To those saying flipping burgers or dunking fries deserves 15.00 per hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winner, winner ..Chicken Dinner
We always hear that when minimum wage is discussed

Yet, the market always adjusts
Our market hasn't had to adjust for a wage increase in ten years

And those are the key words: hasn't had to.
Blocked by Republicans

The taxpayer has had to step in and provide subsidies for food, housing and healthcare

But the sacred corporations get to keep their $7.25 wage scale

The only reason taxpayers "had to" is because of Democrat politicians--not minimum wage jobs.
They had to because we are the wealthiest nation in the world and want to take care of those who need help
While our employers reap the profits

Yeah? Well the wealthiest nation in the world is now 20 trillion in debt--much of that because of our social programs.

"If you pay people not to work, don't be too surprised when they don't."
Rush Limbaugh
So what. Capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment.

There is no right to work even in right to work States.

First, it is Aldi. Second they carry their own label, rather than brand names. They have smaller stores, less stock and fewer selections. Third they set boxes of goods out, rather than set them individually on the shelves. Fourth, they employee far less people and are tough task masters. One will clean toilets, mop floors and cashier all in the same shift. A certain pace is demanded. If you don’t finish within that time limit, you will soon be seeing the door.
Fifth, it was found that their fish is being packaged by NK’s in China, that are not allowed to leave the premises, nor were they getting their full pay. Their govt got most of it. Both Aldi and Walmart were getting their fish from these packaging plants in China. When approached with the facts, Walmart quit buying from them, Aldi has refused comment.

Sure, they pay more, but expect you to do the jobs of a number of employees in other food stores. There is no idle time, ever. Tell me, does their pay and benefits make it worth it? Depends on the character of the employee.
But let's say you don't think like that; anybody can do his job, so you hire a CEO for about one million a year. In the meantime, I find out about your rejection and I hire that CEO for 10 million a year, and then we take away your business and you have to close down.

Except the CEO isn't really that important. Jesus Christ, I've never met a CEO who wasn't full of himself, never met one who even knew what we did on a day to day basis.

Companies work well only if the employees are motivated and committed. The Japanese and Germans get this. Their CEO's don't make anything near what ours make, but their work forces are more unionized, and better motivated, and better educated than ours are.

But dun, der, Cleetus I don't dun der need to learn nothin' from dem der fur-hen-nurs.

Don't you find it odd that Aldis can come to America and sell their food for substantially less than the American grocery chains? And, around here, while Kroger, Ingles, and Publix are paying $8.50 an hour, Aldis is paying $12.00 an hour?

In Georgia, we have this program that is like Medicare for the children of underemployed workers. It's called Peachcare. The children of Walmart employees are the biggest group represented in this program while the children of Publix employees are the next biggest group of recipients. The overwhelming majority Aldis employees get paid too much to qualify.

So, if we don't insure that these underemployed people get a livable paycheck, they will get the balance in welfare, Peachcare, AFDC, etc., etc.

I have my own question along these lines:

A month or so ago I needed a pressure relief valve replaced on my water heater. A plumber came and looked at it when I already knew what was wrong. I asked him to tell me over the phone what it would cost to do the job, but nooo... he's got to see it.

When he tells me what I already knew, he went to his van and forty minutes later, he comes back with an estimate of $275. He charged $40 just to look at it.

I got a 70 year old handyman to help and we changed it out in under half an hour and all he wanted was $30. The part cost $16. I had to hook up the water hose to the water heater and drain it out while the handyman got a pipe wrench out of his truck. By the time I got the water hose unhooked and put away, he was finished.

So, why do we think that a skill set that takes six months to learn is worth a surgeon's wages, but balk at paying MickeyDs workers for their time?

You just proved the point against minimum wage. You had the work performed buy someone willing to accept less money.

He worked for less money, but he was paid for his services.

BTW, I don't think minimum wage is the answer. I think the answer lies in local control.

If someone came to a county and wanted a business license, I think that the county commission could say no if the business were not willing to pay their workers.

If the employer creates a job, but isn't going to pay people enough to maintain that area's standard of living, they should not be granted a business permit.

