Throw this man in prison!

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014

This man should go to jail for trying to separate Americans into groups. I think everybody should look at each other as Americans not as whites or blacks.

As loony as I find the group-think crowd to be.. I certainly can't advocate jailing them.

We should see ourselves as Americans! I want mandatory patriotic classes for our kids to get rid of stereotyping!

Even idiots are welcome to their freedom of speech.

Yep.

It was a stupid thing to say, par for the course for politicians, and he should be free to say stupid things without consequences and intimidation.

You can still suffer consequences in the court of public opinion, as is fair. He was ridiculed for his comment years ago, and is still being ridiculed for it today. He gets what he deserves, but that doesn't include jail time. :thup:

Yep.

It was a stupid thing to say, par for the course for politicians, and he should be free to say stupid things without consequences and intimidation.

You can still suffer consequences in the court of public opinion, as is fair. He was ridiculed for his comment years ago, and is still being ridiculed for it today. He gets what he deserves, but that doesn't include jail time. :thup:

Court of public opinion, you bet. Let him have it, whatever the fuck a "macaca" is.

Losing your job or being forced to sell your business for speaking your mind, not so much.

Yep.

Court of public opinion, you bet. Let him have it, whatever the fuck a "macaca" is.

Losing your job or being forced to sell your business for speaking your mind, not so much.

I agree with you on not being forced to sell your business, but not on losing your job. I may not agree with a company firing an employee for what they say, but recognize that freedom of speech doesn't carry over into the public sector. It's up to that private company's discretion. If they feel that an employee's comments are hurting their bottom line then I can understand them letting that employee go.

Yep.

I agree with you on not being forced to sell your business, but not on losing your job. I may not agree with a company firing an employee for what they say, but recognize that freedom of speech doesn't carry over into the public sector. It's up to that private company's discretion. If they feel that an employee's comments are hurting their bottom line then I can understand them letting that employee go.

I think there's a gray area there. Sure, if a company think that an employee's comments are hurting their bottom line, they've gotta do what they've gotta do. What bothers me is when a company immediately fires somebody because they're terrified they'll be targeted if they don't. That's pure intimidation, and in my opinion it goes against the spirit of freedom of expression.

Case by case situation, I reckon.

Yep.

I think there's a gray area there. Sure, if a company think that an employee's comments are hurting their bottom line, they've gotta do what they've gotta do. What bothers me is when a company immediately fires somebody because they're terrified they'll be targeted if they don't. That's pure intimidation, and in my opinion it goes against the spirit of freedom of expression.

Case by case situation, I reckon.

There is certainly a knee jerk reaction by some companies to eliminate a "problem" before it becomes a problem. It's an unfortunate side effect of the politically correct culture we live in today.

Forum List

Back