Those who are asking Muslims to denounce terrorism, consider this...

Those who are asking moderate Muslims to condemn terrorism, consider this..

Liberals claim that many Christians are liberal.

But we all know that many liberals hate Christianity as the number one enemy of liberalism.

What about liberal Christians?

Have we ever seen, anywhere, ever, a liberal Christian denounce a liberal who mocks or says something hateful about Christianity?

I don't believe I've ever seen it, ever, and I've been doing this for many decades.

I must conclude then, that the statement "Many liberals are Christian" is an untrue statement.

Please try to prove me wrong, because I'd like to be wrong.
American "Christians", like you, are not actual Christians.

I am curious. What, in your opinion, distinguishes American Christians from any other Christian in the world?

But we all know that many liberals hate Christianity as the number one enemy of liberalism.

Have we ever seen, anywhere, ever, a liberal Christian denounce a liberal who mocks or says something hateful about Christianity?

I don't believe I've ever seen it, ever, and I've been doing this for many decades.

I must conclude then, that the statement "Many liberals are Christian" is an untrue statement.

I am curious. What, in your opinion, distinguishes American Christians from any other Christian in the world?
They're much worse. Hypocrites and ignorant, even of their own faith, to the core.

They're much worse. Hypocrites and ignorant, even of their own faith, to the core.

:lol: Oh that's an American thing? Dude, I have news for you....Christian, Buddhist, Muslim.....you name it. The VAST majority of any religion doesn't follow either what their sacred text says or what they profess to be their beliefs. I saw a study once (I can't remember who it was by but it covered multiple religions from various nations) that showed that about 3% of any religion's follower's knew what their religion was actually all about. That's not an American thing, that's a stupid human being thing

:lol: Oh that's an American thing? Dude, I have news for you....Christian, Buddhist, Muslim.....you name it. The VAST majority of any religion doesn't follow either what their sacred text says or what they profess to be their beliefs. I saw a study once (I can't remember who it was by but it covered multiple religions from various nations) that showed that about 3% of any religion's follower's knew what their religion was actually all about. That's not an American thing, that's a stupid human being thing
Yes, it is a stupid human thing but the Americans are at the bottom of the pile:

"Fewer than half of all adults can name the four gospels. Many Christians cannot identify more than two or three of the disciples. According to data from the Barna Research Group, 60 percent of Americans can't name even five of the Ten Commandments. "No wonder people break the Ten Commandments all the time. They don't know what they are," said George Barna, president of the firm. The bottom line? "Increasingly, America is biblically illiterate." [see Barna Group's web site]

Multiple surveys reveal the problem in stark terms. According to 82 percent of Americans, "God helps those who help themselves," is a Bible verse. Those identified as born-again Christians did better--by one percent. A majority of adults think the Bible teaches that the most important purpose in life is taking care of one's family.

Some of the statistics are enough to perplex even those aware of the problem. A Barna poll indicated that at least 12 percent of adults believe that Joan of Arc was Noah's wife. Another survey of graduating high school seniors revealed that over 50 percent thought that Sodom and Gomorrah were husband and wife. A considerable number of respondents to one poll indicated that the Sermon on the Mount was preached by Billy Graham. We are in big trouble."

The Scandal of Biblical Illiteracy: It's Our Problem

Yes, it is a stupid human thing but the Americans are at the bottom of the pile:

"Fewer than half of all adults can name the four gospels. Many Christians cannot identify more than two or three of the disciples. According to data from the Barna Research Group, 60 percent of Americans can't name even five of the Ten Commandments. "No wonder people break the Ten Commandments all the time. They don't know what they are," said George Barna, president of the firm. The bottom line? "Increasingly, America is biblically illiterate." [see Barna Group's web site]

Multiple surveys reveal the problem in stark terms. According to 82 percent of Americans, "God helps those who help themselves," is a Bible verse. Those identified as born-again Christians did better--by one percent. A majority of adults think the Bible teaches that the most important purpose in life is taking care of one's family.

Some of the statistics are enough to perplex even those aware of the problem. A Barna poll indicated that at least 12 percent of adults believe that Joan of Arc was Noah's wife. Another survey of graduating high school seniors revealed that over 50 percent thought that Sodom and Gomorrah were husband and wife. A considerable number of respondents to one poll indicated that the Sermon on the Mount was preached by Billy Graham. We are in big trouble."

The Scandal of Biblical Illiteracy: It's Our Problem

Yeah no shit, but the point is they did a survey of Americans and not an international survey to give a point of reference. I have been lucky enough to be able to travel all around the world, my brother. Trust me....Americans are neither more or less intelligent than people from any other nation. People in France, Italy, Japan, Australia, etc are just as fucking stupid as Americans.

Forum List

Back