To those saying flipping burgers or dunking fries deserves 15.00 per hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end why do people!e choose to eat mcdonalds? I say do a blood test and if you have that slop in your system you pay higher insurance rates because its toxic and drives up medical costs. We think illegal drugs are killing people? That food slowly kills. Uneducated people eat it. Wise folkj never touch it.

You're a perfect example of why we should never have government run our healthcare. These Nazi opinions of controlling others lives is why we need to keep healthcare private.

I don't need anybody telling me what to eat or how much.
I don't need anybody telling me what to drink or how much.
I don't need anybody telling me how much exercise to get each day.
I don't need anybody telling me how much television I can watch.

If you desire such a country, maybe try moving to Cuba or North Korea.

Why is it the duty of an employer to furnish you with a living wage if you decide to have no children or 12? Is it not your own responsibility to live with in your means?

why should people's value only be based on their ability of the One Percent to make money off of them? Why not have a living wage for everyone, and just be done with it? You want to do business, provide a living wage.

Period. Done.

Or conversely, provide everyone with a basic income, and then if they want more, then WalMart or whoever can provide it.

You see, the real problem is the old model of "you work for a living' is really based on the system being able to produce job. That's simply not the case anymore. Time to do something different.
. Provide everyone with a basic income eh ? And just who is everyone ???. Without the struggle in learning, hoping, teaching, working, then how does one regulate the decision making process in life ?? If you are giving anything for free, it breeds the thinking that one doesn't have to be responsible in ones critical choices in life.

Example: If you don't have gas enough to go to town two times that week, then you make sure you make a list and check it twice, and if you are going to consider children, then you figure on how many by what you can afford, and not what the state can help you afford. Welfare and food stamps has been that basic income for years, and it is set to the level that keeps a person having a hunger to not remain at the welfare level forever.

I am not saying I want govt run insurance. Some kind do drug tests. Private insurance rates drop when there are less overweight obese full of toxic food. I understand...you believe that good is good for you. You don't want to exercise because you don't think it's good. You are a tough guy who eats that sludge cuz you don't want nobody telling you not to. Nobody should be teaching kids about how to be healthy. We should be feeding them fast food so those companies make their profit.

Why is it the duty of an employer to furnish you with a living wage if you decide to have no children or 12? Is it not your own responsibility to live with in your means?

why should people's value only be based on their ability of the One Percent to make money off of them? Why not have a living wage for everyone, and just be done with it? You want to do business, provide a living wage.

Period. Done.

Or conversely, provide everyone with a basic income, and then if they want more, then WalMart or whoever can provide it.

You see, the real problem is the old model of "you work for a living' is really based on the system being able to produce job. That's simply not the case anymore. Time to do something different.
. Provide everyone with a basic income eh ? And just who is everyone ???. Without the struggle in learning, hoping, teaching, working, then how does one regulate the decision making process in life ?? If you are giving anything for free, it breeds the thinking that one doesn't have to be responsible in ones critical choices in life.

Example: If you don't have gas enough to go to town two times that week, then you make sure you make a list and check it twice, and if you are going to consider children, then you figure on how many by what you can afford, and not what the state can help you afford. Welfare and food stamps has been that basic income for years, and it is set to the level that keeps a person having a hunger to not remain at the welfare level forever.

The problem is that welfare encourages people to not try.

Basic income was introduced in Switzerland some time ago. It failed by vote, but I was fascinated by the concept.

What they thought of was getting rid of every single social program they had and replace it with Basic Income. Running the numbers, it would have saved the country money in the long run.

In comparison, it would be like giving every adult in the US $18,000 a year. You can do what you like with that money. If you can live on that alone, good for you. If you want to use it to supplement your income, better yet.

In any case, it could solve a lot of problems we have with our social programs. For instance, there would be no more grudges between the rich and the poor. Working people would get the same thing that non-working people get. Or for instance you may have heard me complain about HUD people living in my suburb. Basic Income would take care of that because they wouldn't' be able to live here because the rent and home purchases would be too expensive.

No more complaining about food stamps, Medicaid, Obama phones, nothing. Basic Income would wipe all that out.

Because not many people can live on 18K a year, it would encourage them to work. They wouldn't have to worry about how much they made either, because your BI check would not change even if you hit the lottery.

If you work and healthcare insurance is your problem, you can use a large portion of your check to provide insurance. If you have a problem affording advanced education for your children, you could use your check for that as well. Nearly everybody could afford college because remember, your children are now over 18 and they too would get a BI check. Together, that would be 36K a year for educational investment.

