To remove Biden, it's either 25th Amendment or a brokered convention.

You have RFK who makes for a decent candidate over Harris.

But otherwise it's a shit show. Jill Biden is not president even though she is doing all of Joe's campaigning for him.

So....the Democrats have to give up the white house for an election cycle. Not the end of the world despite their feelings to the contrary. Sure, the SCOTUS is going to remain conservative. But the DOJ being weaponized against republican loyalists caused it and now that the EPA and other agencies have been arrested in gross overreaching regulations....
Things have a chance at becoming sane once again.
(No more unwanted electric cars being shoved down the consumer's throats)

It's a losing proposition for the Democrats who have no good choices. Can they generate enough hype for a candidate before November? I seriously doubt it considering that they have no clear plans.

Ummm... read the Constitution, specifically Amendment XII, dumbass.

Interesting, you call someone a dumbass, reference the Constitution, but appear not to understand what it's saying.

Assuming you mean: "The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves;..."

That does not bar two candidates from the same state running for President. It bars EC Electors from voting for candidates for President and VP from the same state as they are from. Two very different things.

The candidates can still run, the candidates can still be elected. What it means is that the EC Electors can not vote for BOTH. One of the two will have to forgo those votes counting for them.

Does that make them unelectable based on EC count? For a case like California with it's 54 EC votes? Probably. For a state like Wyoming with 3 EC votes? Probably not.

Assuming that the President in such a case would take the votes, that could leave the VP shy of enough EC votes to outright win. Then that dynamic goes to the Senate to vote on the VP winner with the Senate being limited to the top TWO VP candidates with the highest numbers on the list. Meaning that the VP candidate who couldn't have the EC vote for them is back in play. That then becomes a vote that is unpredictable at the present time without knowing the party in control of the Senate and the party of the VP candidate. You could end up with the President being from one party and the VP being from the other.

WW

Biden has 99% of the delegates and he isn't releasing them.
Even if he did, the new candidate wouldnt have any campaign money. All the money that Biden has raised cannot be used by a different candidate. They would be starting from scratch, just a couple months away from the election.

Joe will NEVER step down though, so its a moot point.

Even if he did, the new candidate wouldnt have any campaign money. All the money that Biden has raised cannot be used by a different candidate. They would be starting from scratch, just a couple months away from the election.

The majority of the money goes to the party and not the candidate because of campaign finance reform. Then there's private equity firms money or PACs. Joe gets no say in how that money is spent.

So....

But in reality Joe hasn't raised enough money to beat Trump. Those little $5 contributions mean just one vote...and Joe isn't getting those "hard money" contributions like Trump has been getting.

Not quiet sure about that would have to check.

While true that there are limits on making a donation from one campaign to another. I seem to remember that a candidate that drops out can transfer an unlimited amount to the party.

Do the Biden campaign could transfer the funds to the DNC and the DNC could then spend the funds to support the replacement.

WW

Either Biden must do this himself or he must be incapacitated beyond what he is now--like death or completely disabled.

He was very close to the latter on debate night, but he can still read a teleprompter (for now) so it looks like he's not incapacitated.

No one, but no one, but no one deserves this more than the Democrats.
Did you see how he could barely hobble off the stage, requiring Jill to guide him?

You have RFK who makes for a decent candidate over Harris.

But otherwise it's a shit show. Jill Biden is not president even though she is doing all of Joe's campaigning for him.

So....the Democrats have to give up the white house for an election cycle. Not the end of the world despite their feelings to the contrary. Sure, the SCOTUS is going to remain conservative. But the DOJ being weaponized against republican loyalists caused it and now that the EPA and other agencies have been arrested in gross overreaching regulations....
Things have a chance at becoming sane once again.
(No more unwanted electric cars being shoved down the consumer's throats)

It's a losing proposition for the Democrats who have no good choices. Can they generate enough hype for a candidate before November? I seriously doubt it considering that they have no clear plans.

I don't know if they're humble enough to accept that. They've been figuratively drunk on their own power for so long....

What they're seeing is a shift that could last generations. As others have said they've become the party of white elites and that's it for the most part. I doubt this would happen, but if there are any intelligent people left in that party they will step back, realize as you said they have to suck this up, and figure out how they're going to attempt to quell the tide.

I don't think they can, or will. They are who they are.

If Biden steps down or can't continue, then per the 25th Amendment Kamala becomes President and runs for President in November. If they go brokered convention, then Biden has to release his delegates and then the delegates can vote for whoever they want. Those are the only two options the Democrats have, do you agree?

Well he looked like a moron living in his basement all through the entire first campaign and still somehow managed to get to the White House. Like I said Democrats don't enter something unless they already know what the results are going to be. I suppose this could be an exception to the rule but I doubt it.

The 25th amendment has nothing to do with party politics. For example, if the VP becomes the President, they may decide to run or not for election to a full four year term.
We live in a multicultural diverse sensitive gender choosing anything traditional hating nation. It's like a minefield to get all of the people to check all of the boxes. Joe was low level when he started in politics. He diminished from there. We live in a near total spin and lie nation now. Here is one rule if you vote Progressive. The leadership must live the same as the peasants. After all, that is what they are pushing. They do not. And many sell out. They are fighting the battles like 2nd and 3rd world nations but do not fight and die as they let others do.

So I guess that’s a wrap on the CHEAP FAKE nonsense the media tried selling last week, huh?

Was the debate one long CHEAP FAKE?

If Biden steps down or can't continue, then per the 25th Amendment Kamala becomes President and runs for President in November. If they go brokered convention, then Biden has to release his delegates and then the delegates can vote for whoever they want. Those are the only two options the Democrats have, do you agree?

Why would she be the candidate? Not saying she wouldn’t be but I don’t think she’d have to be just because she was the current President and eligible to run.

No, there is a third option.

Vote Trump and he'll be gone in January.

I don't know if they're humble enough to accept that. They've been figuratively drunk on their own power for so long....

What they're seeing is a shift that could last generations. As others have said they've become the party of white elites and that's it for the most part. I doubt this would happen, but if there are any intelligent people left in that party they will step back, realize as you said they have to suck this up, and figure out how they're going to attempt to quell the tide.

I don't think they can, or will. They are who they are.
Anyone who could have been "one of the people" has been arrested and convicted of gross malfeasance. Makes a person wonder what Kamala has hidden in her closets. From the justice dept in GA to NY prosecutor's over reach....it's been bad.

Then you have the military man in a skirt....it's literally been a clown show from the start.

Where are the "normal" people?
The ones who just want to do a job and call it a day.

Anyone who could have been "one of the people" has been arrested and convicted of gross malfeasance. Makes a person wonder what Kamala has hidden in her closets. From the justice dept in GA to NY prosecutor's over reach....it's been bad.

Then you have the military man in a skirt....it's literally been a clown show from the start.

Where are the "normal" people?
The ones who just want to do a job and call it a day.

Clearly, they're all leaving the Democrats.

Forum List

Back