This may make me sound like a liberal, I don't care. Not into trophy hunters.

I have never needed to hunt or fish for food, so I never took up hunting. Big Game hunting just as sport is to me, morally wrong.

I'd like to see these big game hunters do something really exciting...hunt other big game hunters.

Human on human with similar weapons...now there's a challenge.

Hiding in a tree to shoot an animal while it drinks water from a river is coward.

Now if you hunt after your hunting partner and the winner lives, loser dies...that's balls.
What's wrong with taking trophys?

th
In mexico you would find similar trophy displays. They are called rape trees. The panties and bras ripped off migrant women are draped on these trees. That's what this picture reminds me of.

I don't like trophy hunting. Like ColonelAngus people should be hunted. That's fair. It is said that around Juarez with enough money, arrangements can be made to hunt women. It's gone on for years. Those men probably take more than panties for a trophy.

It would be fun to hunt rapists. A high caliber bullet right to the head while they are peacefully trying to rape. That seems fair.

Allow these men to rape within a certain area, but allow other men to hunt those rapists and hang their stuffed heads on their trophy wall.
Why stop with rapists. Hunt them all. Take scalps. I'm with you. Hunt them down. Hunt drug users like they were Prarie dogs.

No excuse or reason for trophy hunting. Some say it benefits the people but in fact, the only ones who gain a living are the guides. If you really want to help the poor, they do much better with photo safaris.

One way to look at it is that killing an animal benefits a few once. Tourism benefits more and many times over.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

This guy Scott Van Zyl, turns out was eaten by Nile crocodiles.

Man who made his living killing African wildlife gets eaten by African wildlife

Scott Van Zyl made his living taking wealthy clients on “safaris” for the sole purpose of bringing home trophies like leopards, zebras, wildebeests and even lions. Now, investigators in Zimbabwe believe that Van Zyl ended up on the wrong end of the predator-prey relationship, and DNA tests have confirmed that he was attacked, killed, and eaten by crocodiles while on a hunting trip.

---------------------

This type of hunting actually makes me sick and honestly think it is sinful.

Scott-van-Zyl2.png
full
Yeah, you're not the only Conservative who hates this stuff. Mark Levin and other top Conservatives share our view on respecting God's creation.

Why stop with rapists. Hunt them all. Take scalps. I'm with you. Hunt them down. Hunt drug users like they were Prarie dogs
Drug USERS? Drug pushers, I'll agree, but a lot of innocent people get caught up in drug addiction. Most need help, not punishment.

Again, I am not a hunter myself, but if it's legal, I don't have a problem with people doing something that I wouldn't personally do.

For example....I FUCKING HATE ROOT BEER. That doesn't mean I want it outlawed. I just choose to drink other beverages. If someone loves root beer and chooses to have 12 root beers every day....they should.
Drinking root beer isn't TAKING AN INNOCENT LIFE.

I'd like to see these big game hunters do something really exciting...hunt other big game hunters.

Hiding in a tree to shoot an animal while it drinks water from a river is coward.

Now if you hunt after your hunting partner and the winner lives, loser dies...that's balls.

th
In mexico you would find similar trophy displays. They are called rape trees. The panties and bras ripped off migrant women are draped on these trees. That's what this picture reminds me of.

I don't like trophy hunting. Like ColonelAngus people should be hunted. That's fair. It is said that around Juarez with enough money, arrangements can be made to hunt women. It's gone on for years. Those men probably take more than panties for a trophy.

It would be fun to hunt rapists. A high caliber bullet right to the head while they are peacefully trying to rape. That seems fair.

Allow these men to rape within a certain area, but allow other men to hunt those rapists and hang their stuffed heads on their trophy wall.
Why stop with rapists. Hunt them all. Take scalps. I'm with you. Hunt them down. Hunt drug users like they were Prarie dogs.

I agree in theory, but it would need to be a controlled environment, like hunting preserves. You would have to have some wardened off area for drug dealing, and then hunting those drug dealers.

For sure, though, anyone who would sit in a tree and wait for an animal to drink from a river and shoot them, should enjoy the REAL sport of hunting for a human...that is also hunting you. It would be way more exciting.

th

This is of course just another lie spread by the lowest slime, like Tipsycatlover [emoji90]

Do a search. You'll find the "rape tree" lie repeated, over and over, but only by RWNJ sites.

Please do not repeat this vile lie.

Again, I am not a hunter myself, but if it's legal, I don't have a problem with people doing something that I wouldn't personally do.

For example....I FUCKING HATE ROOT BEER. That doesn't mean I want it outlawed. I just choose to drink other beverages. If someone loves root beer and chooses to have 12 root beers every day....they should.
Drinking root beer isn't TAKING AN INNOCENT LIFE.

What about the innocent root?

People do not understand the dynamics of big game hunting in Africa, and how it helps preserve the wildlife.

The countries are poor and without the money from big game hunters to hire game rangers and protect the animals.
The animals would soon be wiped out by poachers looking to make a quick buck from their hides, or people killing them for food. ..... :cool:
Hunt the damn poachers

th

ColonelAngus

While I would happily join in a hunt for rapists, what Tipsycatlover wrote is lies.

th

This is of course just another lie spread by the lowest slime, like Tipsycatlover [emoji90]

Do a search. You'll find the "rape tree" lie repeated, over and over, but only by RWNJ sites.

Please do not repeat this vile lie.

You must admire those men.

Okay, now THAT is really weirD.

___ Drink a root beer
___ Kill an animal, chop off the head, nail the head on the loving room wall.

Nope. I just don't see the similarity.

