This may make me sound like a liberal, I don't care. Not into trophy hunters.

Grew up in a rural area where hunting was big but never liked it and did not participate much
Bothered me to kill something, it's alive and what need is there for me to make it unalive ?

As long as what they kill is either a pest or is consumed, trophies are fine.

They aren't "consuming" Tigers, dude. They're simply killing them for fun.

You're lying, again! Usually the meat is given to local tribes or the folks that tend the camp.

what happens to animals hunted in african safaris?

LOL "Yahoo answers" is hardly a reliable source.

Don't attack the source maggot, prove it wrong or STFU.

This guy Scott Van Zyl, turns out was eaten by Nile crocodiles.

Man who made his living killing African wildlife gets eaten by African wildlife

Scott Van Zyl made his living taking wealthy clients on “safaris” for the sole purpose of bringing home trophies like leopards, zebras, wildebeests and even lions. Now, investigators in Zimbabwe believe that Van Zyl ended up on the wrong end of the predator-prey relationship, and DNA tests have confirmed that he was attacked, killed, and eaten by crocodiles while on a hunting trip.

---------------------

This type of hunting actually makes me sick and honestly think it is sinful.

Scott-van-Zyl2.png
full
Why on Earth would it make you sick?

We kill PEOPLE all the time for various reasons; and some animal being put down upsets you?

Mkk, Okiedokie.

Why is this a political issue? Africa has regulated Safari hunting for decades and local poaching is a problem so you can't blame an American trophy hunter for anything. I hope the anti trophy hunting fraternity doesn't applaud the gruesome death of an American hunter because they hate hunting.

I applaud it.
You applaud the death of an American hunter?

Por Que?

I wholeheartedly agree with you!

Killing animals for sport is sickening, revolting and immoral and I hope those who commit those horrible crimes burn in Hell for an Eternity.

Trophy hunting is used for controlling over population of predators and dangerous predators and provides funding for conservation efforts that include fighting poachers.

You are reacting emotionally and not with an informed perspective.

Trophy hunting is GOOD for the wildlife as it funds care of these protected and other animals.

Why is this a political issue? Africa has regulated Safari hunting for decades and local poaching is a problem so you can't blame an American trophy hunter for anything. I hope the anti sport hunting fraternity doesn't applaud the gruesome death of an American hunter simply because they hate hunting.
Trophy hunting is not right. Hunting for food, or for population control etc where it is necessary is one thing.

Not for the big business.

Something about killing majestic animals and hanging them on walls....

There is a difference between hunting for trophy etc and doing it for food.

Period.
In a way i feel the same way as you, but thr truth is, if American trophy hunters werent doing these trips to Africa, all those majestic animals would be dead due to local poachers. An illegal poacher can go out and kill rhinos all day long, providing no money to the region at all. An american on the other hand will pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to hunt just one. That money then goes to preserving all the other wildlife by hiring security forces that watch for poachers.

An old adult rhino is extremely damaging to other rhinos. They become agressive and kill younger males so they cant breed. Culling them is vital to the rhino population. Thats where an american will step in, pay them a fuckload of cash and go cull the the old rhino.

It may look bad at a glance. Hell, these guys might be assholes who just want a trophy, but they truly are doing a huge service for wildlife when they go on these hunts.

Winner of rhino hunting auction: My $350,000 will help save species - CNN.com
If they are doing it to thin out herds or for food, but let's not kid ourselves.

Displaying them on walls and displaying them out is what the millionaires are paying big money to do.

It is about big business and there is something immoral about it. If it is necessary to kill animals for whatever the reasons, it should be done with more respect than the way it is being done.

I can tell you a lot of benefits in having abortions. From the overpopulation of humans, to not wanting more and more unwanted pregnancies with fatherless kids. Jesus even said judas would have been better off never being born. I can use all of the logic in the world. Displaying and smiling over a slaughtered majestic animal is NOT respecting creation.

This is about big business. If it was merely about what you are saying, it can still be done without the parading. I could get behind that. Would still have remorse though.

This is about the immoral manner in the way these things are done.
At the end of the day their dishonorable purpose for hunting them is irrelevant. They might be dicks, but they are the only reason rhinos even still exist.

At the end of the day their less than honorable purpose for hunting them is irrelevant. They might be dicks, but they are the only reason rhinos even still exist.
Why in the hell are they dicks?

