Throwing Gasoline on the Fire!

Richard-H

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2008
One aspect of the problem with gun violence that is not being discussed is the relationship between the recent mass murders and the use of Anti-Depressants by the shooters.

Google "Adam Lanza Anti-Depressants" and you'll see what I mean.

What IS being discussed is increased mental health programs in our schools.

This means that there is going to be a huge increase in the number of kids that are put on anti-depressants!

This is nothing short of trying to put out a fire by throwing gasoline on it!

One aspect of the problem with gun violence that is not being discussed is the relationship between the recent mass murders and the use of Anti-Depressants by the shooters.

This means that there is going to be a huge increase in the number of kids that are put on anti-depressants!

Good point. But I don't think LESS mental health intervention is the answer however. Maybe over prescribing anti-depressants is the issue to tackle.

Good point. But I don't think LESS mental health intervention is the answer however. Maybe over prescribing anti-depressants is the issue to tackle.

Maybe?? There is solid evidence that the vast majority of mass shooters over the last few decades have been on psychotropics, and that these drugs cause hallucinations, depression, suicidal and homicidal tendencies, etc.

The problem is that BigPharma is making a fucking FORTUNE on them and NO ONE in Government is willing to piss off their campaign contributors.

Maybe?? There is solid evidence that the vast majority of mass shooters over the last few decades have been on psychotropics, and that these drugs cause hallucinations, depression, suicidal and homicidal tendencies, etc.

The problem is that BigPharma is making a fucking FORTUNE on them and NO ONE in Government is willing to piss off their campaign contributors.

I don't automatically default to the "corruption setting." Perhaps these drugs do actually help plenty of people. Maybe they even help the vast majority of people they are prescribed to - I don't know. I haven't seen any studies.

But I'm willing to take a look and since I believe it's going to take an interdisciplinary approach, I'd advocate THIS being one of the many avenues explored.

Forum List

Back