🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

To those wondering what happens if Ron DeSantis refuses to extradite Trump

I think the SS assigned to a president is under that president control aren’t they? Otherwise, a current president could terminate a former presidents secret service detail, right?
No, they are agents of the Treasury Department. Trump has no control over them, and they follow orders from their Treasury boss in D.C.

No, they are agents of the Treasury Department. Trump has no control over them, and they follow orders from their Treasury boss in D.C.
Right, but they are charged with the protection of the former president, I don’t think the current administration can order them to stand down can they?

I don’t know, anyone have the secret service handbook?

Right, but they are charged with the protection of the former president, I don’t think the current administration can order them to stand down can they?

Protection of the former president* from external physical threats, not from legal indictments and criminal trials.

The current POTUS can order them to stand down...if he wants to be impeached.
Go for it BYE-DUMB.

Federal election interference
It's even more serious if charged with foreign collusion to interfere, and since Soros is a dual citizen( also a citizen of Hungary) and a laison of many other foreign entities, it could be more interesting than imagined, if it wasn't for him buying off a good portion of our corrupted officials.

If this happens, New York files suits in Federal court. The federal court issues an order of contempt against Ron DeSantis. If he continues to refuse, Trumpers better get out of the way because the feds will go get Trump themselves.

The Florida governor would only be able to keep Trump in Florida without consequences if the charges were punishable by death penalty. This is not the case here because it's not a death penalty case.

In short, tiny D is just trying to put up a show to prove to the MAGA that he's more of a Trump -loving masochist than Ted cruz, who fell in love with Trump after Trump called his wife ugly.
Oh by all means escalate this clown show.

If you list all the U.S. presidents arrested by it's opposition party.
If you list the laws mandating that a prosecutor must be a member of the same party as the arrested person.

If you list the laws mandating that a prosecutor must be a member of the same party as the arrested person.
That has no baring except when weaponizing the position for political tactical means with "false charges" which is the term every expert has used thus far. Fact: he ran on tbe premise of getting Trump, that's why he sabotaged his own case before it gets tried, that and the fact it was illegal, which puts Bragg at risk for sentencing.

If this happens, New York files suits in Federal court. The federal court issues an order of contempt against Ron DeSantis. If he continues to refuse, Trumpers better get out of the way because the feds will go get Trump themselves.

The Florida governor would only be able to keep Trump in Florida without consequences if the charges were punishable by death penalty. This is not the case here because it's not a death penalty case.

In short, tiny D is just trying to put up a show to prove to the MAGA that he's more of a Trump -loving masochist than Ted cruz, who fell in love with Trump after Trump called his wife ugly.
There is a difference between New York attempting to arrest and extradite a Florida resident and the federal government doing so. Florida has the right to deny New York access to their citizens if they want to. Could Arizona send marshals to California to forcibly grab an illegal alien charged with shoplifting in Arizona, or would California have something to say about it?

Wasn't there a case where Jackson essentially told the Chief Justice to "try and stop me"? As I recall, it had something to do with displacing the Native Americans.

There is a difference between New York attempting to arrest and extradite a Florida resident and the federal government doing so. Florida has the right to deny New York access to their citizens if they want to. Could Arizona send marshals to California to forcibly grab an illegal alien charged with shoplifting in Arizona, or would California have something to say about it?
Doubtful. What's more, the arrest will be illegal and cast more shade on the whole case.

Doubtful. What's more, the arrest will be illegal and cast more shade on the whole case.
Exactly, which is why DeSantis could mess things up quite a bit if TRUMP! refused to go to New York and New York attempted to forcibly take him out of Florida. Note that TRUMP! won't cause that big of a stink, but they could if they wanted to.

Exactly, which is why DeSantis could mess things up quite a bit if TRUMP! refused to go to New York and New York attempted to forcibly take him out of Florida. Note that TRUMP! won't cause that big of a stink, but they could if they wanted to.

Someone made a thread about this not too long ago...everyone laughed:

1680273595127.png

I laughed as well, because I could see the eruption of liberal angst, the catastrophic wailing at the sky, the extreme mourning at the death of our democracy, and the sheer histrionics if he did it.
Much like the sounds conservatives are making today. Got to confess...it makes me chuckle.

Much like the sounds conservatives are making today. Got to confess...it makes me chuckle.
Yeah, I don't get the whole "invalid indictment" thing. If he did something wrong, he should deal with the consequences. If the case against him is really weak and it's an obvious political prosecution, it should fall apart and the prosecutor resign in disgrace for going after him in the first place.

Wasn't there a case where Jackson essentially told the Chief Justice to "try and stop me"? As I recall, it had something to do with displacing the Native Americans.

“John Marshall has made his decision,now let him enforce it.”

"A Person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall flee from Justice, and be found in another State, shall on Demand of the executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime."

Forum List

Back