🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Tim Cook: Apple Won’t Create “Backdoor” To Unlock San Bernardino Attacker’s iPhone

This is probably a dumb question, but Why can't Apple take the phone, crack the code, tell the FBI what's on it and then destroy the software they used to crack the code?
Apple did exactly that. So there' no need for any further judicial proceedings in this matter.
Really? Then why is the FBI still unable to read what's in his phone?

This is probably a dumb question, but Why can't Apple take the phone, crack the code, tell the FBI what's on it and then destroy the software they used to crack the code?

They can, they are just being over dramatic. They can do the code in house, and give the unencrypted data to the FBI, then destroy the code.
Or they could push out an update for new encryption that the hack code wouldn't work on. There are several options to keep people's data secure. But the CEO is another flaming liberal that will do anything to protect terrorists and other criminals.

How stupid are you?

It clearly says; Apple did exactly that, got the data out of the iphone and provided it to the FBI.

But FBI wanted them to create a backdoor that would work on ALL iphones, so they could look at whichever iphone they wanted.

Thats not being dramatic, that is being pro "small government", which I see no problem with.

If you are a liberal who is after "big government", then you might be ok with this idea tho.

OldLady is spot on.......

I have not seen that Apple did that. That isn't what they are saying on the news.

It turns out, apple already handed them all the data that resides on icloud.

But there is a time frame that the phone did not deliver the data to icloud, that the FBI is after, which is in the phone system, encrypted, and FBI asked Apple to crack the password entry rules of the ios, so they can brute force it.

Seems like I am the stupid one...

I have an iPad that requires a code that I set, and an iPhone 6 that uses fingerprint identity to access, which I set up with my right forefinger. That is the only thing that will open that phone. If you have one of these devices and say, have an accident on the highway, the cops used to be able to use your phone to contact nearest relatives. NOt any more.

It is total bullshit, too, what Tim Cook and now Google are saying. Sheer hypocrisy! Google and Apple have made millions of dollars SELLING OUR STUFF to the highest bidder. Total bullshit what they are saying about our privacy. They became billionaires by invading our privacy.

They can, they are just being over dramatic. They can do the code in house, and give the unencrypted data to the FBI, then destroy the code.
Or they could push out an update for new encryption that the hack code wouldn't work on. There are several options to keep people's data secure. But the CEO is another flaming liberal that will do anything to protect terrorists and other criminals.

How stupid are you?

It clearly says; Apple did exactly that, got the data out of the iphone and provided it to the FBI.

But FBI wanted them to create a backdoor that would work on ALL iphones, so they could look at whichever iphone they wanted.

Thats not being dramatic, that is being pro "small government", which I see no problem with.

If you are a liberal who is after "big government", then you might be ok with this idea tho.

OldLady is spot on.......

I have not seen that Apple did that. That isn't what they are saying on the news.

It turns out, apple already handed them all the data that resides on icloud.

But there is a time frame that the phone did not deliver the data to icloud, that the FBI is after, which is in the phone system, encrypted, and FBI asked Apple to crack the password entry rules of the ios, so they can brute force it.

Seems like I am the stupid one...

Calls and text messages are encrypted. The cloud ain't gonna do the authorities any good.

Apple did exactly that. So there' no need for any further judicial proceedings in this matter.
Really? Then why is the FBI still unable to read what's in his phone?

No, Apple has not cracked the code on the San Bernardino killers iPhones or anyone else's for that matter.

Apple's CEO Tim Cook says firm will oppose iPhone court order
Apple's CEO Tim Cook says firm will oppose iPhone court order

Apple bought this technology from Phil Zimmerman, who created the "Black Phone". I got one and gave it to a friend of mine. It's a complicated phone, difficult to set up and receive/send due to the "silent circle" technology, and it's totally un-hackable. Apple made it more user friendly.

Our Story | Silent Circle

I'm so disgusted I'm ready to get a Samsung.

Edited to add: Cook's argument is that there is personal, banking and medical info on a user's phone and that's why he won't allow access by authorities.

This is simple: Don't have bank, medical or personal apps on the damn thing in the first place. The only app I have on mine is Scrabble. That is it. Anyone who has entrusted this on their cell phones in the first place is an idiot.

Last edited:
Instead of the FBI having to strong arm an American company into handing over this protected information, why don't they strong arm the administration and ask them why they let these people get into the country in the first place ?
The phone is just a symptom of the REAL problem.

Apple probably already gave the fbi access....weeks ago. This story is likely bogus. Apple looks like they are trying to protect us...gosh thanks apple. The fbi gets what they want. Both parties are happy.

Apple is still sitting on a rectal doughnut from the iCloud screw-up so they want to defend themselves unquestionably vigorously. If there is 'blow back' they have an out.

THAT is the question of the day! I've been asking the same thing since this started. Everyone wins in that scenario.

Tim Cook is Steve Jobs' protege at Apple and Eddy Cue is Apple's senior vice president of Internet Software and Services and reports to CEO Tim Cook.
According to Eddy Cue "Steve really had just two things he cared about in his life: Apple - and to some extent Pixar - and his family".
US national security is not on that list. Apple is also now a multi-national corporation with two thirds of a sales overseas, and is holding 181 billion dollars in profits overseas, so it's understandable if for them Apple's corporate interests overshadow U.S. national security interests.

Even if apple makes the back door and keeps and destroys the program, the knowledge that it can be done will motivate others to hack and steal information, thus ruining apples value.

Apple has a right to protect itself and its programs.

If hacking a phone is all the FBI has to pin its hopes on to fight terrorism, they should be ashamed.

They did not see it coming and now wants to play catch-up, but the terrorists are well ahead of them.
FBI should design their own programs and hire tech experts

If you haven't done something wrong then why won't you share what's on your phone with everyone at anytime?

That's why liberals all have set their passwords at 0000 and taped them to the back of their phones, isn't it?

If you haven't done something wrong then why won't you share what's on your phone with everyone at anytime?

That's why liberals all have set their passwords at 0000 and taped them to the back of their phones, isn't it?

You want others to know your business information? You financial records? Your health records?
personal information of you and your family? Access to your credit cards?

This is not about tweets and facebook.

Last edited:
if they made it serial number specific i have no problem..., BUT if the technology is for any iphone i say no.., not only NO, but hell NO !!

Forum List

Back