They are funding the care of animals, conservationism and laws against poachers.

Most trophy hunters admire the animals that they hunt.

Why are you so judgmental against trophy hunters?

At the end of the day their less than honorable purpose for hunting them is irrelevant. They might be dicks, but they are the only reason rhinos even still exist.
Why in the hell are they dicks?

They are funding the care of animals, conservationism and laws against poachers.

Most trophy hunters admire the animals that they hunt.

Why are you so judgmental against trophy hunters?
Im guessing a lot of them are just into killing shit. That isnt a great reason to hunt something, but they provide an invaluable service, so im willing to overlook it.

Im guessing a lot of them are just into killing shit. That isnt a great reason to hunt something, ....

If a person just wants to 'kill shit' they can do it in the USA in their hom state for free as their are hunting seasons with licenses in every state, and some states have all year seasons on killing some animals and some state even PAY YOU to kill those animals. So why shell out $350,000 to go to Africa when you can get paid to kill all the boars you want in Texas?

but they provide an invaluable service, so im willing to overlook it.

That is mighty noble of you, Gandhi.

D
Why is this a political issue? Africa has regulated Safari hunting for decades and local poaching is a problem so you can't blame an American trophy hunter for anything. I hope the anti sport hunting fraternity doesn't applaud the gruesome death of an American hunter simply because they hate hunting.
Trophy hunting is not right. Hunting for food, or for population control etc where it is necessary is one thing.

Not for the big business.

Something about killing majestic animals and hanging them on walls....

There is a difference between hunting for trophy etc and doing it for food.

Period.
In a way i feel the same way as you, but thr truth is, if American trophy hunters werent doing these trips to Africa, all those majestic animals would be dead due to local poachers. An illegal poacher can go out and kill rhinos all day long, providing no money to the region at all. An american on the other hand will pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to hunt just one. That money then goes to preserving all the other wildlife by hiring security forces that watch for poachers.

An old adult rhino is extremely damaging to other rhinos. They become agressive and kill younger males so they cant breed. Culling them is vital to the rhino population. Thats where an american will step in, pay them a fuckload of cash and go cull the the old rhino.

It may look bad at a glance. Hell, these guys might be assholes who just want a trophy, but they truly are doing a huge service for wildlife when they go on these hunts.

Winner of rhino hunting auction: My $350,000 will help save species - CNN.com
If they are doing it to thin out herds or for food, but let's not kid ourselves.

Displaying them on walls and displaying them out is what the millionaires are paying big money to do.

It is about big business and there is something immoral about it. If it is necessary to kill animals for whatever the reasons, it should be done with more respect than the way it is being done.

I can tell you a lot of benefits in having abortions. From the overpopulation of humans, to not wanting more and more unwanted pregnancies with fatherless kids. Jesus even said judas would have been better off never being born. I can use all of the logic in the world. Displaying and smiling over a slaughtered majestic animal is NOT respecting creation.

This is about big business. If it was merely about what you are saying, it can still be done without the parading. I could get behind that. Would still have remorse though.

This is about the immoral manner in the way these things are done.
Do you support abortion?

You're lying, again! Usually the meat is given to local tribes or the folks that tend the camp.

That's not a "source." Any random joe can answer questions on yahoo answers. And hunting an endangered species for meat is beyond fucked up.

That's not a "source." Any random joe can answer questions on yahoo answers. And hunting an endangered species for meat is beyond fucked up.

Is your google broke freak? Prove it wrong or STFU!

BTW you can't get a license to hunt endangered species.

Last edited:
There is a huge ass Bass Pro Shop in Springfield. They have ponds and a creek and all kinds of displays. Hubby loves shopping there but I usually won't go because everywhere you look there are stuffed animals. Deer, elk, bear... you name it, they got it. They're all set in beautiful displays. I stared and stared and the whole wretched business was just so incredibly sad I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Crocodiles and gators should be hunted; a vile creature at best, and nobody should be whining about 'saving' them. They're just a form of vermin.

Whatt on earth do you have against crocs?
One eat your dog?

People who condemn trophy killing and then go and eat an animal are simply hypocrites. But it could be a decent first step. If trophy killing really upsets you, vote with your money and go vegetarian.

Forum List

Back