They Voted for Obama

Yeah we pretty much know how stupid and how thoroughly brainwashed every left wing piece of shit is. There is not exception either. Not one. Astounding when you think about it.

Last edited:
like all of your questions, they are loaded .... you see mudpacker you can be a liberal/dem and not support gay marriage ... you can be a dem/liberal and not be for open boarders .... which by they way Mudpacker the only one that says we Dem/liberals are for open boarders are you repub-lie-cans .... I personally don't know of any Liberal/dem myself who are for open boarders ... but I sure you'll have someone some where .... its like that one illegal voter you talking about as if it is a major thing.... the problem you have is the majority of your post are based on one or two people who you have found or talked to or read about who aren't really waiting with baited breath for a debate with you ....
============
boarders.., like: a person who pays to live and have daily meals at another person's house or at a school.

at which liberdummy skool [sic] did you get a basic education ? :lmao: ... :lmao:

[/QUOTE]
like all of your questions, they are loaded .... you see mudpacker you can be a liberal/dem and not support gay marriage ... you can be a dem/liberal and not be for open boarders .... which by they way Mudpacker the only one that says we Dem/liberals are for open boarders are you repub-lie-cans .... I personally don't know of any Liberal/dem myself who are for open boarders ... but I sure you'll have someone some where .... its like that one illegal voter you talking about as if it is a major thing.... the problem you have is the majority of your post are based on one or two people who you have found or talked to or read about who aren't really waiting with baited breath for a debate with you ....

============
boarders.., like: a person who pays to live and have daily meals at another person's house or at a school.

at which liberdummy skool [sic] did you get a basic education ? :lmao: ... :lmao:

[/QUOTE]
its assholes like you whose whole life ambition is to look for a grammar error ... you got me big fucking deal :ahole-1:

It boils down to propaganda. It works. The left owns most popular media and the demonization of Republicans, conservatives, traditional values, etc. is constant and unrelenting. After so much exposure most people that aren't paying attention, which is most people, think is has to be true.

Your friend is typical of what I experience when talking to libs, they believe the sound bites and bumper stickers. Considering results and long term implications require effort and a little dedication to sort out. It's like the adult/child relationship. The child wants a cookie before dinner and the parent is mean for denying it. It's much easier to get the "they are mean" message out than it is to explain why a cookie before dinner is bad for you.
Democrats want to feel they are compassionate and caring. They express this by supporting policies that demonize successful people and lionize failures.
That pretty much explains the entire appeal of Democrats. And most people fall for it.

I was talking to a co-worker last week. He's from Texas. I don't remember how the subject came up but I asked him who he voted for president in the last two elections. He said Obama. We have been discussing different topics over the past few weeks. One of them was the administration bringing in tens of thousands of illegals from Central America. He mentioned that some church was the sponsor in San Antonio of several thousand that were staying in a compound out at the Air Force base.

I asked him who he thought gave them the permission to use an Air Force base. He shook his head. I then reminded him that the President is the Commander In Chief, and that nothing of such a large scale happens in the military without the knowledge of the president. He said I was making this all up.

Well, last week when I asked him who he voted for he said Obama, and I asked him which party he belonged to, and he said Democrat. I asked him if he supported open borders and same-sex marriage, but then he just tried to dismiss all that because according to him, Republicans only support the rich.

This wasn't first time I heard what seemed like a fairly informed person mention this.

Let's face it. There are still Democrats out there that refuse to pay attention. They'll looking for an excuse not to vote Republican and the Democrats always supply them with one. They don't care that the Dems have policies they don't agree with. The only issue that matters to them is that the Republican Party is the party of the rich. It's total hogwash.

What the Democrats have going for them is tradition. Most of America has always been Democrat. Even in the South there are still generations of Democrats who still hold their noses and vote Democrat regardless of the fact that the Democratic Party doesn't stand for anything they hold dear. Most of them feel that Obama fooled a lot of people into voting for him, but they still refuse to vote for anyone the Republicans produce, because all it takes is one false claim by the Democrats and it doesn't matter whether it's true or not. The racists in the South that liberals have been saying drifted to the Republican party are still voting Democrat, because their Daddy voted Democrat, and their Grand Daddy voted Democrat. This is why the Dems still have hope. They may lose Independents for one election cycle, but they can count on a strong immovable base to always vote for them come Hell or high water. This is why even though Obama has lost massive support, his approvals still never dip into the low 30s. Most traditional Democrats can't believe all of the evidence against him. They think it's all being made up for political purposes.

partyideology.png

Clueless Voters Explain Why They Voted for Obama

Exactly.

They do not want to debate their irrational adherence to worn out traditions.

