This marks the end to gun control

This comes up every few months.and it's funnier each time I see it. There is no way a 3D printed gun will ever reach the quality of a manufactured gun to start with, and without universal background checks, anyone who wants a gun can have one, or many, anyway. If you want a home made gun, you can build one of your own in your garage with just a few common tools. Plenty of instructions for that on the internet.

Again with the universal background checks....you know that they are stupid...right? You have no argument for them other than that saying the words makes UBCs seem worthwhile, considering they do not achieve anything.

The only reason to have universal background checks is to get universal gun registration.

There is no way a 3D printed gun will ever reach the quality of a manufactured gun

I wouldn't bet the farm on that one. Did you watch the videos? They did a 500 round stress test on one of them, and this technology is still in its infancy.

500 rounds isn't much beyond being well broken in for a manufactured gun. They were surprised the printed one made it that far If it would have made it to 600, they would have announced that.

There is no way a 3D printed gun will ever reach the quality of a manufactured gun

I wouldn't bet the farm on that one. Did you watch the videos? They did a 500 round stress test on one of them, and this technology is still in its infancy.
-------------------------------------------------------- yeah , that.45 acp looked pretty nice Confounding .

disagree , that .45 was nice . And things are still in their very beginnings Bulldog .

disagree , that .45 was nice . And things are still in their very beginnings Bulldog .

Of course they will improve. Still a Looooooong way till they can compete with the gun manufacturers.

This comes up every few months.and it's funnier each time I see it. There is no way a 3D printed gun will ever reach the quality of a manufactured gun to start with, and without universal background checks, anyone who wants a gun can have one, or many, anyway. If you want a home made gun, you can build one of your own in your garage with just a few common tools. Plenty of instructions for that on the internet.

That's what they said about the automobile when they came out against a horse...

You remind me of a time in the 1980s when I was installing robotics at a a plant in Georgia on a injection molding machine that made golf balls..it took 3 operators to run it.

The operators just laughed..( thinking to myself you better not laugh and you better go back to school)

That robot and automation replaced all 3 operators

500 rounds isn't much beyond being well broken in for a manufactured gun. They were surprised the printed one made it that far If it would have made it to 600, they would have announced that.

It's an infant technology dude, and 500 rounds could do a lot of fucking damage. The technology will improve rapidly. I'd be willing to bet that 3d printed guns will eventually replace manufactured ones.

Last edited:
What was it , quality guns were made of forgings i think . Then comes along Sturm - Ruger and their high quality guns are made of INVESTMENT Casting which start out as Powdered Metal i think . And powdered metal parts are well known in making gun parts . I'm no expert but i think that these printed guns will be common and very high quality one day .

--------------------------------------------------------------- might be that 3D printing will make high quality gun manufacturing rule and regulation free and thats what many people fear Bulldog .

That's what they said about the automobile when they came out against a horse...

You remind me of a time in the 1980s when I was installing robotics at a a plant in Georgia on a injection molding machine that made golf balls..it took 3 operators to run it.

The operators just laughed..( thinking to myself you better not laugh and you better go back to school)

That robot and automation replaced all 3 operators

Do you think that a comparatively priced home made car would be much competition to a manufacturer produced car? Specialized 3D printers capable of producing a gun comparable to what is sold in every gun store today, and at a price that an average person could afford are still pretty far off. You can already get everything you need to build a gun at Harbor Freight, but I don't see a mass effort to build guns with that equipment. What makes you think 3D printing will be a widespread source for guns any time soon?

Yup the obvious in technology happened...we told you so.

This marks the end of gun control

The federal government has finally recognized the obvious – that sharing instructions on how to make guns with 3D printers counts as constitutionally protected speech. Despite little fanfare, this is an important victory for First Amendment rights. It also represents a real blow to the increasingly futile cause of gun control.

The U.S. Justice Department announced a legal settlement and its surrender to the First Amendment arguments July 10 made in a case brought by Cody Wilson, founder of Defense Distributed. Wilson, 25, created a ruckus in May 2013 when he announced his successful design of a plastic gun. In just two days, 100,000 copies of the handgun blueprint were downloaded from Wilson’s website.

The most downloads came from Spain, followed by the U.S., Brazil and Germany. The heavy downloading in Spain, Brazil and Germany likely reflected attempts to evade extremely restrictive handgun regulations in those countries.

Despite all the media bed-wetting. 3D printing makes really terrible guns ... literally nothing more than hand removal tools. You can make better firearms with everyday shop tools.

Screen-Shot-2017-07-19-at-1.27.12-PM.png

The Luty 9MM SMG is made with off-the-shelf materials, with a 500 rpm rate of fire and made with hand tools.

It's an infant technology dude, and 500 rounds could do a lot of fucking damage. The technology will improve rapidly. I'd be willing to bet that 3d printed guns will eventually replace manufactured ones.

Sure, in time. We'll all have George Jetson flying cars by that time.

--------------------------------------------------------------- might be that 3D printing will make high quality gun manufacturing rule and regulation free and thats what many people fear Bulldog .

You could be right. I doubt it though.

Sure, in time. We'll all have George Jetson flying cars by that time.

I'd rather have Jane Jetson ...

15b596d085dbea1d3d60043dc043613d--female-cartoon-the-jetsons.jpg

Is this a good thing if a terrorist can smuggle a 3D printed gun on an airplane? Sounds like people who shouldn't have a weapon will be able to bypass the background checks.

The gun isn't going to be plastic.......

Ignorant Trumpbot...yes it will. Except for a metal firing pin, 100% of the gun will be plastic.

Jeez...it was right in the OP article...DUH.

'Blueprints for 3D-plastic gun downloaded 100,000 times in 2 days before the State Department orders the site to take down the weapon designs
  • Defense Distributed posted video on Sunday of founder shooting all-plastic gun made on an $8,000 3-D printer
  • Pistol uses only one metal piece - a small nail for the firing pin'

Printable Plastic Gun Can Evade Security Scanners - Security | DSLReports Forums

Stupid, fucking, gun bunnies.

Thanks to you morons, now terrorists may be able to smuggle guns onto passenger aircraft with ease.

The first passenger that is killed directly/indirectly due to these plastic guns being used for a hijacking...it will be partially your faults.
Even though you dishonorable cowards will dodge the blame.

Don't bother responding to this...I will not read it. I try not to waste my time on useless gun bunnies.

Last edited:
Printable Plastic Gun Can Evade Security Scanners - Security | DSLReports Forums

Thanks to you morons, now terrorists may be able to smuggle guns onto passenger aircraft with ease.

The first passenger that is killed directly/indirectly due to these plastic guns being used for a hijacking...it will be partially your faults.

Don't bother responding to this...I will not read it. I try not to waste my time on useless gun bunnies.

McNugget sez???? "Only da gubermint should ever have guns!!!"

McNugget is a dipshit and an idiot...throw in "commie" as well.

Yes we know you far left drones only want the criminals to have guns.

You want to take away guns for law abiding citizens, the police, the military, etc. But you do not seem to care if the criminals are the only ones to have them..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back