This looks like a step in the right direction

It's good but it doesn't go far enough. Why don't adults with dependents have to work? I have worked my entire life, and I had three dependents. Why should I work hard to pay taxes that go to adults that have children they can't afford?

It's good but it doesn't go far enough. Why don't adults with dependents have to work? I have worked my entire life, and I had three dependents. Why should I work hard to pay taxes that go to adults that have children they can't afford?
Blackrook, when my children were still small we didn't have much, but we had enough. I remember wondering how to make them see their blessings, especially the times when they checked out everyone else's plate at the supper table in case someone got more than they by accident. Your post reminds me of that. So I humbly advise you toThank God for your family, your health and your good fortune that you can provide for your family, and stop worrying about how someone you'll never meet may get something they don't deserve. At least don't make an obsession out of it. Obsessions are bad for the liver, not to mention the heart and sense of well being. Your glass is half full, you have your dignity and your honor. Be grateful, and let God handle the rest.

Blackrook, when my children were still small we didn't have much, but we had enough. I remember wondering how to make them see their blessings, especially the times when they checked out everyone else's plate at the supper table in case someone got more than they by accident. Your post reminds me of that. So I humbly advise you toThank God for your family, your health and your good fortune that you can provide for your family, and stop worrying about how someone you'll never meet may get something they don't deserve. At least don't make an obsession out of it. Obsessions are bad for the liver, not to mention the heart and sense of well being. Your glass is half full, you have your dignity and your honor. Be grateful, and let God handle the rest.
I'm sorry, but the taxes I pay have always been food out of my children's mouths, we have never been wealthy. When I was self-employed in Los Angeles, I paid one dollar out of every three to the U.S. government for income taxes and self-employment taxes. This was very burdensome on our family and made it very difficult for us to make ends meet. I was paid in cash, and I could have cheated, but I paid every dollar I owed in taxes. My honesty meant my children had to do on much less, while dishonest people who don't work lived better than us and had more children than we could afford.

I'd say he along with all tax payers have a right to be pissed off.
If you're able bodied you need to work...it's that simple.

People who have children they can't afford to support should have them taken away by child services.

People who can't afford to have children shouldn't have sex, even if they're married.

People who aren't married shouldn't have sex at all.

Some people may be hurt by this program, but overall I think it is a very good development. There has to be something to motivate able bodied adults to move off of entitlement funding and work towards getting a job. It will ultimately give them a greater sense of dignity and even improve their chances to improve their financial situation. The same could be in place for welfare, etc. It may even cost tax payers more for child care to get someone to work for their support, but in the long run a better solution.

By and large, I cannot agree with Blackrook on this that married couples having children is such a detriment because of the financial burden. Too many other important factors that come into play here.

People who have children they can't afford to support should have them taken away by child services.

People who can't afford to have children shouldn't have sex, even if they're married.

People who aren't married shouldn't have sex at all.

The simple solution.
Offer free birth control and no money after the first "mistake".

Forum List

Back