This song named most iconic of all time

So you've all heard it, but without hearing it now, just read the lyrics and realize that "experts" just ranked it most iconic of ALL TIME.

Load up on guns and bring your friends
It's fun to lose and to pretend
She's over-bored and self-assured
Oh no, I know a dirty word

Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello

With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious

A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay

I'm worse at what I do best
And for this gift I feel blessed
Our little group has always been
And always will until the end

Hello, hello, hello

A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay

And I forget just why I taste
Oh yeah, I guess it makes me smile
I found it hard, it's hard to find
Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Hello, hello, hello

A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido

A denial, a denial
A denial, a denial
A denial, a denial
A denial, a denial
A denial

Nirvana's classic 'Teen Spirit' named most iconic song of all time | Entertainment | KLEW CBS 3 - News, Weather and Sports - Lewiston, ID
Depends on who's "experts" they are. I never heard of the song or the group.

Hair bands were fun. Nirvana was boring and depressing. Hardly a surprise that OldFool prefers the latter.
Never said I preferred them you old whore. Just that they killed hair metal.
:fu:

Overcompensating for your Short-Cumming again, eh bub?
^ foul mouthed old skank

^^^ Under-endowed Misogynist who hasn't gotten laid since the Nixon Administration ^^^

So you've all heard it, but without hearing it now, just read the lyrics and realize that "experts" just ranked it most iconic of ALL TIME.

Load up on guns and bring your friends
It's fun to lose and to pretend
She's over-bored and self-assured
Oh no, I know a dirty word

Hello, hello, hello

A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay

I'm worse at what I do best
And for this gift I feel blessed
Our little group has always been
And always will until the end

Hello, hello, hello

A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay

And I forget just why I taste
Oh yeah, I guess it makes me smile
I found it hard, it's hard to find
Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Hello, hello, hello

A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido

A denial, a denial
A denial, a denial
A denial, a denial
A denial, a denial
A denial

Nirvana's classic 'Teen Spirit' named most iconic song of all time | Entertainment | KLEW CBS 3 - News, Weather and Sports - Lewiston, ID
Great freakin' song, still sounds great, ushered in Grunge, buried Glam (extra points for that).

But calling a song the best anything is kinda silly. Art is subjective, obviously.

Hair bands were fun. Nirvana was boring and depressing. Hardly a surprise that OldFool prefers the latter.

^ foul mouthed old skank

^^^ Under-endowed Misogynist who hasn't gotten laid since the Nixon Administration ^^^
I think you're confusing your own failing with mine. Since I wasn't even alive during the Nixon admin old skank.

^ foul mouthed old skank

I think you're confusing your own failing with mine. Since I wasn't even alive during the Nixon admin old skank.

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything mean you say
Bounces off of me
And sticks to you

^ foul mouthed old skank

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything mean you say
Bounces off of me
And sticks to you
You started it nyah nyah boo boo!

^ foul mouthed old skank

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything mean you say
Bounces off of me
And sticks to you

Now THATS an iconic song

All one has to do is look who is in the R&R Hall of Fame and realize who is not. That tells you the vote is stacked against great bands of the sixties and seventies in order to usher in B.S. from the 80’s forward. Including “iconic” rap artists and some punk, oh joy.

Nirvana and Guns ‘n Roses and AC/DC and Van Halen are about the best rock they have to offer after all the great vintage rock bands stopped recording. Big deal. None of them would sell a hundred albums if they were put back when composition meant everything. They are all overrated because the competition has been so weak, IMO. The newer generations want simple chords, heavy beat and instant connection to a song because they have the attention span of a gnat. Don't trouble them with intrigue and something deeper.

No one (almost no one) really has staying power any more. Not in my opinion.

The most iconic song of all time is probably “Happy Birthday” even though I have trouble with that, too. I’m a Doors fan, so what do I know.

All one has to do is look who is in the R&R Hall of Fame and realize who is not. That tells you the vote is stacked against great bands of the sixties and seventies in order to usher in B.S. from the 80’s forward. Including “iconic” rap artists and some punk, oh joy.

Nirvana and Guns ‘n Roses and AC/DC and Van Halen are about the best rock they have to offer after all the great vintage rock bands stopped recording. Big deal. None of them would sell a hundred albums if they were put back when composition meant everything. They are all overrated because the competition has been so weak, IMO. The newer generations want simple chords, heavy beat and instant connection to a song because they have the attention span of a gnat. Don't trouble them with intrigue and something deeper.

The most iconic song of all time is probably “Happy Birthday” even though I have trouble with that, too. I’m a Doors fan, so what do I know.

The End. 5 to 1. La Woman. Imho more iconic than Smells.......

The End. 5 to 1. La Woman. Imho more iconic than Smells.......
"This is the end... beautiful friend."

You and I have some common ground. :)

Actually, I love scores of Doors songs. If pressed, I would say When the Music's Over and Waiting for the Sun are my top choices.

But the war is over, we have lost, no one is listening. - - - Kanye rules.... I guess :0

Last edited:

Forum List

Back