TNHarleys solution to the school shooting problem

Oh, and TNHarley....

I will not be armed. I am a teacher, not a guard. From people who whine about teachers getting paid too much, not working enough, being disrespected as “babysitters” and “liberal indoctrination,” we get a proposal adding more burden to our shoulders?

To hell with that.
A shooter walks into your classroom after gunning other classrooms. You know he's coming. Do you want a gun or not? It really is that basic and simple.

You guys are hilarious. We’re not supposed to use the fear of mass shootings to discuss gun control, but you’ll use it to try to bully me into agreeing to be armed.
Not bullying you at all. It's a common sense question. My answer is HELL YEAH GIMME A GUN. I want the chance to protect myself and my students.

Again.

It’s not my job.

And yes, you’re using a mass shooting to further your agenda. I’ve heard from several conservatives on here that that’s BAD.

It's your choice.
Die in a hail of gunfire....or not.

Maybe if Public Schools had CHOICE to keep or get rid of students instead of taking them back again and again and again regardless of what they do to other students, to teachers...regardless if they are emotionally disturbed, have behavioral disorders, etc.
They had a choice and they expelled him.

Maybe if Public Schools had CHOICE to keep or get rid of students instead of taking them back again and again and again regardless of what they do to other students, to teachers...regardless if they are emotionally disturbed, have behavioral disorders, etc.

The Florida shooter was not a student at the school.

He was a former student.
Yet the school chose to let him in and he subsequently shot up the place. It was karma that the fool that let him in was the first to get wasted. Darwin Award Winner, him.

Oh, and TNHarley....

I will not be armed. I am a teacher, not a guard. From people who whine about teachers getting paid too much, not working enough, being disrespected as “babysitters” and “liberal indoctrination,” we get a proposal adding more burden to our shoulders?

To hell with that.
I wonder how many teachers actually thought that way that were unfortunately shot in a gun free school, and as their life ebbed form then, did they change their minds?

I guess the world will never know.

Pay me more and we’ll talk. Respect my job more and we’ll talk. Prioritize education with actual funds so that I don’t buy supplies for the classroom, and we’ll talk.

None of that matters if you're dead.

Since I’ll die someday, none of it matters, I guess.

Oh, and TNHarley....

To hell with that.
I wonder how many teachers actually thought that way that were unfortunately shot in a gun free school, and as their life ebbed form then, did they change their minds?

Pay me more and we’ll talk. Respect my job more and we’ll talk. Prioritize education with actual funds so that I don’t buy supplies for the classroom, and we’ll talk.

So you dont care if you die?
Not sure I'd want you teaching my children.

Oh, and TNHarley....

To hell with that.

I was taking your point to reductio ad absurdum.

Your absurd alright.

1. Actual security in schools. Armed guards and or trained and armed teachers.
2. Raise age to buy guns, enlist in military and vote to 21. Raising the age to buy guns sounds like a good idea. If we were to do that, being able to enlist our vote doesnt make much sense IMO.
3. Expand background checks to get OKd by local police. If it passes the fed check and the local police reject it, they should explain why, with evidence. There should also be a reasonable time limit on their part. Maybe 2 days?
4. This is the most important part. Sadly, its also the part that is least likely to happen. WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING. be a father. Be a mother. Parents need some damn responsibility and take care of and pay attention to their kids. Dont let medicine raise your kids, you straighten their ass out. Quit being a coward. Just because a child doesnt pay attention to everything, doesnt mean they need medicine. They need you. Obviously that isnt always the case but lets be real, ok?
I dont want to discuss you bedwetters wanting to take our guns. We didnt do anything wrong.
These are reasonable solutions, lets discuss these.
Do you like them? Want to tweak one? Have a REASONABLE one of your own?
Lets hear it.
Number 3 isn't a good one, because if you get a speeding ticket can the locals then prevent you from ownership? If you want to join the military at 18 that is okay for then you have the knowledge and understanding and RESPECT of the weapon, thus enabling you to be a credit to society, not a hole like many on welfare.
Would you trust the guy on the left with a weapon or the guy on the right?

View attachment 178298
Thats really grasping for air man..

Your absurd alright.
*You’re

Not sure I want you teaching your children.

2. Raise age to buy guns, enlist in military and vote to 21. Raising the age to buy guns sounds like a good idea. If we were to do that, being able to enlist our vote doesnt make much sense IMO.
3. Expand background checks to get OKd by local police. If it passes the fed check and the local police reject it, they should explain why, with evidence. There should also be a reasonable time limit on their part. Maybe 2 days?
4. This is the most important part. Sadly, its also the part that is least likely to happen. WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING. be a father. Be a mother. Parents need some damn responsibility and take care of and pay attention to their kids. Dont let medicine raise your kids, you straighten their ass out. Quit being a coward. Just because a child doesnt pay attention to everything, doesnt mean they need medicine. They need you. Obviously that isnt always the case but lets be real, ok?
I dont want to discuss you bedwetters wanting to take our guns. We didnt do anything wrong.
Lets hear it.

#3 will be abused by governments that don't want it's citizens armed.

It's a no-go.
What if the local police that reject it have to show why to a federal judge?
Personally, i dont see this as any infringement, and it could stop people like cruz shooting up a bunch of kids.

Your absurd alright.
*You’re

Not sure I want you teaching your children.

Meh...I know how it's spelled.

Number 2 sticks out the worst to me. You are simply punishing one group of adults to avoid punishing another. I see no reason to stop highschool grads from joining the military. In fact that choice is the only path out of poverty & crime that many kids have. Your solution would leave them in limbo for 3 years.
Valid

Lets hear it.

Naw man, you got too much bureaucracy going on there.

1) Raise age to 21 unless in military/police, (then it's 18, voting stays same). Only changes there.

2) Provide teachers gun/ammo/training allowance. (should they so choose)

3) Bring back State Mental Hospitals
My main concern with the voting was people not being able to appreciate our rights can vote them away.

The school area needs to be secure from entry. Armed guards alone aren't enough. They have to react to an active shooter to be effective. Stop the shooter from getting inside to begin with.

Use electronic ID badges as the first gate, then pass into an enclosed metal detection area. This area is under guard and that guard allows final access into the school. This guard is behind bullet proof glass with gun ports.
Are you going to do that at every exit?

Lets hear it.

#3 will be abused by governments that don't want it's citizens armed.

It's a no-go.
What if the local police that reject it have to show why to a federal judge?
Personally, i dont see this as any infringement, and it could stop people like cruz shooting up a bunch of kids.
He would just get it somewhere else. The crazies can't all be screened and locked up or prevented from buying a gun. Ban "assault" weapons and they'll just switch to several automatic pistols. Crazy control and "Bad Gun" Control is a reducing factor only. Layered school security is the only workable real time solution with a very high fail safe factor.

Oh, and TNHarley....

I will not be armed. I am a teacher, not a guard. From people who whine about teachers getting paid too much, not working enough, being disrespected as “babysitters” and “liberal indoctrinators,” we get a proposal adding more burden to our shoulders?

To hell with that.
I certainly dont see why that would be forced upon you.

Lets hear it.
all these people screaming 'we have to do something' with no solution ideas. just blame a gun. wow!!!!!
I know. Its prek type critical thinking. Literally puttung the blame on an inanimate object.. lol

Forum List

Back