These are people that remember the way things used to be. What the Democrats in Washington are doing today isn't believable. It also doesn't help that 90% of the media refuses to cover it.

The OP has been talking politics with some guy for weeks.....but just learned last week that he voted for Obama twice?

Why does that sound like bullshit?

Dummies have a hard time making shit up.
I know, I know, its mud packer.... thats not peanut butter on his nose ... that him with his nose so far up the republicans back side, its hard for him to see

If I were to respond in kind to you it would give you something to be so nasty over. I'll just let your words speak for themselves.

[QUOTE="mudwhistle, post:

[/QUOTE]
here he goes again with this idea he knows what dems are for ... tell us dems in the south do you really hold your nose when you vote for dems ???? or is it because of some republicans who was standing front of you wth shit all over their heads ...

democrat voters ... do you vote with the Idea that if the person who is running for office has one thing wrong in their campaign that you don't like, you won't vote fore them ... I personally don't know of any liberal/dem who does that ... did your daddy did your grand daddy and his granddaddy vote for dems ??? I know my dad didn't ... could it be mudwhistler is , how you say wrong again????

when you have republicans filibustering ever bill you try to pass, when you have republicans outright lie about eveyrthing you stand for, then try to make it into something its not in the press, then you come here and tell us how uninformed we really are ... it is you who is uninformed .... all you have done here today is spout off republican talking points based or pure republican prejudice

Last edited:
I would like to point something out. Right now, your entire message consists of whining about the Democrats. That's why nobody votes Republican.

The majority of the right wing on this board doesn't want to

1. alter or even address foreign policy changes that lead to many of the Central American folks coming across the border. That would require making changes and addressing the free market policies and that won't happen.
  2. back working class Americans.
The right wing, as the Democrats, have consisted of a bunch of gold tooth smiling folks that are focused on a message. Like if you can figure out a way to pitch it correctly then people will come running.

That is the failure of both parties.
Two points of propaganda are listed right here. And not so little amount of whining about the GOP.

I would like to point something out. Right now, your entire message consists of whining about the Democrats. That's why nobody votes Republican.

1. alter or even address foreign policy changes that lead to many of the Central American folks coming across the border. That would require making changes and addressing the free market policies and that won't happen.
The right wing, as the Democrats, have consisted of a bunch of gold tooth smiling folks that are focused on a message. Like if you can figure out a way to pitch it correctly then people will come running.

Two points of propaganda are listed right here. And not so little amount of whining about the GOP.

Right now that's just you commenting. You have not bothered to adequately address what it is that you see as propaganda.

Let me ask you a serious question ... first of all, I a liberal .... my question to you and I'm thinking you're a dem ... if you're a independent I apologise for calling you a Dem ... my question is: "do you support open boarders???

I'm an independent. I am a liberal.

I do not support open borders.
WhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ???? Mudwhistler said we dems support open borders ... how could that be??? could it be mudwhistler doesn't have a clue about what we believe could that be it

The point I made, and most who read the OP will say, is that even though many Democrats don't support their policies, they'll still vote for them because of a single issue. Republicans only help the rich, or hate blacks, or hate women, or any number of silly stereotypes. It's pure utter nonsense.

Now are you done going on a rant?

It boils down to propaganda. It works. The left owns most popular media and the demonization of Republicans, conservatives, traditional values, etc. is constant and unrelenting. After so much exposure most people that aren't paying attention, which is most people, think is has to be true.

Your friend is typical of what I experience when talking to libs, they believe the sound bites and bumper stickers. Considering results and long term implications require effort and a little dedication to sort out. It's like the adult/child relationship. The child wants a cookie before dinner and the parent is mean for denying it. It's much easier to get the "they are mean" message out than it is to explain why a cookie before dinner is bad for you.
Democrats want to feel they are compassionate and caring. They express this by supporting policies that demonize successful people and lionize failures.
That pretty much explains the entire appeal of Democrats. And most people fall for it.
here you republicans go again ....stating something that hasn't one ounce of truth to it ... if a company is using a product that can cause you your death, or cripple you for life, this isn't a policy that we won't support... the fact that you seem to think we dems don't like successful people is bull shit ... what we don't like is successful people getting rich on the crippling of its workers ... that's what you republican feel .... if they get hurt so be it ..... if they get cancer from their product, too bad for them ... if they pollute the water and air, suck to be us ... we dems don't like that kind of policy ... we haven't any objection of successful people, we do how ever object on how they get there

Last edited:

Right now that's just you commenting. You have not bothered to adequately address what it is that you see as propaganda.
Your premise is that the only way to address the foreign policy changes for Central America is through free market policies. Your premise is false. However, you and many on the left here have been told over and over what some of the current thinking on controlling illegal immigration is from the moderates and the conservatives. You simply disagree.

