Thousands of Low Temperature records about to be broken across US.

I was just browsing the DAILY all-time low temperature records and it looks like we are very likely to break thousands of Low temp records over the next week or two.

Looking at major cities like Salt Lake City UT, Denver CO, Casper WY, Detroit MI, Billings MT, Rapid City SD, among many others will all break records, if their forecasted temperatures are reached. As this storm system moves eastward it is likely to continue to break records across the US. And it won't even be close to the old records. Most will see the records broken by 5 - 8 deg F.

For the 23 of Dec:
Casper, Wy record -27. Forecast is -33
Billings, MT record -20. Forecast -36
Salt Lake City, Ut record -11. Forecast -22
Rapid City, SD record -28, Forecast -36

I could go on, but you get the point. This is going to be a very cold and brutal winter.

The source was Historical records and the NWS forecasting office. I had to compile the data into a list.
Every one bundle up USMB buddies!!

Thanks for the link. Explains in detail what I notice watching the Jet move either north or south, and wasn't aware of the mechanics of it.

Bet the el nino and la nina are driven by this as well.

So much for the climate change crew.
The ENSO triggers this flow aloft. The Sun is what controls it all. IF the oceans can't recharge with energy we will cool. That is where we are today.

It was freaking cold in my neck of the woods over the weekend. My car temp readout was -22ºF Saturday morning. It warmed up Sunday, and was -14ºF, so we went for a swim at the outdoor hot springs nearby.

Maybe the stupidist thing I've ever done.

The ENSO triggers this flow aloft. The Sun is what controls it all. IF the oceans can't recharge with energy we will cool. That is where we are today.

I never bought into the fossil fuels warming the oceans mantra. Not enough BTU energy generated to do that. Only thing that can do that with any real input would be solar, I'd think.

I was just browsing the DAILY all-time low temperature records and it looks like we are very likely to break thousands of Low temp records over the next week or two.

Looking at major cities like Salt Lake City UT, Denver CO, Casper WY, Detroit MI, Billings MT, Rapid City SD, among many others will all break records, if their forecasted temperatures are reached. As this storm system moves eastward it is likely to continue to break records across the US. And it won't even be close to the old records. Most will see the records broken by 5 - 8 deg F.

For the 23 of Dec:

I could go on, but you get the point. This is going to be a very cold and brutal winter.

The source was Historical records and the NWS forecasting office. I had to compile the data into a list.

Here comes the "global cooling crowd" looking for billions of dollars for government, I mean taxpayers..

"Save the desert buzzard!"

th

So which is it???

Are we all going to die of global warming or global cooling?

Wait!!! It doesn't matter because in the end we're all going to die whether it happens or not anyway.

*****SMILE*****

:)

For the 23 of Dec:

I don't know if one thing has anything to do with the other, but the local squirrels are REALLY chubby and they began wearing their winter coats early on, like the beginning of October.

When I see them chubbing out like that and so early in the season it always makes me wonder if we're going to have a really cold winter.

I don't know if one thing has anything to do with the other, but the local squirrels are REALLY chubby and they began wearing their winter coats early on, like the beginning of October.

When I see them chubbing out like that and so early in the season it always makes me wonder if we're going to have a really cold winter.
I learned a long time ago that the animals will tell you what is coming. The deer were in rut early and the antlers were out of velvet early. The deer we took this year was laden with fat. Everything points to a sever and cold winter. Growing up my dad had us kids help with the chicken cull each year and I still remember my grandfather showing us kids the gizzards and how to tell from the fats and build of the organ what the winter was going to be like.
Any time I don't like what a model is telling me, or I question it, I look at the animals and their actions. I tell those that I help to take a break and look out the window, simply observe for a while. Nature always has a tell.

Less heat energy to keep the northern cold in its place. Is this what was meant about blockers setting this up?

I've been watching and see up around Bismark, ND seems to be the spear of the coming arctic cold wave.

Joe Bastardi was right.
Down here on the Gulf Coast, we're forecast to have two nights in the TEENS on Christmas Eve and the night before. I'm 62 and I've never seen it anywhere near that cold at Christmas :) A few years back we did see low 80s at Christmas though :(

For the 23 of Dec:

Too bad biden and the libs hate fossil fuel

It can be very useful in cold weather

As this storm system moves eastward it is likely to continue to break records across the US. And it won't even be close to the old records. Most will see the records broken by 5 - 8 deg F.
So, it won't even be just a hairline, technical record, but fairly record-SHATTERING. The polar mass is already here, in the upper NW quadrant coming down out of Alberta and Saskatchewan, it'll overshoot the far west but come down through the upper Rockies and northern plains straight for Texas, even part of Mexico seeing freezing. Then on Friday, it'll wrap from the Midwest through Kentucky east as it wraps up with a low center pulled in from the Atlantic with a lot of moisture which will dissipate it starting Sunday and head it back up into Newfoundland and the north Atlantic.
MONDAY
Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 6.47.59 PM.jpg

WEDNESDAY
Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 6.49.45 PM.jpg

FRIDAY AFTERNOON
Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 6.51.54 PM.jpg

SATURDAY-CHRISTMAS EVE
Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 6.54.06 PM.jpg

For the 23 of Dec:

And the moronic lefturd sheep want to block out the sun.

Maybe if we stacked them outside overnight in Billings they'd become good for something -- cordwood.

Forum List

Back