I think that county commissioners would sell out their low skilled workers for a chance at additional tax revenue
Build in our county and we will ensure low cost labor

You have a point there, but it is largely because the citizenry don't pay attention to what their county commission is doing.

County commissioners are known to condemn private property and put the mom and pop stores out of business in order to get Walmart in town. Then Walmart pays junk wages and increases the number of poor in that county. The tax commissioners only worry about taxes (they call it revenue.) The workers need to focus their efforts on county commissioners.

Walmart is a great example
You want us to pay a higher wage? We will build in the next county who is offering a sweetheart deal

Nobody cares about unskilled labor. They live in the part of town nobody goes. So what if we have to pay for food, housing and healthcare because Walmart will not?

But LOOK!
We got a large ratable

So the money they needed to purchase a franchise came out of thin air? Why am I not surprised by your lack of getting it? And you would know the owner how? Do they wear a label, with owner on it.
Why? Because they choose to not better themselves, you think others should pick up their slack when they can’t afford it, because of their lack of ambition. That employer worked his butt off to be able to afford his franchise, works his butt off to be able to keep it open, and he has no responsibility to carry the water for an employee that won’t even put in the effort to do more than flip a burger. If they want more, then they better do more.

Give it a rest, guy. I never saw a "Franchise owner' who worked his butt off. It's the burger flipping kids who do all the work. They should get a fair wage for doing it. Maybe $15.00 is too much. But something that is reasonably fair, and that's not $7.25.

Frankly, I've seen so much bad behavior by business owners in the last 25 years that I kind of have no sympathy for them when the government screws them.

You do realize Hillary sat on Walmart’s Board, correct?

A month or so ago I needed a pressure relief valve replaced on my water heater. A plumber came and looked at it when I already knew what was wrong. I asked him to tell me over the phone what it would cost to do the job, but nooo... he's got to see it.

When he tells me what I already knew, he went to his van and forty minutes later, he comes back with an estimate of $275. He charged $40 just to look at it.

I got a 70 year old handyman to help and we changed it out in under half an hour and all he wanted was $30. The part cost $16. I had to hook up the water hose to the water heater and drain it out while the handyman got a pipe wrench out of his truck. By the time I got the water hose unhooked and put away, he was finished.

So, why do we think that a skill set that takes six months to learn is worth a surgeon's wages, but balk at paying MickeyDs workers for their time?

You just proved the point against minimum wage. You had the work performed buy someone willing to accept less money.

BTW, I don't think minimum wage is the answer. I think the answer lies in local control.

If someone came to a county and wanted a business license, I think that the county commission could say no if the business were not willing to pay their workers.

If the employer creates a job, but isn't going to pay people enough to maintain that area's standard of living, they should not be granted a business permit.

I think that county commissioners would sell out their low skilled workers for a chance at additional tax revenue

You have a point there, but it is largely because the citizenry don't pay attention to what their county commission is doing.

County commissioners are known to condemn private property and put the mom and pop stores out of business in order to get Walmart in town. Then Walmart pays junk wages and increases the number of poor in that county. The tax commissioners only worry about taxes (they call it revenue.) The workers need to focus their efforts on county commissioners.

You want us to pay a higher wage? We will build in the next county who is offering a sweetheart deal

Nobody cares about unskilled labor. They live in the part of town nobody goes. So what if we have to pay for food, housing and healthcare because Walmart will not?

But LOOK!
We got a large ratable

And secondly the Podesta Group, think Obama administration, Hillary’s campaign manager, et al, was a lobbyist for Walmart. (They shut down due to their scandals recently)

And once their positions (Dems) on the Board, and contributions starting rolling into the Dems, you know longer hear the loud cries of what they pay their employees. Coincidence@? I think not. And they paid on average above minimum wage before, but you didn’t know that. The cries made you think they were below minimum wage.

But LOOK!
We got a large ratable

So?

And secondly the Podesta Group, think Obama administration, Hillary’s campaign manager, et al, was a lobbyist for Walmart. (They shut down due to their scandals recently)

So?

