🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

This us how the feds have protected old growth and waterways in Oregon

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
WP_20160716_007.jpg

Siuslaw National Forest..our economy was completely sidelined in order to protect the flora and fauna of this area, that the feds said the landowners were not properly managing.

The sale point...the feds would protect the old growth, and nurture all the species who live there, and also allow the public to continue to have unfettered access to it.

The reality...the old growth is gone, the economy is destroyed, the animals can't even get through this shit, and the feds close all access points to the forests, which they also destroy and make unnavigable by leaving the slash on the ground.

This is a PROTECTED WILDERNESS area. You like what you see? I couldn't even let my fucking dog out it was so dangerous.

Last edited:
That's an allegedly protected waterway, tenmile creek. The landowners along this creek were driven out, and include multiple members of my family. Public access to the creek is restricted, supposedly because there are native salmon species that the original landowners didn't care enough about. Initially, the feds gutted the creeks..removing all slash and everything else. The result was a change in the water temp that made it unhospitable for the salmon. So now they do what they do to the forest, and the result is these ridiculous log jams along the creek. Not natural, dangerous, do nothing except hinder animals and humans from accessing the creeks.

But downstream, in one of the few parcels of land that is privately owned, they have allowed some californias to set up a big pot farm on the banks of the tenmile, where they grow marijuana to towering heights...look to be about 30 feet tall or more.

These roads and waterways used to be managed and maintained by people who lived there, who managed them better AND managed to live off them. There were not huge piles of slash, roads were not blocked, there were no log jams in the creek. People were able to fish (my mother, her brothers, my brothers, and my older sons have all fished tenmile successfully) and to camp, there were swimming holes all along the length of the creek, and beautiful open fields interspersed with tremendous old growth stands. Now there's nothing.

View attachment 82900

Siuslaw National Forest..our economy was completely sidelined in order to protect the flora and fauna of this area, that the feds said the landowners were not properly managing.

The sale point...the feds would protect the old growth, and nurture all the species who live there, and also allow the public to continue to have unfettered access to it.

The reality...the old growth is gone, the economy is destroyed, the animals can't even get through this shit, and the feds close all access points to the forests, which they also destroy and make unnavigable by leaving the slash on the ground.

This is a PROTECTED WILDERNESS area. You like what you see? I couldn't even let my fucking dog out it was so dangerous.
What killed those trees? You got spruce bud worm out there, too?

Forum List

Back