Tim Wise's Film to Take Aim at White Privilege

poet

Rookie
Jun 2, 2011
Texas
Tim Wise: 'White Like Me' Film to Take Aim at White Privilege (Video)
Prominent scholars such as Michelle Alexander, Charles Ogletree and Imani Perry are just a few of the big names who will appear alongside anti-racist author and educator Tim Wise in the film White Like Me. It will be an exploration of race and racism in the U.S. through the lens of whiteness and white privilege, according to Wise's website. (Tim Wise » Kickstarter Campaign ? White Like Me (The Film) ? Support Needed!)

Although the project is close to completion, he recently kicked off a campaign to raise money to finish the film, whose baseline aim is to show how society's failure to properly acknowledge and confront the psychological, social and political effects of white privilege continues to perpetuate racial inequality and race-based political resentments.
Be sure to watch the discussion of the film video.

What can I say??? If your people can't put your better foot forward what do you expect? Blame is just going to make it worse and put us in the same position as Zimbabwe. Idiocy. Why not bring up everyone instead of destroying the people that are doing good? This is what you people did throughout Zimbabwe and now south Africa. How did it work? Ask yourselves this question.

Last edited:
What ever we do; we must make damn sure it is fair and balanced. We can't screw over the people that can and replace them with people that can't. NO MATTER WHAT COLOR THEY"RE. This would be a crime against humanity. The worse mistake many African countries did is forcing whites out instead of learning from them.

Last edited:
If we're going to do anything at all both sides are going to have to debate issues that they're very uncomfortable with. Both are going to have to find agreement that allows for our society to function as we can NOT give up productivity as we find this balance.

We need to do something very different from those two countries I pointed out a few post above.

THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE BY THE LAWS OF ECONOMICS!!!

Last edited:
The reason I kind of hate this is I don't want the rest of the country having the same problems as our inner-cities. We're screwed if we don't stay within the laws of economics and common sense.

This really shouldn't be about screwing over educated people to meet a quota.

Last edited:
how funny, IF you're white you don't have the privilege of AFFIRMATION ACTION or a NAAWP or a WHITE caucus in CONGRESS..

but it's the whites who are PRIVILAGED

What a friggen JOKE..just face it nothing you do will they stop BLAMING you for being white and the cause of all the problems in this country..

Last edited:
What can I say??? If your people can't put your better foot forward what do you expect? Blame is just going to make it worse and put us in the same position as Zimbabwe. Idiocy. Why not bring up everyone instead of destroying the people that are doing good? This is what you people did throughout Zimbabwe and now south Africa. How did it work? Ask yourselves this question.

And what people would those be that are "doing good"? Non sequitur. Try making sense.

I can't stand quietly watching the same idiocy happen to the rest of the civilized world. A crime against humanity. :(

All the evil that whites have done...it most certainly is a crime against humanity. I agree with you.

What ever we do; we must make damn sure it is fair and balanced. We can't screw over the people that can and replace them with people that can't. NO MATTER WHAT COLOR THEY"RE. This would be a crime against humanity. The worse mistake many African countries did is forcing whites out instead of learning from them.

Insanity. Forcing out the whites was the most humanitarian thing they could have done. To fight against European colonization was noble and courageous.

how funny, IF you're white you don't have the privilege of AFFIRMATION ACTION or a NAAWP or a WHITE caucus in CONGRESS..

but it's the whites who are PRIVILAGED
What a friggen JOKE..just face it nothing you do will they stop BLAMING you for being white and the cause of all the problems in this country..

Fortunately there is a distinction between normal, sane white people, who practice compassion, love, tolerance and the inclination to get along with others, and then there are whites, like you and Matthew, who feel entitled and cling to white privilege like a lifeline, and see programs to right wrongs such as affirmative action as an infringement on your rights as a white person. When you're in the majority, there would be no need for a NAAWP or a white caucus, because you have the controls and the authority, anyways....but of course you'd have to have an I.Q. above 75 to understand that.
You do yourself no favors by posting with misspelled words, indicating that either you're too lazy to look up the correct spelling of words, or you don't know any better. Who do you blame for that? Black people, undoubtedly, right? Illiterate bitch.

You know what? I am an American, I'm not irish American nor African American, nor english American or mexican American or anything else...Just American....

And I'm sick of your racist fucking threads.........When you can put your skin tone behind you and be an American let us know...Until then you are just another fucked up racist....

Or maybe we could just tell guilt peddlers like Wise and race baiting creeps like poet to STFU and leave us alone to live our lives.

Oh, I see.......first of all, you'd have to have a heart to feel a sense of guilt for the injustices and inequalities of the past and the present. It's clear, you don't have one.
Race baiting? Is it really, when someone points out your racism and bigotry, but not when you "tar and feather" black people, notably, President Obama and even his family, right?
Leave you alone???? Now why would we do that? And why would I STFU? LOL

You know what? I am an American, I'm not irish American nor African American, nor english American or mexican American or anything else...Just American....

And I'm sick of your racist fucking threads.........When you can put your skin tone behind you and be an American let us know...Until then you are just another fucked up racist....

