To Remove Lead Water Pipes, First You Must Find Them

There certainly isn't an justification for spending 111 billion on it.

It could be a ruse to enable Biden to throw a lot of money at a non-existing problem, and then spend the money on one of the real problems.

As a Canadian, and speaking from a position that works for social spending, I would suggest Biden get all the money he can get, real causes or not, and then spend it as quickly as he can.

The American people are desperate for a way out of the poverty that's been forced on them by the very wealthy and they've already risen up against government on Jan. 6th. Albeit in a mostly comical way as revolution standards go. There will be a next time if Biden or Trump doesn't fix things soon.
Government welfare programs are not a way out of poverty. I'm not surprised that you support Biden fleecing the taxpayers. That is the whole reason for the existence of the Democrat party.

It's off topic. Take it to another thread. You are in no position to decide what is rational and what is not.

O.k. then if you insist I'll stay on the lead pipes thing.
May I comment on the lack of understanding, being self-destructive to America and Americans?
I think that's the only really useful purpose of the debate. Thus, I have related your issue to other similar issues in which America is choosing self-destruction over Biden's attempts at the 'really big' fix.

Bridges, potholes, health care, infrastructure in general, lead water pipes, poverty of the working class, etc., etc., etc.

Can we not combine them all into being that which has dropped America down to 15th. on quality of life? I mean hon, little children starting to twitch and turn green after drinking water laced with lead, is hardly American, is it?

It's off topic. Take it to another thread. You are in no position to decide what is rational and what is not.

May I comment on the lack of understanding, being self-destructive to America and Americans?
I think that's the only really useful purpose of the debate. Thus, I have related your issue to other similar issues in which America is choosing self-destruction over Biden's attempts at the 'really big' fix.

Bridges, potholes, health care, infrastructure in general, lead water pipes, poverty of the working class, etc., etc., etc.

Can we not combine them all into being that which has dropped America down to 15th. on quality of life? I mean hon, little children starting to twitch and turn green after drinking water laced with lead, is hardly American, is it?
Try again, sweetie. You can stick to the water pipes. Staying on topic isn't rocket science and even Canadiens can wrap their little brains around it. Thanks for Toro but outside of that you haven't been able to provide anyone with much else.

Who determined this rating of America's "quality of life?"

American conservatives are better suite to a life in India. Where a Caste system exists of a wealthy person living in a mansion across the street from a garbage dump, where hundreds of people pick through every day to survive.

Conservative Utopia.
Do you have anything to say about the actual topic, sweetie?

Safe drinking water for everyone in America is an important goal, and Joe Biden’s American Jobs Plan makes a $111 billion investment toward that. While the majority of the funding goes to modernizing water treatment and delivery systems and remediating potentially harmful chemicals like PFAS, what’s gotten the most attention is a $45 billion initiative to “replace 100 percent of the nation’s lead pipes and service lines.”

If we could manage to do this, it would make a huge difference. Lead exposure has been credibly linked to stunted child development, kidney disease, auditory problems, brain damage, behavioral challenges, and more provocatively, crime. We eliminated leaded gasoline and paint in the 1970s and yet it still lingers as a persistent problem. And part of that comes through water tainted as it flows through lead pipes.

But if you want to replace all the lead water pipes in America, the first thing you have to do is find all the lead water pipes in America.

This sounds like it has the makings of a chaotic nightmare. I don't have a problem with it as long as homeowners are not having to come up with money to replace them.
in all my 45 yrs of working on old houses I have never seen a single lead water pipe,, they are used fro drain pipes but not water pipes because they cant handle the pressure,,

The entire issue in Flint Michigan with their water pipes was due to lead in the water system, so it's a fallacy to say this isn't a problem in the USA.

Safe drinking water for everyone in America is an important goal, and Joe Biden’s American Jobs Plan makes a $111 billion investment toward that. While the majority of the funding goes to modernizing water treatment and delivery systems and remediating potentially harmful chemicals like PFAS, what’s gotten the most attention is a $45 billion initiative to “replace 100 percent of the nation’s lead pipes and service lines.”

If we could manage to do this, it would make a huge difference. Lead exposure has been credibly linked to stunted child development, kidney disease, auditory problems, brain damage, behavioral challenges, and more provocatively, crime. We eliminated leaded gasoline and paint in the 1970s and yet it still lingers as a persistent problem. And part of that comes through water tainted as it flows through lead pipes.

But if you want to replace all the lead water pipes in America, the first thing you have to do is find all the lead water pipes in America.

This sounds like it has the makings of a chaotic nightmare. I don't have a problem with it as long as homeowners are not having to come up with money to replace them.
in all my 45 yrs of working on old houses I have never seen a single lead water pipe,, they are used fro drain pipes but not water pipes because they cant handle the pressure,,

The entire issue in Flint Michigan with their water pipes was due to lead in the water system, so it's a fallacy to say this isn't a problem in the USA.
He addressed the issue in subsequent posts.

