Today, June 10, 2014: Primaries/Runoff RESULTS THREAD

In the Palmetto State, Lindsey Graham is winning his primary with 62.5%. I bet there won't be a runoff.

$Cantor loses.png

In the Palmetto State, Lindsey Graham is winning his primary with 62.5%. I bet there won't be a runoff.

There is only 10% of the vote in. They need to get him under 50%, but I think you're right.

Holy crap! I know the media said the guy was coming on strong but jesus christ...I didn't truly expect him to win...gonna be a democrat pick up in November. :) He will have his legit rape moment. LOL

This is an R+10 district. The Democrats won't pick this seat up.

I agree. That is a very unlikely D pickup candidate.

There is only 10% of the vote in. They need to get him under 50%, but I think you're right.

Yes, because generally, it is the smaller counties that call in first, and those are the counties where Miss Lindsey will do the worst (oh, did I just write "Miss Lindsey". oops, sorry) because those sparsely populated counties will tend to be more conservative. Later, the big counties from metropolitan areas will come in, and here, Graham should actually improve on his statistic. I bet he stays real close to 60%, when all is said and done.

Power of the incumbency.

With 16.5% of precincts in, Graham is maintaining with 61.8%.

I expect the checkmark within about 40 minutes.

South Carolina:

just as I suspected, Graham is doing much better in larger urban areas. In Richland County (Columbia), with only 8% of the vote in, he is winning with 74%, well over his statewide average. If that 74% holds all the way in this county and a couple of other large urban areas, then he will stay over 60% statewide, easily.

Charleston County is, however, 23% in, and Graham is winning with 69%.

The largest county in SC is Greenville County (on the upper West border to NC, also not far from Georgia), with 451,000 people. Only 0.7% of the vote is in from this county, but Graham is only getting 48% of the vote thus far.

Last edited:
South Carolina:

just as I suspected, Graham is doing much better in larger urban areas. In Richland County (Columbia), with only 8% of the vote in, he is winning with 74%, well over his statewide average. If that 74% holds all the way in this county and a couple of other large urban areas, then he will stay over 60% statewide, easily.

Charleston County is, however, 23% in, and Graham is winning with 69%.

The largest county in SC is Greenville County (on the upper West border to NC, also not far from Georgia), with 451,000 people. Only 0.7% of the vote is in from this county, but Graham is only getting 48% of the vote thus far.

Are you announcing this like a horse race??

Forum List

Back