Really? I mean, really? I'll tell you what. I'm an African-American, or a black American, whatever is your pleasure. And I'm thus, because you and your ilk choose not to view me as "Just an American", by way of your oppression and repression and scapegoating of the black community. I'll stop posting threads you, somehow, find "racist" and "irritating", when I feel I'm being treated like a human being, and not some vile "thing", less than human, and less than worthy of being treated as you would prefer to be treated.
My skin tone is already behind me...it's not behind you (and your ilk). I never "tripped" on skin tone...as I wasn't raised that way. The folks up in here, and in other forums are all caught up in race and white privilege...and expect me to grovel and bow down, and to know my place. Not happening. At 60 years of age, I'm not the one. Don't want your racism reflected back at you? Stop being the racist.

Posted from Facebook:

"Only whites can really get through to whites about their own racism. When it comes from "the other" then whites will almost always dismiss it.
I have found no voice that does this as well as Tim Wise.
If you're black and you think Tim Wise is a chump...well, then you're REALLY gonna hate the rest of the white people.-D.P.S. (a white Facebook poster)

Really? I mean, really? I'll tell you what. I'm an African-American, or a black American, whatever is your pleasure. And I'm thus, because you and your ilk choose not to view me as "Just an American", by way of your oppression and repression and scapegoating of the black community. I'll stop posting threads you, somehow, find "racist" and "irritating", when I feel I'm being treated like a human being, and not some vile "thing", less than human, and less than worthy of being treated as you would prefer to be treated.
My skin tone is already behind me...it's not behind you (and your ilk). I never "tripped" on skin tone...as I wasn't raised that way. The folks up in here, and in other forums are all caught up in race and white privilege...and expect me to grovel and bow down, and to know my place. Not happening. At 60 years of age, I'm not the one. Don't want your racism reflected back at you? Stop being the racist.

And that is how much you know about me. You are the biggest racist here. Probably don't have any friends who are not exactly like you and feel the same way. I have friends who are red, brown, black, and what you call white. I have the same color co-ordinations in my immediate family. And when I go to my HS Class 60th birthday party this year there will probably be 90% dark skinned or as you say Black people. And you know what, not one of them will say a word about race. Yet that is all you ever talk about....Why is it that all you talk about is race? Is it Suzy Smiths fault that her great great great grandpa owned a slave? Can she do anything about it? How many times must whitey say it was wrong? And how wrong is it today that you can have black everything but Whitey can have white nothing?

Look in a mirror and you will see what a true blue racist looks like....

And that is how much you know about me. You are the biggest racist here. Probably don't have any friends who are not exactly like you and feel the same way. I have friends who are red, brown, black, and what you call white. I have the same color co-ordinations in my immediate family. And when I go to my HS Class 60th birthday party this year there will probably be 90% dark skinned or as you say Black people. And you know what, not one of them will say a word about race. Yet that is all you ever talk about....Why is it that all you talk about is race? Is it Suzy Smiths fault that her great great great grandpa owned a slave? Can she do anything about it? How many times must whitey say it was wrong? And how wrong is it today that you can have black everything but Whitey can have white nothing?

Look in a mirror and you will see what a true blue racist looks like....

What? I'm the biggest racists, because some white racist mf'ers said so? I don't think so. And neither do my hundreds, if not thousands of white friends or acquaintances. And please. I have numerous interracial marriages within my family, producing all kinds of combinations of cousins, "half-Russian", "half-Dutch", "half Scotch-Irish", and I, myself am wed to a European, some would classify as "white". And you're not by yourself....outside of this forum, "race" almost never enters any conversations I'm engaged in, because, "race" is a false context, in any event.
And "race", is not all I talk about, as my posts and threads will attest. It, however, is the "meat and potatoes" of this and many other forums I've been associated with, either directly about immigrants, black crime stats, President Obama, Democrats giving away "freebies" and talk of them keeping blacks "dependent" and lazy.
Never do I ever encounter such talk or "mindsets" around my white friends and acquaintances, only here.

And, no...it's not Suzy Smith's fault what her forebears did, or didn't do...but it is Suzy's responsibility not to repeat the sins of the past, by looking down her nose, or not curtailing her speech to reflect sensitivity as it relates to how we treat one another with respect and compassion. Presuming anything, without asking questions and trying to see another's point of view, based on his or her life experiences, is asinine. Yet, some here, have already "mapped out" who I am, what I know, where I've been or should be, before I could type a word. And when the favor is returned, the indignity is to "high heaven".
And why would you even go there with me, using a racial pejorative like "whitey", as if I even think that way? You come to the table with "unclean hands". Whitey???? Why can't you refer to yourself and others as "whites", or "white people"? Because you seek to paint me as "the racist". Unclean hands.
And please identify "black everything" and "white nothing". And for godssake, stop using racial pejoratives.

And I look in the mirror daily, and see nothing of the kind. That's you, projecting.

And please identify "black everything" and "white nothing". And for godssake, stop using racial pejoratives.

Black Caucus
Black College
Black entertainment Television
Black History Month
NAACP
Miss Black USA

Need i really go on? Substitute White for any one of those and it's suddenly racist. Yet we accept these things as run of the mill.... And these barely scratch the surface.....

Forum List

Back