This is an easy fix. Houses in urban areas are fed from the street, usually from a metering box with 100 feet of the house. The feeds can be retrofitted with PEX. This can be done by giving contracts to local plumbers, creating jobs for them, as well as the suppliers, as well as the manufacturers of the pipe and fittings. Homeowners get an upgrade to their houses, increasing their value, fixing the toxic water problem at the same time.

This problem has been way over thought.

The Trump humpers don't like it because it actually gets something done for real Americans. When that happens they can't win. They're now finding out the hard way this isn't 2010, and they're not dealing with Obama. Everything is different now, and the same bull shit they have been selling for years, isn't selling anymore. They can't put a welfare queen angle on it, and it's driving them batshit crazy.

Joe Biden is playing them like a fiddle, while Donald Trump is steadily fucking them in the ass from Mar A Lago.

The entertainment value of watching the righties implode in on themselves is epic.

This is an easy fix. Houses in urban areas are fed from the street, usually from a metering box with 100 feet of the house. The feeds can be retrofitted with PEX. This can be done by giving contracts to local plumbers, creating jobs for them, as well as the suppliers, as well as the manufacturers of the pipe and fittings. Homeowners get an upgrade to their houses, increasing their value, fixing the toxic water problem at the same time.

The Trump humpers don't like it because it actually gets something done for real Americans. When that happens they can't win. They're now finding out the hard way this isn't 2010, and they're not dealing with Obama. Everything is different now, and the same bull shit they have been selling for years, isn't selling anymore. They can't put a welfare queen angle on it, and it's driving them batshit crazy.

Joe Biden is playing them like a fiddle, while Donald Trump is steadily fucking them in the ass from Mar A Lago.

The entertainment value of watching the righties implode in on themselves is epic.
Except that from what I understand lead pipes aren't supplying the water to the homes. So, then the question is why are we fixing a non-issue? Is that confusion on the part of the author?

Last edited:

and there we have it,, a stupid comment from another idiot that thinks they know whats going on,,

sorry dragon hag but youre wrong again,, its coming from the pipes as shown in the link I provided and the video that walks you through it,,,

your attempt to slam america again just ended up with you making an idiot of yourself again,,,

now go mind your own business,,

Simple. Replace every pipe that was installed before a certain date. When lead was no longer used in the production of pipes or in the solder connections.

Except that from what I understand lead pipes aren't supplying the water to the homes. So, then the question is why are we fixing a non-issue?
they are lead lined iron pipes according to the video,,

That's interesting. I don't know anything about the water pipes in old houses (or new ones or in general).
maybe I'm missing something,, but lead pipes would crush if you buried them and burst if you put them under the pressure water is put under,,
maybe I'm missing something,, but lead pipes would crush if you buried them and burst if you put them under the pressure water is put under,,
Not necessarily lead pipes but lead in the system such as soldered connections. There’s a lot of connections in a system. If some or all are lead, they all need to go. Certainly someone has an idea of how these systems were built and when lead was no longer used. I know lead was used to fill joints in cast iron waste pipes.

That's interesting. I don't know anything about the water pipes in old houses (or new ones or in general).
Not necessarily lead pipes but lead in the system such as soldered connections. There’s a lot of connections in a system. If some or all are lead, they all need to go. Certainly someone has an idea of how these systems were built and when lead was no longer used. I know lead was used to fill joints in cast iron waste pipes.
not according to the links I provided,, they are iron and lead pipes that are being scared by the chlorine in the water that allows the lead to breakdown and leach into the water,,,

Except that from what I understand lead pipes aren't supplying the water to the homes. So, then the question is why are we fixing a non-issue?
they are lead lined iron pipes according to the video,,
That's right. I forgot.

Most of the older cities would need near total replacement of their underground infrastructure for water and sewage. The problem is it can not be paid for. So many do it piecemeal. The water bottles have different color water in them. Is that from the so called lead? Now iron pipes have rust in it. If the water is static in the pipe for a period of time you will see water come out of the spigot in a different color. The real shame is that the leaders of a city run the city so far into the ground they can not fix their own problem. A basic problem that was fixable. And they have to go cup in hand to the state for it.

not according to the links I provided,, they are iron and lead pipes that are being scared by the chlorine in the water that allows the lead to breakdown and leach into the water,,,
Sure. I’m sure not every system is the same though or was installed in the same era. It doesn’t really matter what the system is. The lead components of any system need to be replaced.

I could be wrong but aren’t they mostly in old farm houses ( if any left in today time ) or small communities that never replaced their pipes?

Again I could be wrong and I know there was a big push in the 1970’s to update the systems across the country...

In really old houses water mains are cast iron with lead solder.

In really new houses water pipes are copper with lead solder. I think lead in water is mostly an excuse for Dem PORK. If Dems want to accomplish something for the environment they should fix their broke ass sewage systems in their cities and stop spilling hundreds of millions of gallons of raw untreated sewage into public rivers and oceans.

I could be wrong but aren’t they mostly in old farm houses ( if any left in today time ) or small communities that never replaced their pipes?

Again I could be wrong and I know there was a big push in the 1970’s to update the systems across the country...

these are city water lines not the ones going into the homes,,

Forum List

Back