However, your disagreement does not equate to the majority of the right on this board not willing to discuss or pursue policy change.

Much like your first point, your second is flat our wrong on premise and fact. The conservatives and most of the GOP do back th working class in this country. Simply because they do so in a manner and promote policy that YOU disagree with does not equate to them being against the working class.

The bottom line is this. This is your opinion. There is nothing to refute because you have not provided any adequate level of objective statements that need to be refuted.

You disagreeing with the other side does not mean your position is valid, sound, or even correct.

The rhetoric the democrats engage in is designed to seduce those that comprise the larger voter block.

The morons that comprise this voter block are so stupid that they will not even leave their lying political party even after we show them how Clinton awarded at lease 4 no bid contracts to Halliburton. They do not acknowledge and certainly do not care how many CEOs were busted under bush, who had done much of their illegal practices under Clinton.

They do not know or care about the special tax shelters given to GE. They could not care less about the richest of the rich being paid off by ZIRP in the stock market (warren buffet to name a few) who were the big contributors to the democrats. They could not care less about how much money and decadence Hollywood engage in, most of which are proud liberals.

The point is democrats have been seducing their morons cause they know to skillfully lie to the larger voting block and then blame their favorite scapegoats when their pathetic policies fail.

Pick from the cliches. Whites, America, right wing, Christians, corporations etc etc etc.......

They are all thoughtless squish pots and that is about it. Impossible to argue with such hypocrisy who shift like the sands of Egypt.

Your premise is that the only way to address the foreign policy changes for Central America is through free market policies. Your premise is false. However, you and many on the left here have been told over and over what some of the current thinking on controlling illegal immigration is from the moderates and the conservatives. You simply disagree.

However, your disagreement does not equate to the majority of the right on this board not willing to discuss or pursue policy change.

Much like your first point, your second is flat our wrong on premise and fact. The conservatives and most of the GOP do back th working class in this country. Simply because they do so in a manner and promote policy that YOU disagree with does not equate to them being against the working class.

The bottom line is this. This is your opinion. There is nothing to refute because you have not provided any adequate level of objective statements that need to be refuted.

You disagreeing with the other side does not mean your position is valid, sound, or even correct.

And yet, you still did not address why it is that it was false.

Let me ask you a serious question ... first of all, I a liberal .... my question to you and I'm thinking you're a dem ... if you're a independent I apologise for calling you a Dem ... my question is: "do you support open boarders???

I'm an independent. I am a liberal.

I do not support open borders.
WhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ???? Mudwhistler said we dems support open borders ... how could that be??? could it be mudwhistler doesn't have a clue about what we believe could that be it

The point I made, and most who read the OP will say, is that even though many Democrats don't support their policies, they'll still vote for them because of a single issue. Republicans only help the rich, or hate blacks, or hate women, or any number of silly stereotypes. It's pure utter nonsense.

Now are you done going on a rant?
lets look at what you just said here ... dems, do the people you vote for do every thing you want ??? I for one haven't ever found a person who I voted had 100% of what I wanted if I got 60% I was happy ....it is you who is pointing out what you think we dems believe and how we vote .... as you can see by us dems responding to do we want open Borders you were wrong there ... I guess you lost that rant as you want to call it ... I get sick and tired of your idea what we liberals/dems are for

lets look at your republicans ... how they vote ... if I had a republican who lets say was for pro-choice and passing immigration ...just 2 things ... the majority of the republican voters would be against that person ... if we dems had a democrat that ran on pro-life and was against passing iimmigration laws and the rest of the things he ran on we liked, we would vote for them ... thats what makes us different .... we aren't looking for a person who we agree 100% of the time like you republicans do... look at romney ... he was a pro- choice ... but when he ran for the presidency, ROMNEY ALL SUDDEN FOUND OUT HE WAS PRO- LIFE .... REPUBLICANS HAVE TO LIE ABOUT WHAT THE BELIEVE IN JUST TO GET ELECTED

Last edited:

Okay, blaming our policies for all of these people coming here from Central America is nonsense. The excuse is that we were so evil that we deported the guys that became drug cartels and are now subjecting Central Americans to hardships. Well, that's just an excuse. A poor one no doubt.

The reason many deportees turned to drug trafficking is because of the lack of jobs provided in their home countries. Who's fault is that? The local governments. Not ours.

Backing working class Americans? Is raising excise taxes, cutting education, and punishing businesses a Republican policy? No, all of them are Democrat policies.

Okay, blaming our policies for all of these people coming here from Central America is nonsense. The excuse is that we were so evil that we deported the guys that became drug cartels and are now subjecting Central Americans to hardships. Well, that's just an excuse. A poor one no doubt.

