Time for Congress to give up their paychecks to those who are locked out

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
The shut down is getting longer and Democrats are refusing to compromise. The shut down wouldn't be so wrong if it was short and the workers could make up that time and money.

All Representatives and their office staff are getting paid for nothing. On both sides. Just saw a Congressman at the beach with I dearly hope was his daughter. Putting her sun tan lotion on her bikini clad body.

You know, Pelosi has now $100 million. Time for her to lose some paychecks.

Trump should make the EO that NO CNGRESSIONAL WORKERS WILL. BE PAID DURING THE SHUTDON. Let's see if that brings someone to the table to compromise.

And let's make it another rule. All congressional staffers have to show up for a quorum in each house.

This is not a D or R proposal. It is one that may pay off.

The shut down is getting longer and Democrats are refusing to compromise. The shut down wouldn't be so wrong if it was short and the workers could make up that time and money.

All Representatives and their office staff are getting paid for nothing. On both sides. Just saw a Congressman at the beach with I dearly hope was his daughter. Putting her sun tan lotion on her bikini clad body.

Trump should make the EO that NO CNGRESSIONAL WORKERS WILL. BE PAID DURING THE SHUTDON. Let's see if that brings someone to the table to compromise.

And let's make it another rule. All congressional staffers have to show up for a quorum in each house.

It is also unConstitutional under the 27th Amendment.

Well, that is a bummer. Shit. Here I solved the nation's problems and you tell me it is unconstitutional....

To make things worse, I just read the post by Flamod. I suppose I'm going to be warned because the thread is not only about the shut down, its unconstitutional...

I'm sorry. :(

Sounds good to me

Well, wait a minute. What part is unconstitutional...no pay but show up and give $$$ to workers that are shutdown? Can the president order them to come back and work on the problem?

Okay, let's try this... Everyone in America send an email to to their senators and representatives telling them they will not vote for an absent representative and they had better high tail it back from the beach to DC.

Well, wait a minute. What part is unconstitutional...no pay but show up and give $$$ to workers that are shutdown? Can the president order them to come back and work on the problem?

You cannot reduce the pay of any member of Congress by passing a law to take effect until after a new Congress has been elected. The same for pay raises.

What needs to be said for folks to understand the House has submitted bills to fund the government?

A simple yes or no for any of you:
Say we go back to 2009 and 2010 and IF the GOP controlled the House, would you have been for the use of a shutdown to get the Affordable Care Act through? Or put another way, would you have been for the use of a shutdown to stop Obamacare?

My answer would have been No back then as it is a No right now. The only legitimate use of a government shutdown (as I see it) is for issues regarding the federal deficit.

Last edited:
Trump should just tell you guys that Mexico will pay them.

You guys will believe him and we won’t have any more unconstitutional threads.

What needs to be said for folks to understand the House has submitted bills to fund the government?

Say we go back to 2009 and 2010 and IF the GOP controlled the House, would you have been for the use of a shutdown to get the Affordable Care Act through? Or put another way, would you have been for the use of a shutdown to stop Obamacare?

My answer would have been No back then as it is a No right now. The only legitimate use of a government shutdown (as I see it) is for issues regarding the federal deficit.
How long have we talked about securing our southern border wilh a wall? Decades. Think about the cost then as now.
Think about having immigrants that deserve the right to come into our country and assimilating as it was decades ago?

Think of how many immigrants are gang members, how much of the drug problem would have not existed if we weren't letting people run through?
I vote for a wall any way we can finally get it.

How long have we talked about securing our southern border wilh a wall? Decades. Think about the cost then as now.
Think about having immigrants that deserve the right to come into our country and assimilating as it was decades ago?

Think of how many immigrants are gang members, how much of the drug problem would have not existed if we weren't letting people run through?
I vote for a wall any way we can finally get it.

A wall doesn't matter to me one way or other as I don't believe it'll have as near the affect as Trump is claiming. There's numerous ways to circumvent a wall to get drugs into the country. Some talk of tunnels but I'd be suspicious of a cheaper method: catapults. So part of me wants a wall just to put that notion to its test. The way I see it our streets would paved with gold if even a fifth of campaign promises that are carried through successfully resulted in their perceived benefits.

To all of those in Congress who believe in wealth redistribution redistribute some of your wealth to the government workers who are now going without a paycheck because you won't get off you asses and do your job. How many would truly be willing to put their money where there mouth is?

Forum List

Back