Time to form a moderate party

The world has charged since 1791. ;) The bill of rights works pretty well but to compete within this age I wish we'd have a 28th amendment giving the federal government the power to push science grants and general energy policy.

This power would balance the current testacie to do so with checks.
The nation is continuing on the very destructive path of polarization. There are over a thousand known hate groups operating across the country, including neo-Nazis, Klansmen, white nationalists, neo-Confederates, racist skinheads, black separatists, border vigilantes, etc..... The number has more than doubled since 2000.

The solution to our problems is not moving father to the left and right but toward the center. Many people think 'compromise' is a dirty word yet this nation would have never existed if the founders had not been willing to compromise.

If it doubled since 2000 what is the number now 633 of them? Illinois Nazis? I hate Illinois Nazis ~ Jake Elwood
I Hate Illinois Nazis - YouTube
According to the Southern Poverty Law Center there are 1007 in the US. Chances are there's one near you, if not, there"ll be one soon.

Hate Map | Southern Poverty Law Center

Last edited:
How about this for the 28th amendment

"Congress shall grant monies for the general advancement of the United states". The articles could range from given the federal government the power to fund infrastructure to science.

This would of course have to be written clear for the federal government to be "checked". I feel to compete with the rest of the first world we must do this but also to make sure it is checked.

Limit it to 5% of the gdp of the economy.

Last edited:
The nation is continuing on the very destructive path of polarization. There are over a thousand known hate groups operating across the country, including neo-Nazis, Klansmen, white nationalists, neo-Confederates, racist skinheads, black separatists, border vigilantes, etc..... The number has more than doubled since 2000.

The solution to our problems is not moving father to the left and right but toward the center. Many people think 'compromise' is a dirty word yet this nation would have never existed if the founders had not been willing to compromise.

If it doubled since 2000 what is the number now 633 of them? Illinois Nazis? I hate Illinois Nazis ~ Jake Elwood
I Hate Illinois Nazis - YouTube
According to the Southern Poverty Law Center there are 1007 in the US. Chances are there's one near you, if not, there"ll be one soon.

Hate Map | Southern Poverty Law Center

1007? thats what I thought and you want to say this is a problem?

"Congress shall grant monies for the general advancement of the United states". The articles could range from given the federal government the power to fund infrastructure to science.

This would of course have to be written clear for the federal government to be "checked". I feel to compete with the rest of the first world we must do this but also to make sure it is checked.

:How about a 28th amendment that limits the house and senate to 6 years. Then pigs like Harry and Nancy have to live with thier own rules and couldnt get rich off the system...

What a terrible idea. It's so vague that any political pay off can be categorized as supporting the "general advancement".

29th amendment could be

"The budget of the united states can't be more then 20% of the gdp, unless in times of war".

Another terrible idea. Wasteful spending can still be approved as "off budget".

Or they can just go the No Budget At All for years and years route.

What a terrible idea. It's so vague that any political pay off can be categorized as supporting the "general advancement".

How would you allow America to compete with China, South Korea, Japan and Europe?

So you were for the constitution before you was against it. flip, flop, flip, flop, flip, flop, filp, .....................

Haven't figured out you can't be for the tenth amendment without being for the limitations of the enumerated powers?

The world has charged since 1791. ;) The bill of rights works pretty well but to compete within this age I wish we'd have a 28th amendment giving the federal government the power to push science grants and general energy policy.

This power would balance the current testacie to do so with checks.

LOL

You need to go back to school. The Federal Government can already do these things. The Congress can pass laws and approve budgets to give science grants and the same on energy. The EPA is already imposing rules by proxy, and has pushed rulings WITHOUT CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL on energy areas.

Our Government already has enough power, and you state it has to much aka 10th and then turn around and want to give them more.

Are you confused or off your meds.................

The TEA Party is also WRONGLY LABELED in your OP. They want fiscal responsibility, limited government, and a return to the constitution. Yet you CALL THIS RADICAL OR LOONY.

Perhaps the problem is all in your head.

The federal government is already doing this without any stinking amendment.
Now if you are talking about bringing the government back into the intended limits that are outlined by the constitution. Then if the limits need to be expanded, do it by constitutional amendment. I'm with you.

Last edited:

The federal government is already doing this without any stinking amendment.
Now if you are talking about bringing the government back into the intended limits that are outlined by the constitution. Then if the limits need to be expanded, do it by constitutional amendment. I'm with you.

Bringing them back within the limits but expanding a few area's to allow for the 21st century.

"Expanding a few areas to allow for the 21st century." WTF does that mean?

Perhaps Mathew can explain the details on his great Scientific Plan. While he is at it he can explain the dollar data on 5% of the GDP as well.

The average Federal Revenue since WWII is 18.1%. We are now spending at 25% of the GDP, with tax revenues around 17%. This has happened historically regardless of the rates with revenues ranging from 16% to 21%. But mostly in the 18% range.

These figures on revenue and spending DO NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT the 450 BILLION a year on payments for the interest on the debt, which continues to go up.

We are going to be above 20 TRILLION IN DEBT before Obama leaves office. How the hell are we going to pay this down or even get to a balanced budget??????????

The Federal government would have to CUT A TRILLION A YEAR to stop this and generate more revenue at the same time to get us on track.

They don't want to cut Jack Squat. So we are F.................d.................

Balanced budget amendment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A balanced-budget amendment is a constitutional rule requiring that the state cannot spend more than its income. It requires a balance between the projected receipts and expenditures of the government.
Balanced-budget provisions have been added to the constitutions of most U.S. states, the Basic Law of Germany, the Hong Kong Basic Law, Spain, Italy and the Swiss Constitution. It is often proposed that a balanced-budget rule be added to the national United States Constitution. Most balanced-budget provisions make an exception for times of war, national emergency, or recession, or allow the legislature to suspend the rule by a supermajority vote.

aka.... We the People of the United States Demand a Fiscally responsible Government. That we demand that you no longer spend more you take in. You are hear by ordered to make the cuts by all and any necessary means to STOP THE ECONOMIC DEMISE OF OUR COUNTRY.

Fine, let's have a fiscally sane government. Start by a 90% income tax on all income over 1 million dollars not reinvested in businesses in the USA. Then, realizing that nations like South Korea are eating our lunch by turning out more engineers than we do, figure out a way of educatiing our population without breaking the budget of the government and the student.

How would you allow America to compete with China, South Korea, Japan and Europe?

How about telling the Government to get out of the businesses way and let them compete without being told what the hell to do. And stop punishing them for being successful.

They are the ones to compete not THE GOVERNMENT. You state the Fed needs to put their noses in it to push advancement. Yet every thing they get their hands on turns to chit.

How about they do their basic job and STFU.

I don't believe this is the time for moderates. I realize it's polarized, but when staring evil in the face it behooves one to stand his ground if not on just principle alone.

The inability to compromise needs to run it's due course which will ultimately end up with bloodshed like usually does.

Last edited:
Fine, let's have a fiscally sane government. Start by a 90% income tax on all income over 1 million dollars not reinvested in businesses in the USA. Then, realizing that nations like South Korea are eating our lunch by turning out more engineers than we do, figure out a way of educatiing our population without breaking the budget of the government and the student.

You might want to look up the meaning of a bill of attainder.

Congress already has this power and they could interpret every bill they pass as for the general advancement of the United states.

Forum List

Back