First, it is Aldi. Second they carry their own label, rather than brand names. They have smaller stores, less stock and fewer selections. Third they set boxes of goods out, rather than set them individually on the shelves. Fourth, they employee far less people and are tough task masters. One will clean toilets, mop floors and cashier all in the same shift. A certain pace is demanded. If you don’t finish within that time limit, you will soon be seeing the door.
Fifth, it was found that their fish is being packaged by NK’s in China, that are not allowed to leave the premises, nor were they getting their full pay. Their govt got most of it. Both Aldi and Walmart were getting their fish from these packaging plants in China. When approached with the facts, Walmart quit buying from them, Aldi has refused comment.

Sure, they pay more, but expect you to do the jobs of a number of employees in other food stores. There is no idle time, ever. Tell me, does their pay and benefits make it worth it? Depends on the character of the employee.
But let's say you don't think like that; anybody can do his job, so you hire a CEO for about one million a year. In the meantime, I find out about your rejection and I hire that CEO for 10 million a year, and then we take away your business and you have to close down.

Except the CEO isn't really that important. Jesus Christ, I've never met a CEO who wasn't full of himself, never met one who even knew what we did on a day to day basis.

Companies work well only if the employees are motivated and committed. The Japanese and Germans get this. Their CEO's don't make anything near what ours make, but their work forces are more unionized, and better motivated, and better educated than ours are.

But dun, der, Cleetus I don't dun der need to learn nothin' from dem der fur-hen-nurs.

Don't you find it odd that Aldis can come to America and sell their food for substantially less than the American grocery chains? And, around here, while Kroger, Ingles, and Publix are paying $8.50 an hour, Aldis is paying $12.00 an hour?

In Georgia, we have this program that is like Medicare for the children of underemployed workers. It's called Peachcare. The children of Walmart employees are the biggest group represented in this program while the children of Publix employees are the next biggest group of recipients. The overwhelming majority Aldis employees get paid too much to qualify.

So, if we don't insure that these underemployed people get a livable paycheck, they will get the balance in welfare, Peachcare, AFDC, etc., etc.

If you're going to be on a job, you may as well work and earn the money. Aldi has the better business model so that those without skills can make money.

But LOOK!
We got a large ratable

I'm well aware of it which is why I try not to give Walmart any more money than necessary.

Sam Walton is rolling over in his grave the way the family has given into blackmail.

But LOOK!
We got a large ratable

I'm well aware of it which is why I try not to give Walmart any more money than necessary.

But LOOK!
We got a large ratable

So, let them build in the next town over. The lower wages and the mindset that Walmart attracts will mean that the higher property taxes the county gets is eaten up in welfare, the costs of increased crime, etc.

I personally will not buy off label brands for the most part after several bad experiences. I now get brand names when on sale.

If you're going to be on a job, you may as well work and earn the money. Aldi has the better business model so that those without skills can make money.

I personally will not buy off label brands for the most part after several bad experiences. I now get brand names when on sale.

Brand names are equally susceptible to recalls.

It is highly efficient with little, and also has a high rate of burnout. Personally, from what I gather, one must be an A type personality to do well there. Not a problem, if that is your dna. But others would probably not survive for long.

Nothing to do with recalls. Simply inferior product. More water by volume, more stems, inferior quality in taste. Happened too often for me to keep doing it. I suspected they included the rejects of the brand names. Jmho.

Brand names are equally susceptible to recalls.

View attachment 164037

Even McDonald's acknowledges that their business was intended for children.
Holding businesses that are created with the employment of kids & college students responsible for the poor choices people make in life is wrong. If you're in your mid to late 20's or higher & working for minimum wage you have no one to blame but yourself. You're poor choices should not result in a 10.00 Big Mac or 4 dollar fry.

So who's supposed to work the registers, fryer, and grill when the kids are at school?

So? When supply and production go up so does the final cost.
However increasing wages like that causes everyone else'
Dollar to be worth less.
Can you post on the point of the thread or is that all you got?

Clearly, you have no understanding of economics.

So? When supply and production go up so does the final cost.
However increasing wages like that causes everyone else'
Dollar to be worth less.
Can you post on the point of the thread or is that all you got?

Clearly, you have no understanding of economics.
I'v run a business for near 30 years now.
Clearly you're a butthurt troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back