The reason many deportees turned to drug trafficking is because of the lack of jobs provided in their home countries. Who's fault is that? The local governments. Not ours.

Backing working class Americans? Is raising excise taxes, cutting education, and punishing businesses a Republican policy? No, all of them are Democrat policies.

here is another assumption on your part .... Dem's do we want the drug cartel to come to the US ??? really do we ??? I for one do not

George Bush and the republican party passed a bill that said if you are a child under 18 years old with out parents we have to take you in then determine what to do with them ... and the tax payers is to pay for it... if you don't like what republicans pass don't vote for them .... the problem you have is you really don't know what you're voting for ... you just think you do

English a second language for you?

I don't refute false premises. I ignore them. Until you say something that provides tangible proof that the GOP does not discuss, nor want to discuss the immigration issue, there is nothing to refute.

That IS addressing your false assertions.

The rhetoric the democrats engage in is designed to seduce those that comprise the larger voter block.

The morons that comprise this voter block are so stupid that they will not even leave their lying political party even after we show them how Clinton awarded at lease 4 no bid contracts to Halliburton. They do not acknowledge and certainly do not care how many CEOs were busted under bush, who had done much of their illegal practices under Clinton.

They do not know or care about the special tax shelters given to GE. They could not care less about the richest of the rich being paid off by ZIRP in the stock market (warren buffet to name a few) who were the big contributors to the democrats. They could not care less about how much money and decadence Hollywood engage in, most of which are proud liberals.

The point is democrats have been seducing their morons cause they know to skillfully lie to the larger voting block and then blame their favorite scapegoats when their pathetic policies fail.

Pick from the cliches. Whites, America, right wing, Christians, corporations etc etc etc.......

They are all thoughtless squish pots and that is about it. Impossible to argue with such hypocrisy who shift like the sands of Egypt.
you know all these talking points you have here, were actually bills passed by republicans ... so what you're trying to say here is when we dems use the tax laws that you republicans used and passed, its now a bad thing because we dems likes orro's and the hollywood types use it ... seems you're a bit one sided here ... something you seem to accuse us dems of ... how can that beeeeeee

English a second language for you?

I don't refute false premises. I ignore them. Until you say something that provides tangible proof that the GOP does not discuss, nor want to discuss the immigration issue, there is nothing to refute.

That IS addressing your false assertions.
OK how about this ... the GOP doesn't want to talk about immigration until after the election ... why ??? because if the voter knew the were for passing it, they would vote against the GOP .... republicans only bring out what will get them elected and nothing more... you know like repealing obama care 50 times

Right to work is a republican policy, no? Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans support unions. The democrats simply pay lip service. Hence, union political parties are stepping up locally in places like Ohio. So, where is Faux privatization of public education? Yep, that seems to be a Democrat/Republican gang as both parties have their hands in the kitties for that. No?

That punishment of the small businesses..........came from the banksters. The big ones and not the small ones. The big ones nailed the smaller banks as well. Remember all of the lobbying done by The United States Chamber of Commerce?

Our foreign policy has not changed in a good hundred years. If you haven't been paying attention Obama also supports those policies.

US-Funded Think Tank Sways New Government - CSMonitor.com

El Salvador -- New Internationalist

Achieving food security, and more specifically food sovereignty, is the number one priority for the communities that Voices’ serves in the Bajo Lempa region of Jiquilisco, Usulután. The Bajo Lempa has some of the richest, most productive land in El Salvador, yet agricultural and economic policies have made it almost impossible for small farmers to even feed their families. Free trade agreements allow large, subsidized farms in the U.S. access to Salvadoran markets, and local farmers simply can’t compete. Grocery stores and markets in urban areas are full of grains and processed food from the U.S.

Supporters of globalization might argue that grocery stores in San Salvador or Zacatecoluca full of Welches Grape Juice and Pancake syrup is a positive development. But many in the Bajo Lempa argue that it ruins the local economy and is replacing their culture of food. The community of Amando Lopez has recognized this as an important issue and for their community assemblies requires participants to bring their own cups and bowls and instead of serving cookies and cokes for refreshments they serve traditional tomalies, fresh maracuya (passion fruit) juice, hot chocolate or other locally produced snacks. But even organized communities like Amando Lopez struggle to achieve food security.
Popular Struggle for Food Security in El Salvador Voices on the Border

That is just El Salvador, that ain't the half of it and that doesn't even touch the gangs. We are not even fully dealing with the IMF at this point.

So, when you say excuses that leads me to wonder if you are aware and are brushing off the above as if it is not relative or what the deal is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back