🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

This one is for the gun grabbers. Explain this.

Part of the reason that there is so much violence and crime in the big cities is because the people are closely pressed together and don't have time to decompress from constant contact.

If you put a bunch of rats together in an area where they each have enough room, they are peaceful and will coexist.

If you place a whole bunch of rats together in an area where they are crawling all over each other, they will end up fighting and killing each other until there is enough room to comfortably accommodate the survivors.
Nope. First of all, we're not rats. Second, blacks are responsible for the vast majority of that crime. So if you wanted to be honest, blacks are the problem
You could also say that the poor are responsible for the vast majority of the crime. Shall we demonize the poor as well?
So what if the black thugs are poor. It's no excuse. There are many poor people, Most of them are white, but blacks are the poor people committing all the violent crime.

Wyoming has more guns per capita than any other state. They have open carry, and you do not need a permit to carry concealed. Yet the crime rate is 40 percent less than the national average, with some cities well below that. Some of them are among the safest places to live in America. So, if guns are the problem, as you believe, why aren't people being gunned down in the streets?

Ever been to Wyoming? Ever driven across the state? I've been all over that state because I loved riding all through it on a motorcycle when I was younger. And, I can tell you that there are places there where you can drive for up to an hour before you see another person, car, or house. It is VERY sparsely populated out there.

Less people equals less crime.

If the crime is based per capita, how do you explain the difference?

What's next ? Going to compare traffic between New York City and Laramie Wyo?

Wyoming has more guns per capita than any other state. They have open carry, and you do not need a permit to carry concealed. Yet the crime rate is 40 percent less than the national average, with some cities well below that. Some of them are among the safest places to live in America. So, if guns are the problem, as you believe, why aren't people being gunned down in the streets?

Ever been to Wyoming? Ever driven across the state? I've been all over that state because I loved riding all through it on a motorcycle when I was younger. And, I can tell you that there are places there where you can drive for up to an hour before you see another person, car, or house. It is VERY sparsely populated out there.

Less people equals less crime.
/—/ so what happens if you break down or run out of gas?

If you are from the area, you know how far it is between towns and plan accordingly. My Grandparents would never let the gas gauge get below 1/2 tank, unless they absolutely had to.

However.....................if you aren't from the area and end up stranded, well......most people in that area are pretty decent and are willing to take you to a gas station or possibly give you some gas if they have a fuel can with them.

If you break down? Same deal. People in that area of the country are still willing to stop and help out.

Shoot..............sometimes they still pick up hitchikers. I know I've done that a time or two when necessary. One time, I had received a call that my Grandmother was getting ready to pass on, and I got within 5 miles of the hospital when the car crapped the bed and quit. l locked the car, got out and started hitchhiking and was picked up within 5 min and taken to the hospital.

I kinda miss living in Montana and Wyoming on occasion...................

Because people live miles apart from each other . This is so stupid .

Compare apples to apples . Oh you won't , cause it exposes the myth of "more guns more safety "
Once again, you are stating that the guns are not responsible. According to you, it's over crowding. Thanks for proving my point.

Did I say they were?
How do you know that the guns are responsible for the lower crime rate?
I did not say that guns were responsible for low crime rates. I said they were not responsible for HIGH crime rates. But you might want to ask yourself why the top ten cities, crimewise, have some of the toughest gunlaws.
I imagine that the top 10 cities, crimewise, have some of the toughest gunlaws because they are the top 10 cities, crimewise...
How often do criminals obey laws?
Depends on the risk/reward, but definitely not as often as most. why?
Just don't see how laws stop people who ignore them.

Not saying don't look for answers but if more laws equates to less crime, I could never explain Chicago or LA gang violence.
Well laws do work to some degree to help crime. We aren't living in the wild west anymore nor are we living in Central Africa or areas in the middle east that are basically run by gangs, thugs and violent corruption. So with that said we know that the rule of law is conducive to a civilized and safe society. There is no universal system that will work everywhere so the needs of each city and society need to be analyzed so the best laws, and enforcement policies are put in place.

There will never be a solution that gets rid of all violence or all gun violence or all mass shootings, but there are things that can be done to limit the consistency and the damage that is done. We need to be able to have a conversation about the realistic middle ground and not about the extreme absolutes.

Part of the reason that there is so much violence and crime in the big cities is because the people are closely pressed together and don't have time to decompress from constant contact.

If you put a bunch of rats together in an area where they each have enough room, they are peaceful and will coexist.

If you place a whole bunch of rats together in an area where they are crawling all over each other, they will end up fighting and killing each other until there is enough room to comfortably accommodate the survivors.
Nope. First of all, we're not rats. Second, blacks are responsible for the vast majority of that crime. So if you wanted to be honest, blacks are the problem
You could also say that the poor are responsible for the vast majority of the crime. Shall we demonize the poor as well?
So what if the black thugs are poor. It's no excuse. There are many poor people, Most of them are white, but blacks are the poor people committing all the violent crime.

Now it's the blacks?

How about we compare like states .

Massachusetts as the big gun control state vs Arizona as the big gun nut state . Both have a large urban area also . Pretty comparable .

