To those saying flipping burgers or dunking fries deserves 15.00 per hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just proved the point against minimum wage. You had the work performed buy someone willing to accept less money.

He worked for less money, but he was paid for his services.

BTW, I don't think minimum wage is the answer. I think the answer lies in local control.

If someone came to a county and wanted a business license, I think that the county commission could say no if the business were not willing to pay their workers.

If the employer creates a job, but isn't going to pay people enough to maintain that area's standard of living, they should not be granted a business permit.

I think that county commissioners would sell out their low skilled workers for a chance at additional tax revenue
Build in our county and we will ensure low cost labor

You have a point there, but it is largely because the citizenry don't pay attention to what their county commission is doing.

County commissioners are known to condemn private property and put the mom and pop stores out of business in order to get Walmart in town. Then Walmart pays junk wages and increases the number of poor in that county. The tax commissioners only worry about taxes (they call it revenue.) The workers need to focus their efforts on county commissioners.

Walmart is a great example
You want us to pay a higher wage? We will build in the next county who is offering a sweetheart deal

Nobody cares about unskilled labor. They live in the part of town nobody goes. So what if we have to pay for food, housing and healthcare because Walmart will not?

But LOOK!
We got a large ratable

So, let them build in the next town over. The lower wages and the mindset that Walmart attracts will mean that the higher property taxes the county gets is eaten up in welfare, the costs of increased crime, etc.

LOL
Yet they fall for it every time

Look voters.....I got you a Walmart!

I'v run a business for near 30 years now.
Clearly you're a butthurt troll.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd right on cue comes the unverifiable anecdote. So when there's no actual, verifiable data to support what you're saying, you just play pretend.

No one believes for a second you've run a business at all.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd right on cue comes the unverifiable anecdote. So when there's no actual, verifiable data to support what you're saying, you just play pretend.

Actually most of the board knows I do because I've posted my number and website on a couple drunken stuppors.

But please, continue pretending that you have a clue...noob.

Actually, he does. Something you would know nothing about.

Actually most of the board knows I do because I've posted my number and website on a couple drunken stuppors.

I can use Google too. It's really easy. You can pretend to be virtually anyone online. The question is; why do you feel it necessary to qualify what you say with these invented and imaginary personal circumstances?

Seems like all the right wing assholes around here are business owners.

I guess that explains why they have so much time on their hands to piss away on an internet message board all day long.

I guess that explains why they have so much time on their hands to piss away on an internet message board all day long.

They're also all "veterans" who are "married to (insert minority group here)" whose Obamacare premiums increased "(insert wild percentage claim here)"

They're all like Joe (not his real name) the Plumber (not his real job); they misrepresent themselves on anonymous message boards to lend credibility to their argument that lacks credibility on facts. They think imaginary friends and exaggerated personal circumstances are the same thing as hard, verifiable data. It ain't.

RE CEO pay - group reply to everyone who'd pinged/replied to me on that.

Many CEO's are paid a generic wage - the average in America is about $160k (2016 - $146K salary, $118K profit sharing) CEO's typically negotiate profit sharing at X% of net profit per year in their hiring contracts, which can be HUGE (multi millions even,) BUT it is /not/ a guaranteed wage. The folks that get into that 1M+ are not typically "Amercian" CEO's, they're "global" CEO's - which takes a whole 'nother level of skill.

Reporters with a political/social agenda also tend include in CEO pay the "value" of shit like flight costs [private/executive jet fees], hotel costs, rental car costs, employee & executive retreats, business meals, and sometimes even gym/golf/other memberships, suits, etc. which are "perks" or "bonuses" and /not/ "cash in hand" (in fact, sometimes it's actually a reimbursement for money the CEO paid out - though that practice was going away in favor of company charge accounts & credit cards.)

Nonsense. At Hamburger University, McDonald’s trains you in the art of the Burger so you can work there for life!

The university is for managers and assistant managers not for the average McDonald's employee that goes to high school and usually gets a real job after they graduate.

Nonsense. At Hamburger University, McDonald’s trains you in the art of the Burger so you can work there for life!

The university is for managers and assistant managers not for the average McDonald's employee that goes to high school and usually gets a real job after they graduate.

A lot of self righteous people are laughing at MickeyDs training, but the bottom line is, not everyone is qualified to just go out and get a better job via training.

Fast food provides those with Autism, Down's Syndrome, and a host of other disabilities an opportunity to get a job and make some money. The bad part is, they don't want to pay people for their services. In the final analysis, taxpayers make up that difference between "minimum wage" and the real costs of living.

I guess what those who poke fun at that segment of society want is for taxpayers to foot their entire bill since not everybody can learn more to earn more.

A lot of self righteous people are laughing at MickeyDs training, but the bottom line is, not everyone is qualified to just go out and get a better job via training.

Fast food provides those with Autism, Down's Syndrome, and a host of other disabilities an opportunity to get a job and make some money. The bad part is, they don't want to pay people for their services. In the final analysis, taxpayers make up that difference between "minimum wage" and the real costs of living.

