This Might Be Why Burger King Is Going Bankrupt Across The Country

• Banned
When? The 1880's? I mean seriously!? One dollar burgers!?

1980's in Irving, TX. They were full-sized Whoppers with everything on them for $1 on Sundays.

The Reagan years were great, especially if you lived in Texas. I was a commercial brick and block mason then and the economy was so strong you could quit a job and have another one the same day.

A new BK opened. At first french fries were real thick potatoes. Better than McDonalds. Then? The help started screwing up. Two other BK same, in CA or AZ.

McDonalds is also turned to a lot of crap last years. Bad stupid lazy workers. For a while i kept going, giving kids a chance. Blacks.....i did not want to believe.

Bigmistake. They cant understand how to make change.

But reading the linked report , nothing has yet been taken to court. Of course the manager could be a nut but so far there is no evidence mentioned in the link supporting the allegation -- and could be simply two "cute "women fabricating a story after the event which might have been an argument over something entirely different . Naturally BK had to fire the manager for PR and business reasons, but privately they may still have her on pay until matters are resolved. Final outcome details might be interesting to hear .

My city used to have two locations, but one of them closed around 20 years ago. I do not know why.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I once heard it said that they failed an inspection made by the health department.

The 80’s had the. .99 cent hamburger stands that took over a lot of the Wienerschnitzel restaurants for awhile.

Oh well I'm a nineties baby that's why I didn't know that, but that's pretty cool that you could get food so cheap in the eighties.

Oh well I'm a nineties baby that's why I didn't know that, but that's pretty cool that you could get food so cheap in the eighties.
70’s and 80’s. I remember my mom stopping off on her way home from work and bringing us kids food from there once in awhile. Was when generic food in grocery stores was popular. Building had the same visual as that. Black and white building. Generic black and white packaging.

I have 3 burger kings around me I don't go to anymore because I am lucky as hell if my food is even Luke warm. Their fries suck and it's all just incredibly underwhelming at best. And that's been the case for years.

Which is a shame because I love a good whopper and the original chicken sandwich were always favorites of mine but now it's not worth even the gas to drive there.

Forum List

Back