Time For A New 3rd Party?

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
I'm all for a good party and it seems clear the extremists among us have waaay too much sway these days. As such I suggest we start a new party. Certainly the Repub centrists could use some separation from the more strident RW and I'm betting plenty of Dems would gladly disengage from the loony lefties.
Just for shits and giggles we could call it the "RINO" Party but I'm open to suggestion. :D

Last edited:
I'm all for a good party and it seems clear the extremists among us have waaay too much sway these days. As such I suggest we start a new party. Certainly the Repub centrists could use some separation from the more strident RW and Im betting plenty of Dems would gladly disengage from the loony lefties.
Just for shits and giggles we could call it the "RINO" Party but Im open to suggestion. :D

I'd hoped McCain and Lieberman would've split off in 2000, but I think its now too late. It's gotten to the point that the crazier the gop gets, the easier it is for the dems to shift a bit left, and still be the only sane choice.

I was hopeful we got that message, but Paul Ryan's sticking with his budget to advance us to 1950.

There are only about thirty of them out there, you should find one to your liking.

There are 2 main parties and a bunch of fringies. I'm talking about a centrist party that marginalizes the fringies who now define the GOP and increasingly, the Dems.

Last edited:
Come on. We have massive debt, ongoing social engineering, unlimited welfare, never ending wars.

What's not to like?

Perhaps if those of us in the middle regain the hammer we could effectively deal with some of our ills.

Last edited:
I would love to have a third party, but the two other parties have it rigged to where a third party could not gain any political clout..

I'm all for a good party and it seems clear the extremists among us have waaay too much sway these days. As such I suggest we start a new party. Certainly the Repub centrists could use some separation from the more strident RW and I'm betting plenty of Dems would gladly disengage from the loony lefties.
Just for shits and giggles we could call it the "RINO" Party but Im open to suggestion. :D

Barring some fundamental changes to our election laws, we're pretty much stuck with the two-party system. But I think that the alignment of the existing parties can definitely change, or even that one or both of them could be replaced. It seems to me that corporatists and authoritarians from both parties are recognizing they have more in common with each other than with the libertarians in their midst. Likewise, people concerned with civil liberties and sane foreign policy are recognizing that the old guard, of either party, isn't going to budge.

Last edited:
There are only about thirty of them out there, you should find one to your liking.

There are 2 main parties and a bunch of fringies. I'm talking about a centrist party that marginalizes the fringies who now define the GOP.
A centrist party would be a constitutional party. The Republican Party is somewhat left of center, and the Democratic Party is lost out in left field.

The Constitution is a centrist document, a sharp shift to the left of the right-leaning constitution we had the previous twelve years, and I for one see plenty of legitimacy in some of the existing parties. Research and take up the cause of one of them. Democratic, Communistic, and other leftist parties, of course, may be overlooked.

There are 2 main parties and a bunch of fringies. I'm talking about a centrist party that marginalizes the fringies who now define the GOP.
A centrist party would be a constitutional party. The Republican Party is somewhat left of center, and the Democratic Party is lost out in left field.

The Constitution is a centrist document, a sharp shift to the left of the right-leaning constitution we had the previous twelve years, and I for one see plenty of legitimacy in some of the existing parties. Research and take up the cause of one of them. Democratic, Communistic, and other leftist parties, of course, may be overlooked.

"Centrist" doesn't mean anything.

Well then this whole thread is meaningless.

Why do you say that? I'm in agreement that we need some significant political realignment. I just don't think 'centrist' is a useful term. Everyone from corporatist authoritarians to constitutionalist libertarians can claim to be 'centrists', according the old 'left/right' mapping at least. Many of the problems we're talking about are a direct result of the failure of that mapping to address our ideological differences.

Last edited:

Why do you say that? I'm in agreement that we need some significant political realignment. I just don't think 'centrist' is a useful term. Everyone from corporatist authoritarians to constitutionalist libertarians can claim to be 'centrists', according the old 'left/right' mapping at least. Many of the problems we're talking about are a direct result of the failure of that mapping to address our ideological differences.

Maybe we shouldn't get hung up on semantics. Unless conservative centrists find the will to separate ourselves from the rabid racists among us we are relegated to the crumbs from the table of the Dems. Are we OK with that?

I like that you are sick of the profit driven politicians.

But the answer isn't in a party, it's in YOU!

We The People need to stop listening to party platforms and need to have Single Topic/Single Opinion.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean...oin-the-anti-party-movement-end-the-bias.html

I would love to have a third party, but the two other parties have it rigged to where a third party could not gain any political clout..

I'll disagree with that.

$$$$$ has determined who has "clout"

It use to be the best person for the job got the most exposure in the news. Today, the news is paying politicians in hopes that the politicians pay them MORE back.

3 of Obama's biggest donors were ABC, CBS and NBC. Fact.

I'm curious why the best man for the job has to have the most $$. I would think that if someone stood on a tree stump and had the best attitude towards politics the people would follow and then the media.

Last edited:

Maybe we shouldn't get hung up on semantics. Unless conservative centrists find the will to separate ourselves from the rabid racists among us we are relegated to the crumbs from the table of the Dems. Are we OK with that?

I have no use for racists, but 'centrist' implies a middle ground between political values that are fundamentally incompatible. In many ways, it results in the worst of both worlds, not practical compromise.

I have no use for racists, but 'centrist' implies a middle ground between political values that are fundamentally incompatible. In many ways, it results in the worst of both worlds, not practical compromise.

Yeah, you're right.
There's no room in the GOP for rational, thoughtful conservatives. Unless I'm willing to ignore reality I'm doomed to vote with RW ideologues and our racist entourage for whom there is precious little hope of victory, thus rendering the US a one party (Dem) nation. Does that seem like a rational plan to you? :bang3:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back