-----

An excuse we hear, that hunting kills the weakest, oldest, that sorts thing is nonsense. Hunters always go for the biggest and strongest. There is no Boone & Crockett prize for smallest and weakest.

On its face, I don't object to hunting for food but hunters do enormous damage.

Why is this a political issue? Africa has regulated Safari hunting for decades and local poaching is a problem so you can't blame an American trophy hunter for anything. I hope the anti sport hunting fraternity doesn't applaud the gruesome death of an American hunter simply because they hate hunting.
Trophy hunting is not right. Hunting for food, or for population control etc where it is necessary is one thing.

Not for the big business.

Something about killing majestic animals and hanging them on walls....

There is a difference between hunting for trophy etc and doing it for food.

Period.
In a way i feel the same way as you, but thr truth is, if American trophy hunters werent doing these trips to Africa, all those majestic animals would be dead due to local poachers. An illegal poacher can go out and kill rhinos all day long, providing no money to the region at all. An american on the other hand will pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to hunt just one. That money then goes to preserving all the other wildlife by hiring security forces that watch for poachers.

An old adult rhino is extremely damaging to other rhinos. They become agressive and kill younger males so they cant breed. Culling them is vital to the rhino population. Thats where an american will step in, pay them a fuckload of cash and go cull the the old rhino.

It may look bad at a glance. Hell, these guys might be assholes who just want a trophy, but they truly are doing a huge service for wildlife when they go on these hunts, so we should definitely encourage it.

Winner of rhino hunting auction: My $350,000 will help save species - CNN.com

Last edited:
As long as what they kill is either a pest or is consumed, trophies are fine.

They aren't "consuming" Tigers, dude. They're simply killing them for fun.

You're lying, again! Usually the meat is given to local tribes or the folks that tend the camp.

what happens to animals hunted in african safaris?
Don't like the idea of hanging majestic animals on walls.

Proverbs 12:10 : "A righteous man cares for the needs of animals, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel."

Like I mentioned, I do not have a problem with them being killed for food or population control. There is something disrespectful about displaying them on walls. I also do not think the ones hanging them on walls and paying big money to do that really care all that much what they are doing with the meat.

There is a line and using them to parade on walls is wrong.

I think the folks that make their living in taxidermy would disagree.
The LOVE OF MONEY is the root of all evil.

Do you want to discuss what the safari big game hunting is truly about, or do you want to stick with the notion that it is about feeding tribes?

It is disrespectful to God's creation. It being a multi million or multi billion dollar business only convinces more that it is wrong.

Not that I can do anything about it. If killing the king of beasts and tigers and leopards and elephants for sport brings you joy, well nothing I can say.

All I do know is we all have it coming on judgement day.

I've already stated it's all part of a wildlife management plan and highly regulated. Nothing goes to waste and you got your panties in a wad because some folks like display the hides and heads as trophies. All of which helps guard against extinction of many of the species and helps to provide jobs for a lot of people. So feel free to take your holier than thou attitude or you can act like an adult and realize it's good for the ecosystem and the people involved who depend on it for their livelihoods.

Hunt the damn poachers
They do.

The poachers are para-military criminals with automatic weapons and are very dangerous individuals.

The park rangers have a shoot on sight order regarding the poachers.

So many times the park rangers and poachers have running gun battles in the jungles. ..... :cool:

Why is this a political issue? Africa has regulated Safari hunting for decades and local poaching is a problem so you can't blame an American trophy hunter for anything. I hope the anti sport hunting fraternity doesn't applaud the gruesome death of an American hunter simply because they hate hunting.
Trophy hunting is not right. Hunting for food, or for population control etc where it is necessary is one thing.

Not for the big business.

Something about killing majestic animals and hanging them on walls....

There is a difference between hunting for trophy etc and doing it for food.

Period.
In a way i feel the same way as you, but thr truth is, if American trophy hunters werent doing these trips to Africa, all those majestic animals would be dead due to local poachers. An illegal poacher can go out and kill rhinos all day long, providing no money to the region at all. An american on the other hand will pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to hunt just one. That money then goes to preserving all the other wildlife by hiring security forces that watch for poachers.

An old adult rhino is extremely damaging to other rhinos. They become agressive and kill younger males so they cant breed. Culling them is vital to the rhino population. Thats where an american will step in, pay them a fuckload of cash and go cull the the old rhino.

It may look bad at a glance. Hell, these guys might be assholes who just want a trophy, but they truly are doing a huge service for wildlife when they go on these hunts.

Winner of rhino hunting auction: My $350,000 will help save species - CNN.com
If they are doing it to thin out herds or for food, but let's not kid ourselves.

Displaying them on walls and displaying them out is what the millionaires are paying big money to do.

It is about big business and there is something immoral about it. If it is necessary to kill animals for whatever the reasons, it should be done with more respect than the way it is being done.

I can tell you a lot of benefits in having abortions. From the overpopulation of humans, to not wanting more and more unwanted pregnancies with fatherless kids. Jesus even said judas would have been better off never being born. I can use all of the logic in the world. Displaying and smiling over a slaughtered majestic animal is NOT respecting creation.

This is about big business. If it was merely about what you are saying, it can still be done without the parading. I could get behind that. Would still have remorse though.

This is about the immoral manner in the way these things are done.

Okay, now THAT is really weirD.

___ Drink a root beer
___ Kill an animal, chop off the head, nail the head on the loving room wall.

Nope. I just don't see the similarity.

-----

An excuse we hear, that hunting kills the weakest, oldest, that sorts thing is nonsense. Hunters always go for the biggest and strongest. There is no Boone & Crockett prize for smallest and weakest.

On its face, I don't object to hunting for food but hunters do enormous damage.

Please make all of my choices for me.

Forum List

Back