Now it's the blacks?

Massachusetts as the big gun control state vs Arizona as the big gun nut state . Both have a large urban area also . Pretty comparable .
According to FBI statistics, it is the blacks. It's a fact.

I'm not going to get into an ugly race conversation with you. I don't have the energy for it today. It is pointless and divisive and only pours fuel on the fire. Just ask yourself where you think it is going to lead if you only point your finger at an entire race to place blame... Are you expecting all the blacks to say, wow, your are right, we suck and we are responsible, we will just go back to Africa now... I honestly can't comprehend where your head is at when you spew this garbage.

I did not say that guns were responsible for low crime rates. I said they were not responsible for HIGH crime rates. But you might want to ask yourself why the top ten cities, crimewise, have some of the toughest gunlaws.
I imagine that the top 10 cities, crimewise, have some of the toughest gunlaws because they are the top 10 cities, crimewise...
How often do criminals obey laws?
Depends on the risk/reward, but definitely not as often as most. why?
Just don't see how laws stop people who ignore them.

Not saying don't look for answers but if more laws equates to less crime, I could never explain Chicago or LA gang violence.
Well laws do work to some degree to help crime. We aren't living in the wild west anymore nor are we living in Central Africa or areas in the middle east that are basically run by gangs, thugs and violent corruption. So with that said we know that the rule of law is conducive to a civilized and safe society. There is no universal system that will work everywhere so the needs of each city and society need to be analyzed so the best laws, and enforcement policies are put in place.

There will never be a solution that gets rid of all violence or all gun violence or all mass shootings, but there are things that can be done to limit the consistency and the damage that is done. We need to be able to have a conversation about the realistic middle ground and not about the extreme absolutes.
Agreed. Like I said all for searching for a solution, just more laws to me isn't it.

Now it's the blacks?

Based on what ? Stats from A bias white controlled justice system that targets them.

Because there's like 300 people there each separated by 50 miles.
There are two cities with a population in excess of 60,000. Of the top ten, cities, the smallest is ten thousand. Try again.

The point is, there just isn't a large enough population to have the dynamics that cause more crime like we see in more densely populated areas.
So, are you admitting that guns aren't the problem? Is that what you're saying?

So are you admitting your own OP is a bullshit strawman premise?

I'm not going to get into an ugly race conversation with you. I don't have the energy for it today. It is pointless and divisive and only pours fuel on the fire. Just ask yourself where you think it is going to lead if you only point your finger at an entire race to place blame... Are you expecting all the blacks to say, wow, your are right, we suck and we are responsible, we will just go back to Africa now... I honestly can't comprehend where your head is at when you spew this garbage.
I'm simply stating the facts. It's not racist. It's statistics. Blacks are responsible for most violent crime. More precisely, it's a small percentage of blacks. Can you deny this?

There are two cities with a population in excess of 60,000. Of the top ten, cities, the smallest is ten thousand. Try again.

The point is, there just isn't a large enough population to have the dynamics that cause more crime like we see in more densely populated areas.
Did I say they were?

And you might want to ask yourself of those two, crime and "gunlaws", which one arrived in reaction to the other.

On second thought you might want to ask a better source.

Now it's the blacks?

Based on what ? Stats from A bias white controlled justice system that targets them.
LOL! I almost fell out of my chair, laughing at that one. No one is targeting blacks. They are placing themselves in the crosshairs because they are criminals. Too funny. Let's hear another one.

The conversation's only getting ugly because the guy's right and you won't say 'uncle'. The only thing ugly is the political correctness that has taken over honest discourse.

I noticed you didn't post the actual list of most dangerous states : from the FBI STATS you love.

10- Arkansas
Florida
Maryland
Delaware
South Carolina
Louisiana
Tennessee
Nevada
New Mexico
1- Alaska .

All gun nut states , except for Maryland .

The Most Dangerous States in America

Now it's the blacks?

LOL! I almost fell out of my chair, laughing at that one. No one is targeting blacks. They are placing themselves in the crosshairs because they are criminals. Too funny. Let's hear another one.

Yes . As we know the justice system is color blind! Race and money mean nothing ! lol!

If the gun grabbers were serious they would have called for Barry Hussein's impeachment and A.G. Holder's indictment not to mention the heads of every government agent who participated in Operation Fast and Furious where thousands of illegal weapons were shipped to Mexican drug cartels and one of the weapons was used to murder a U.S. Border Patrol Officer. The left said nothing or defended the idiocy. It's proof that the so-called "gun control" issue is nothing but a political tool.

Notice how all of a sudden, the same people who say more guns = more gun crime are now saying that population is the issue.....simply amazing....If their core belief is that more guns = more crime, then it wouldn't matter the population density, the people there, with guns, would be shooting each other because of easy access to guns...

But that isn't the case.....and as we know...

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Did I say they were?

And those gun laws keep normal, good people from having guns...while the criminals get the guns they want and need.....

Why is it so difficult for you guys to understand that taking guns away from normal people will not lower the crime rate....?

Forum List

Back