Imagine the money you would have if you paid off your mortgage. BI can achieve that for you. More people would be invested in the stock market or make some other financial investments.

So I think Basic Income is very intriguing. I know it would do me a world of good and save the government money at the same time.

Businesses should be financially responsible for their employees families.
Why? Is it not the responsibility of the individual to take care of themselves and their family? The employer is only responsible for the well being of the employee via insurance, aka workers comp if the employee gets hurt while performing his job; and a wage they both agreed to.
We don't live on Islands.
An employee does a better job if his family is provided for. What is the point of having a job that doesn't provide a living wage, you might as well be a criminal or homeless. Why bother getting dressed and going to work if you aren't making a living wage? You should die or become a criminal instead.

It sure beats learning to do something so you can make a living wage.
How can you spend money to learn something to do so you can make a living wage while not making a living wage?

Why? Is it not the responsibility of the individual to take care of themselves and their family? The employer is only responsible for the well being of the employee via insurance, aka workers comp if the employee gets hurt while performing his job; and a wage they both agreed to.
An employee does a better job if his family is provided for. What is the point of having a job that doesn't provide a living wage, you might as well be a criminal or homeless. Why bother getting dressed and going to work if you aren't making a living wage? You should die or become a criminal instead.
Are we not individuals? What is a "living wage"? A family of 4, husband and wife working, making minimum wage, are living above the poverty level, but when they start getting in debt due to wants instead of needs, I ask again who's fault is it?
If you can't afford rent, food, utilities you aren't receiving a living wage. Nothing to do with wants. When people, such as yourself, argue against the living wage, you throw out stupid shit like wants, big screen tv's, etc. The stuff required to live keeps getting more expensive. It's only the luxuries that are getting cheaper. I say make it more expensive to buy luxuries, by charging a living wage tariff on those countries that don't pay a living wage, by insuring Americans who make a living wage are the ones who make those luxury items, so that all Americans can afford rent, bed, and utilities. Car and College would be nice too.

Why is it the duty of an employer to furnish you with a living wage if you decide to have no children or 12? Is it not your own responsibility to live with in your means? I agree there are those less fortunate than others and should be helped out and need help, that is the responsibility of society as a whole, not the responsibility of an employer. If the employer becomes responsible for your choices then they should have a say in how you run your life, since he is footing the bill.
There you go reaching to extremes to try to criticize my points again. I never said anything about providing a living wage for you and your children. If you want children, get a better job. I don't see a problem with that. But every job should pay enough to provide for yourself a living wage with a little left over for self improvement.

Period. Done.

Yeah let's just pay people not to work. The more kids you have the more money you'll get.

The only problem there is figuring out were all that money will come from. But then again you wacko progs have never been able to to math
That's an extreme that doesn't need to be applied. It would only be fair that if you are being provided a living wage that you don't have kids until you can afford to have them yourself. Not paid extra for having them unless we have a need for them. Like to fight a war or something.

Are we not individuals? What is a "living wage"? A family of 4, husband and wife working, making minimum wage, are living above the poverty level, but when they start getting in debt due to wants instead of needs, I ask again who's fault is it?
If you can't afford rent, food, utilities you aren't receiving a living wage. Nothing to do with wants. When people, such as yourself, argue against the living wage, you throw out stupid shit like wants, big screen tv's, etc. The stuff required to live keeps getting more expensive. It's only the luxuries that are getting cheaper. I say make it more expensive to buy luxuries, by charging a living wage tariff on those countries that don't pay a living wage, by insuring Americans who make a living wage are the ones who make those luxury items, so that all Americans can afford rent, bed, and utilities. Car and College would be nice too.

Why is it the duty of an employer to furnish you with a living wage if you decide to have no children or 12? Is it not your own responsibility to live with in your means? I agree there are those less fortunate than others and should be helped out and need help, that is the responsibility of society as a whole, not the responsibility of an employer. If the employer becomes responsible for your choices then they should have a say in how you run your life, since he is footing the bill.
There you go reaching to extremes to try to criticize my points again. I never said anything about providing a living wage for you and your children. If you want children, get a better job. I don't see a problem with that. But every job should pay enough to provide for yourself a living wage with a little left over for self improvement.

Again? This I believe is my first response to you on this subject. You said “all Americans”, and everyone’s idea of a living wage is unclear. Also, you did not specify whether it included a family or not. So, if a married couple with two kids were making a living wage that a single person with no kids made, you would be good with that?

