Time to Eliminate Military Personal Firearm Ban

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
Never understood why one of the first orders of business in 1993 incoming Clinton Administration was to ban personal firearms of are Armed Forces. Why? What was so compelling/catalyst to take a firearm away from a soldier?

The next question becomes, how's that working out for us now? in particular, Ft. Hood, TX? It's time to eliminate the ban and arm our Armed Forces.

High stress and high testosterone.

Why not throw some firearms into the mix.

Never understood why one of the first orders of business in 1993 incoming Clinton Administration was to ban personal firearms of are Armed Forces.

Nope. That is false. The right wing rags are pissing in your mouth.

The regulation change came from the Dept. of the Army, not Clinton, and it came out of a DoD directive that was issued in February 1992, during Bush's Administration. And it only affected the Army.

Last edited:
Because liberalism is dumb as shit. Why were my fellow Marines not armed in Beirut? Because we had another miserable excuse for a president then. What next - do we disarm the police? I'm sure the liberal retards think that is a good idea :badgrin:

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a272176.pdf

That's the February 1992 directive.

It had nothing to do with Clinton.

It is DoD Policy:
1. To limit and control the carrying of firearms by DoD
military and civilian personnel. The authorization to carry
firearms shall be issued only to qualified personnel when there
is a reasonable expectation that life or DoD assets will be
jeopardized if firearms are not carried. Evaluation of the
necessity to carry a firearm shall be made considering this
expectation weighed apainst the possible consequences of
accidental or indiscriminate use of firearms. DoD personnel
regularly engaged in law enforcement or security duties shall be
armed. Procedures on authorization to carry and the carrying of
firearms are in enclosure 1.

Last edited:
Never understood why one of the first orders of business in 1993 incoming Clinton Administration was to ban personal firearms of are Armed Forces.

The regulation change came from the Dept. of the Army, not Clinton, and it came out of a DoD directive that was issued in February 1992, during Bush's Administration. And it only affected the Army.

A ban is a ban. If I stand corrected on the dates passed, so be it. It is a ban that needs to be rescinded. A Commander in Chief can do that in one order.

High stress and high testosterone.

Why not throw some firearms into the mix.

Yeah.....just let the guns stay with the jacked up psychos and lawless thugs. Makes for a much better society, huh?

A ban is a ban. If I stand corrected on the dates passed, so be it. It is a ban that needs to be rescinded. A Commander in Chief can do that in one order.

You undermined your integrity by parroting manufactured bullshit.

As for the ban, it was not implemented by an Executive Order.

Now think carefully: Are you actually demanding Obama override a Department of Defense directive? Why do you not want the Army to decide what would be best?

Last edited:

Obama, the 2nd Amendment hater, won't go there.

You undermined your integrity by parroting manufactured bullshit.

As for the ban, it was not implemented by an Executive Order.

Now think carefully: Are you actually demanding Obama override a Department of Defense directive? Why do you not want the Army to decide what would be best?

I want the ban rescinded; be it from a CIC Order, DoD Directive. You and I can debate the roots of the ban from the early 90s but it won't change the fact that we have gun violence occurring on military bases. The ban clearly has introduced a vulnerability.

Forum List

Back