🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Thought for the day

When conversing with me, it is best to keep in mind that I am most interested in religion and its history. It says a lot about me that you never crossed my mind when I wrote about hate shown to Catholics. I was focused on historical events. I was surprised--then amused--that you made it all about you...which alerts me to your own focus. Your misinterpretations of the Catholic faith should have warned me you are equally as likely to misinterpret me.

when you wrote this; " The last part is an attempt of taking scripture and twisting it into something it is not in order to exhibit a "justified" hatred towards others. ." you were referring to what I wrote accusing me of attempting to twist scripture to justify hatred towards others.

You wrote those words to me about what I wrote. I didn't misunderstand you, I do not twist scripture to justify exhibiting hatred towards others, so please, cut the crap. It was your attempt to interject emotion because you cannot rationally or honestly resolve the contradictions between what is written and what the church teaches. It is indefensible yet you are attempting to justify it. That tells me a lot about you. You are not focused on historical events, you are focused on remaining in darkness.

That does not surprise me.

Here's the deal. I am interested in talking about religion and the different perspectives people have of God and faith. I am not interested in talking about myself or any Internet diagnosis people propose. I am happy to discuss religion with you, but I am not going to address any more comments about you (or anything you have convinced yourself I said about you)--and I am certainly not going to talk about me.

To late.... Your predilection for pretense and dedication to falsehood has been already been exposed by you in your own words to all those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.

Last edited:
“We must never retreat in the face of threats or punishments dispensed by theocratic terrorists more interested in protecting their power and indulging their vanity, than in advancing the human condition.

If, as the true believers claim, the word 'gospel' means good news, then the good news for me is that there is no gospel, other than what I can define for myself, by observation and conscience. As a freethinking human being, I have come not to favor or fear religion, but to face and fight it as an impediment to civilized advancement.”

—-Steve Benson, "From Latter-Day Saint to Latter Day Ain't"

“Just the force of rational argument in the end cannot be withstood.”

—Isaac Asimov,

ronnelle-adams-black-atheist.png

“Play hard, work hard, love hard. . . .The bottom line for me is to live life to the fullest in the here-and-now instead of a hoped-for hereafter, and make every day count in some meaningful way and do something—no matter how small it is—to make the world a better place.” – Michael Shermer, founder and publisher, Skeptic Magazine

guno must not have a job because he spends all his time posting to this forum.

guno must not have a job because he spends all his time posting to this forum.

Not all day, but semi retired an very comfortable:coffee:

“We all ought to understand we're on our own. Believing in Santa Claus doesn't do kids any harm for a few years but it isn't smart for them to continue waiting all their lives for him to come down the chimney with something wonderful. Santa Claus and God are cousins.

Christians talk as though goodness was their idea but good behavior doesn't have any religious origin. Our prisons are filled with the devout.

I'd be more willing to accept religion, even if I didn't believe it, if I thought it made people nicer to each other but I don't think it does.”
—Andy Rooney, Sincerely, Andy Rooney, 1999.

“My 'morals' were sound, even a bit puritanic, but when a hidebound old deacon inveighed against dancing I rebelled. By the time of graduation I was still a 'believer' in orthodox religion, but had strong questions which were encouraged at Harvard. In Germany I became a freethinker and when I came to teach at an orthodox Methodist Negro school I was soon regarded with suspicion, especially when I refused to lead the students in public prayer. When I became head of a department at Atlanta, the engagement was held up because again I balked at leading in prayer, . . . I flatly refused again to join any church or sign any church creed. From my 30th year on I have increasingly regarded the church as an institution which defended such evils as slavery, color caste, exploitation of labor and war. I think the greatest gift of the Soviet Union to modern civilization was the dethronement of the clergy and the refusal to let religion be taught in the public schools.”

—W.E.B. Du Bois, from W.E.B. Du Bois, The Autobiography of W.E.B.

- See more at: Freethought of the Day

"One man's religion is another man's belly laugh."

"The most ridiculous concept ever perpetrated by H. Sapiens is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of the Universes, wants the sacharrine adoration of his creations, that he can be persuaded by their prayers, and becomes petulant if he does not recieve this flattery. Yet this ridiculous notion, without one real shred of evidence to bolster it, has gone on to found one of the oldest, largest and least productive industries in history."

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"Faith is a cop-out. It is intellectual bankruptcy. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by faith, then you are conceding that it can't be taken on its own merits."
-- Dan Barker Former evangelist, author, critic

Forum List

Back