I guess what those who poke fun at that segment of society want is for taxpayers to foot their entire bill since not everybody can learn more to earn more.

I'm not poking fun at them. Bottom line, the McDonald's is not a tough job and 99% of Americans can work at a McDonald's. With that segment to draw from, you don't need to pay employees much. As far as learning more to earn more...you don't have to have a college education to move up and out of a McDonald's job.

Those of us on the right don't want to foot any bill. Cut social programs down to the bare bone, and it will force people to work harder and better themselves.

Really? Then what about all the liberals that are here all day long?

You don't need to own a business to understand it. Knowing people who do own businesses can teach you a lot.

I have several family members who own their business and I have talks about business with my employer. He has taught me a lot about our business nobody would have ever known.

I have my own part-time business and I've learned what people think about me just because I have something they don't. They think I'm loaded with money because all they do is count the money I collect and not the money I spend to keep this place running. When they find out, they say "Oh, I never realized that!"

I have my own question along these lines:

A month or so ago I needed a pressure relief valve replaced on my water heater. A plumber came and looked at it when I already knew what was wrong. I asked him to tell me over the phone what it would cost to do the job, but nooo... he's got to see it.

When he tells me what I already knew, he went to his van and forty minutes later, he comes back with an estimate of $275. He charged $40 just to look at it.

I got a 70 year old handyman to help and we changed it out in under half an hour and all he wanted was $30. The part cost $16. I had to hook up the water hose to the water heater and drain it out while the handyman got a pipe wrench out of his truck. By the time I got the water hose unhooked and put away, he was finished.

So, why do we think that a skill set that takes six months to learn is worth a surgeon's wages, but balk at paying MickeyDs workers for their time?

You just proved the point against minimum wage. You had the work performed buy someone willing to accept less money.

He worked for less money, but he was paid for his services.

BTW, I don't think minimum wage is the answer. I think the answer lies in local control.

If someone came to a county and wanted a business license, I think that the county commission could say no if the business were not willing to pay their workers.

If the employer creates a job, but isn't going to pay people enough to maintain that area's standard of living, they should not be granted a business permit.

I think that county commissioners would sell out their low skilled workers for a chance at additional tax revenue
Build in our county and we will ensure low cost labor

You have a point there, but it is largely because the citizenry don't pay attention to what their county commission is doing.

County commissioners are known to condemn private property and put the mom and pop stores out of business in order to get Walmart in town. Then Walmart pays junk wages and increases the number of poor in that county. The tax commissioners only worry about taxes (they call it revenue.) The workers need to focus their efforts on county commissioners.

Walmart actually attracts customers to smaller businesses.

It's called an Anchor Store, and it's a business strategy used by mall creators. The get companies like Walmart to move into their complex and other stores open up because of it. It's a proven theory that Walmart (or other Anchor Stores) shoppers will not just shop there. They will branch out to the other stores in the mall and do business with them as well.

Then those businesses go to the next county that stays the hell out of their business and that county reaps in the tax revenue.

A few years ago our city was considering a huge minimum wage increase. They wanted it $15.00 an hour. Even the liberal council realized what a grave mistake that would have been. They voted it down because they knew businesses would flee Cleveland and reopen in the suburbs.

Since that was a failure, they tried to get the county to have a $15.00 an hour minimum wage. They too refused to go along with the idea for the same reason.

This lack of empathy from the right always enrages me. Most people would love to not work at McDonalds. Most people working in the service industry don't do it because they love it. They do it because they need money and food.

Life deals people bad cards sometimes. A lot of people have family responsibilities, illness and other circumstances that are out of their hands.

Fast food workers just don't flip burgers. They work long hours, deal with shitty customers and sub par pay.

The current minimum wage doesn't even allow to pay towards something better. The minimum wage isn't livable.

Poor baby, get one of those shovel ready jobs.

Those of us on the right don't want to foot any bill. Cut social programs down to the bare bone, and it will force people to work harder and better themselves.
. True, but will there be a trap set for those by evil greedy business owners who will be standing there yelling at each poor soul that walks through his door " you got no where to run now, so get your ace in there on that sanding machine, and I don't want to hear another word out of you for 5 years, and then I might just decide to raise you from $7.50 an hour to $8.50 an hour ". The worker then tells his co-workers " I got to get out of here man", but they quickly remind him that they have tried themselves to get out, but the good ole boys at the top are working together in so that it's super hard to quit and just go somewhere else. Then if they do get out, they quickly run into a dead end because the city or towns people in these companies are far more connected than was first thought of. They work together to know who is moving about, who is making waves, who is demanding more, and what to do when the sheep begin to get restless. Why do you people think that such a thing as employee history, recommendations, and references are so important to managements ?

Nobody...not adults, not kids, not college students should apply for min wage jobs. Let them remain unfilled. If mcpukes shut down nobody would shed one tear. In fact I would laugh incredibly.

Your handle is appropriate.

I can use Google too. It's really easy. You can pretend to be virtually anyone online. The question is; why do you feel it necessary to qualify what you say with these invented and imaginary personal circumstances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back