TODAY show july 28. No mention of cop exoneration in Freddie Gray case.

officer Nero was acquitted in a trial, but he was not 'exonerated'? I call bullshit
well... try learning the meaning if words and it'll make more sense
DA's don't exonerate people. They prosecute or they don't.
exactly
Which makes you exactly a moron for bringing it up. The DA also didn't give them a Swedish massage or pimp their ride as long as we're discussing all the things DA's don't do for people.

officer Nero was acquitted in a trial, but he was not 'exonerated'? I call bullshit
exactly
Which makes you exactly a moron for bringing it up. The DA also didn't give them a Swedish massage or pimp their ride as long as we're discussing all the things DA's don't do for people.
i didn't bring it up, it's in the title of the thread.

exactly
The cops are exonerated in the eyes of the public, just like Darren Wilson. Your argument that they can only be exonerated by the DA is ridiculous. Apparently even BLM isn't raising a stink about this, meaning even they know it was bullshit to begin with.

if you mean by overruling a prior conviction, you have a point

I mean overturned the conviction by the liberal public

exactly
The cops are exonerated in the eyes of the public, just like Darren Wilson. Your argument that they can only be exonerated by the DA is ridiculous.
i didn't day they could only be exonerated by the DA.

wtf is wrong with you? i only pointed out that it is incorrect to view someone as having been exonerated simply because charges were dropped, just as it is wrong to view someone as exonerated simply for getting an acquittal.

exactly
The cops are exonerated in the eyes of the public, just like Darren Wilson. Your argument that they can only be exonerated by the DA is ridiculous.

wtf is wrong with you? i only pointed out that it is incorrect to view someone as having been exonerated simply because charges were dropped, just as it is wrong to view someone as exonerated simply for getting an acquittal.
Exoneration is always a matter of opinion. Saying someone was not exonerated because the DA dropped the charges is just idiotic.

exoneration is simply to declare someone not guilty or free of blame from charges, I have no idea how officer Nero was not exonerated

Exoneration is always a matter of opinion. Saying someone was not exonerated because the DA dropped the charges is just idiotic.
no, exoneration is a matter of proof. one must be proven innocent to be exonerated.

no, exoneration is a matter of proof. one must be proven innocent to be exonerated.
No, it's a matter of opinion. I've seen convictions overturned where the DA still insists the person is guilty. In any event, DA's don't prove innocence, they prove guilt. The OP author merely expressed an opinion that the charges being dropped amounts to an exoneration. It has absolutely nothing to do with the prosecutor who you seem to imply has to make an official decree for someone to be exonerated.

No, it's a matter of opinion. I've seen convictions overturned where the DA still insists the person is guilty. In any event, DA's don't prove innocence, they prove guilt. The OP author merely expressed an opinion that the charges being dropped amounts to an exoneration. It has absolutely nothing to do with the prosecutor who you seem to imply has to make an official decree for someone to be exonerated.
i didn't imply anything about the DA. seriously, quit with that bullshit. you are making it all up and pretending i said or imied it.

an overturned conviction is not an exoneration although they can come when new evidence proves the convicted is innocent.

legal proof is all you are ever going to get, Nero was found not guilty by a court, therefore innocent, therefore he was exonerated

i didn't imply anything about the DA. seriously, quit with that bullshit. you are making it all up and pretending i said or imied it.

an overturned conviction is not an exoneration although they can come when new evidence proves the convicted is innocent.
Yes you did. You keep saying the DA only dropped the charges as if there was more that could be done to exonerate the cops. People are free to view that as an exoneration, an opinion you stupidly think you can prove wrong by ascribing magical powers to the DA that were judiciously declined.

legal proof is all you are ever going to get, Nero was found not guilty by a court, therefore innocent, therefore he was exonerated
again, this is a misunderstanding of the meaning of the word.

a court finding of not guilty does not exonerate or make a person innocent

Yes you did. You keep saying the DA only dropped the charges
yep. the DA doesn't exonerate anyone, so all they can do is drip the charges
as if there was more that could be done to exonerate the cops.
this is the part you are making up. that's all in your head.
People are free to view that as an exoneration
yes, people are free to be wrong
an opinion you stupidly think you can prove wrong by ascribing magical powers to the DA that were judiciously declined.
wtf are you gibbering about? you have created a straw man and are pretending that it is my argument.

the cops have not been proven innocent. they have not been exonerated. they likely never will be. lucky for them we have a presumption of innocence

again, this is a misunderstanding of the meaning of the word.

a court finding of not guilty does not exonerate or make a person innocent

yes it does, there is no absolute way to exonerate someone, it is only human subjectivity that exonerates since only human subjectivity implicates wrongdoing

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/20...g-briefing/s/23eveningss-slide-R498.html?_r=0
A judge in Baltimore exonerated Edward Nero, an arresting officer accused of lesser offenses in the case of Freddie Gray. Six officers were accused of wrongdoing after Mr. Gray died last year from a spinal cord injury suffered in police custody

an opinion you stupidly think you can prove wrong by ascribing magical powers to the DA that were judiciously declined.
wtf are you gibbering about? you have created a straw man and are pretending that it is my argument.

the cops have not been proven innocent. they have not been exonerated. they likely never will be. lucky for them we have a presumption of innocence
You're an idiot for thinking that your belief that the cops weren't exonerated is a fact instead of an opinion. You're more an idiot for trying to disprove someone's opinion with your own opinion. Whether the dropping of charges is viewed as an exoneration or not is JUST AN OPINION.

You're an idiot for thinking that your belief that the cops weren't exonerated is a fact instead of an opinion. You're more an idiot for trying to disprove someone's opinion with your own opinion. Whether the dropping of charges is viewed as an exoneration or not is JUST AN OPINION.
right, just like with OJ, you can believe he did it or not, but we will never have absolute proof unless he confesses to the crime. Declarations of innocence are always open to the 'can't prove the negative' conundrum. Confessions are not even absolute, people have confessed to things they did not do.

Forum List

Back