Those little bits of memory just disappearing at the speed of light. Crypto currency in trouble.

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
Funds disappear at imploding crypto exchange FTX
The embattled company’s new CEO John Ray III said Saturday that FTX is switching off the ability to trade or withdraw funds and taking steps to secure customers’ assets, according to a tweet by FTX’s general counsel Ryne Miller. FTX is also coordinating with law enforcement and regulators, the company said.
Exactly how much money is involved is unclear, but analytics firm Elliptic estimated Saturday that $477 million was missing from the exchange. Another $186 million was moved out of FTX’s accounts, but that may have been FTX moving assets to storage, said Elliptic’s co-founder and chief scientist Tom Robinson.
A debate formed on social media about whether the exchange was hacked or a company insider had stolen funds, a possibility that cryptocurrency analysts couldn’t rule out.
Crypto was supposed to be the hedge against inflation, because instead of dealing with archaic paper money, you just buy up some bits, and then it is stored somewhere on the net. Nothing tangible just trust when it comes to data. At least paper money still has a value even though it diminishes every year that the Marxist overspend in the government, and precious metals, well, they will always be precious.....

A fool and his money are soon parted....

1668292994615.png

A cashless society--- --- that means you have no money, just numbers in a database owned and controlled by the government who can come in any time they want and just take them, change them, fine them, tax them, do anything they want while you are powerless.
The only way they can take precious metals is to first take away your weapons. Dont let them take your weapons, they cant take the precious metals, without a fight.

The only way they can take precious metals is to first take away your weapons. Dont let them take your weapons, they cant take the precious metals, without a fight.
Other than a few old fossils trading back and forth gold and silver is a sucker's bet when the SHTF.

I'll take a case of bar soap over a equal value of precious metal.

Personal hygiene items and ammo is where it will be at. ;)

Other than a few old fossils trading back and forth gold and silver is a sucker's bet when the SHTF.

I usually agree with you but that's a hard no. Precious metals/gems have & always will hold an intrinsic value.

Who do you think will own those chickens & eggs you're trading your ammo for? The people who held gold/silver before SHTF & bought the real commodities all up when the dollar has crashed & rest of the financial system is imploding.

It might not make much real sense because you can't live off metals like you can food or other tangible goods but you can't erase human nature either.
Even the leftists know this & that's why there is a low key effort to both depress the prices while hoarding vast quantities going on that MSM ignores

I usually agree with you but that's a hard no. Precious metals/gems have & always will hold an intrinsic value.

Who do you think will own those chickens & eggs you're trading your ammo for? The people who held gold/silver before SHTF & bought the real commodities all up when the dollar has crashed & rest of the financial system is imploding.

It might not make much real sense because you can't live off metals like you can food or other tangible goods but you can't erase human nature either.
Even the leftists know this & that's why there is a low key effort to both depress the prices while hoarding vast quantities going on that MSM ignores
Does it really matter when you have already amassed a ammo fort? ;)

As for "human nature" let the EBT dry-up for a month or two and see what the 45 million wild-eyed "Americans" that are on it will do.....And it's something that will reach into every corner of the land.....Some just don't realize how close to the edge we really are.....Unorganized, untrained, and ill-prepared.

You better come to me with something else besides gold for your cup-o-bullets.

When the SHTF, those metals will be of value for other countries barter system. And i agree with you , that you will need the 2nd amendment to keep those metals from being taken from you,

Does it really matter when you have already amassed a ammo fort? ;)

As for "human nature" let the EBT dry-up for a month or two and see what the 45 million wild-eyed "Americans" that are on it will do.....And it's something that will reach into every corner of the land.....Some just don't realize how close to the edge we really are.....Unorganized, untrained, and ill-prepared.

You better come to me with something else besides gold for your cup-o-bullets.
I know where you're coming from.
Guns/ammo will be at a premium once SHTF but there will be other real commodities that will be sought after too.
Alcohol, fuel, food stocks, etc...
I'm always looking for more ammo but I doubt I'll ever approach your arsenal.

Just don't put all your eggs in 1 basket is my philosophy.
A few years ago I bought a 3 pot still on Ebay just 'cuz. $100 with shipping & a recipe book.
I can use it on my electric stove top.
Moonshine = ethanol/medicine/barter

I have supplied 3 different family weddings with alcohol now & had fun doing it.
For free of course & selling it is what makes it illegal .

Silver historically trades at about 1/17 the price of gold because it is about 17x's more abundant in nature.
Look at the prices now. :cool:

Forum List

Back