Again? This I believe is my first response to you on this subject. You said “all Americans”, and everyone’s idea of a living wage is unclear. Also, you did not specify whether it included a family or not. So, if a married couple with two kids were making a living wage that a single person with no kids made, you would be good with that?
yes.

How can you spend money to learn something to do so you can make a living wage while not making a living wage?
Learning doesn't have to cost anything.

Ever hear of a library?

And all these people who don't make a living wage sure seem to have cell phones and cable TV don't they? Maybe they can use the money wasted on those to improve their worth to the marketplace.

Even if they don't every place of employment has some room to move up.

There are government loans for things like that, courses you can take on the internet (at least partially) and night school. Heck, I did it for a short time when I was younger. I worked full-time plus and went to school three nights a week. It wasn't easy though.

Some college and trade schools even finance their students through their own institutions.

I think there are very few people who would say they make enough for the work they do including myself. But as I've said repeatedly, your labor is only worth as much as your employer can pay another person to do the same quality of work as you do. That's why minimum wage jobs pay what they do. Those are jobs that are easily filled because the employers have no problem getting people to work for that money. That being the case, could you tell me why they should pay more?

Because it's the right thing to do, but I don't think you understand that concept, 14.50.

There are government loans for things like that, courses you can take on the internet (at least partially) and night school. Heck, I did it for a short time when I was younger. I worked full-time plus and went to school three nights a week. It wasn't easy though.

Some college and trade schools even finance their students through their own institutions.
i love it when we see a burger flipper say to a reporter: how da hale is eye zupposed to pay mah rent, mah cah payment, mah food, mah internet, my fore keeds, and all dem trips to KFC on 9.00 a F@!*&^%ing Hour BITCH !!!

I think there are very few people who would say they make enough for the work they do including myself. But as I've said repeatedly, your labor is only worth as much as your employer can pay another person to do the same quality of work as you do. That's why minimum wage jobs pay what they do. Those are jobs that are easily filled because the employers have no problem getting people to work for that money. That being the case, could you tell me why they should pay more?

Because it's the right thing to do, but I don't think you understand that concept, 14.50.

You don't understand.

You and I own widget factories. We are in competition with each other. I pay the lowest wage I can to get the work done and you pay "the right thing to do" wages. Because my labor costs are much lower than yours, I begin to take your customers away because I can sell my widgets cheaper than you can.

You don't understand.

You and I own widget factories. We are in competition with each other. I pay the lowest wage I can to get the work done and you pay "the right thing to do" wages. Because my labor costs are much lower than yours, I begin to take your customers away because I can sell my widgets cheaper than you can.

Actually, more than likely, your widgets won't sell because they'll be made like shit because the people putting them together won't give a fuck.

You've obviously never worked in manufacturing.

You don't understand.

Actually, more than likely, your widgets won't sell because they'll be made like shit because the people putting them together won't give a fuck.

You don't need to work in manufacturing to understand that most manufacturers do hire the cheapest labor; not in all cases, but most. Paying more for labor doesn't guarantee you the best labor. Our UAW is proof of that.

You don't understand.

You don't need to work in manufacturing to understand that most manufacturers do hire the cheapest labor; not in all cases, but most. Paying more for labor doesn't guarantee you the best labor. Our UAW is proof of that.

Not true! Union workers work very hard until they are through probation, then they quickly don’t care.

Learning doesn't have to cost anything.

Ever hear of a library?

And all these people who don't make a living wage sure seem to have cell phones and cable TV don't they? Maybe they can use the money wasted on those to improve their worth to the marketplace.

Even if they don't every place of employment has some room to move up.
You did not read what I wrote.
Making luxury items cheap and affordable does not make it cheaper to live. Just because I can afford $200 once every 1 - 10 years for a big screen TV does not mean I can afford my $1000 a month rent. The two DO NOT equate.
Bad food cheap, good food expensive so were all fat. Luxuries cheap, necessities expensive, do you see the FUCKING problem now?

I owe $47,000 in student loans and all it got me was an AA degree. I got kicked out of college once because my English teacher thought I was a "heartless asshole" after reading one of my papers about people needing to learn to be responsible for the consequences of their own actions. Because I wasn't Liberal enough I got booted out of college. I Flunked Algebra with a perfect 4.0 average because I worked 110 hours a week and had problems showing up to class on days other than class days. Your liberal school system SUCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back