🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Toddler finds mother shot dead in Umm al-Fahm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you are ( Nothing new) Throughout the World it primarily happens in Muslim Countries. In " palestine" they are not interested in making it ILLEGAL !

I've laid out the facts PV and you have yet to address a single one directly or answer a question directly.

Honor killing is most common in the Middle East culture and in India, particularly amongst the caste conscious Hindu. The history of it is a cultural history that predates religion.

I have asked, repeatedly, where in the Quran, there is anything permitting honor killing and you repeatedly dodge it. If you want to make the claim that it is an issue of religion then you damn well better find some religious text to back it up as part of that religion.

In addition you fail to explain why honor killing is also common among non-Muslim populations such as Hindus, or why in the Middle East it is practiced by non-Muslim natives such as Christians and Druze as well.

I provided a number of links where Islamic scholars repudiated honor killings as non-Islamic. I can find nothing in the religious texts that support the concept of honor killing - in fact, shedding innocent muslim blood seems to be frowned upon.

Your examples of the Kosher food laws still have their origins in the OT - not as detailed, but clearly there.

You are making a claim that the religion supports honor killing but you can't find any thing to back it up except to say it's more prevalent in the Islamic world.

It's not a stupid question. You made the claim. Islamic law is Sharia law - where is honor killing in Sharia? Pedophilia seems to be rampant among Christian clergy, therefore Christianity supports pedophilia - in essence that is the kind of argument you are making with Islam and honor killing.

The real issue is not Islam - it's women's rights in societies that regard women as property and that attitude is prevalent amongst all the religions in those regions as is a societal "acceptance" of violence towards women. I keep pointing out India because it's an example of a country forced to finally confront this problem following a particularly horrific rape of a Hindu woman in a dominantly Hindu society. When people try to make it a "religious" issue (and fail to find any widespread religious text or law backing it up) then they are showing themselves to be people who don't really care about addressing the real problems - violence towards women - but only care about demonizing Islam.

The above examples ( just a few) aren't written in stone anywhere yet they're accepted. Get it? Probably not. Keep defending it claiming their " religion" has nothing to do with it.

Just show me where in the religion there is support for honor killings. GET IT?

Perhaps it's time for another question you probably won't answer. If honor killing is supported by the religion, why is it so rare in Indonesia, 88% Muslim, with the largest Muslim population in the world?

Regarding your " legal" question I have already answered it. The Kosher Laws aren't written anywhere in the Old Testament yet it's part of the Religion. On Friday's Catholocs were forbidden to eat Meat. It obviously wasn't written anywhere but still a part of their religion. The examples go on and on.

" Honor Killing" is not prevelant among Hindus or any other group EXCEPT Muslims. Care to explain that? There have been " Honor Killings" in THIS COUNTRY! Guess who???? Psssss.. ( hint it's not the Hindus)

Maybe now you can tell us why in these Countries there are " Laws" that SUPPORT IT!!

In the Muslim World there is a difference between what happened to that woman in India and an " Honor Killing" whether you want to accept it or not !!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lipush http://www.usmessageboard.com/israe...led-in-shomron-terror-attack.html#post7168324
"No, he is a human being".

So was the person he killed!

And that person left behind a widow and 5 children! so forgive me for not giving a crap about the stabber...
WHAT business did he have being where he was?

BTW, where is your condemnation of this poster not having any empathy for the stabbing victim? Just one more example of your hypocrisy

You continue to selectively ask for compassion for those who are dying.

If I thought like other posters, I would read this article and conclude that honor killings were a Jewish practice.

jewish rally calls for ‘honour killings’

with 5 comments

Bat Yam rally: Death to Jewish women who date Arabs
Yoav Zitun, Ynet, Dec 21 2010

Some 200 people held a demonstration in central Bat Yam Monday evening against relationships between local Jewish women and Arab men. One of the protestors called out:

Any Jewish woman who goes with an Arab should be killed; any Jew who sells his home to an Arab should be killed.

During the rally, held under the banner, “We Want a Jewish Bat-Yam,” demonstrators also insulted the prophet Muhammad and made racist remarks against Arabs and their saints. Police forces maintained order, but did not act when the demonstrators made racist remarks. One of the speakers said:

We are not racist, we are just Jews. The Arabs are coming and taking our daughters. We will not allow it.

Moshe Ben-Zikri of Eilat said the “struggle” began three years ago in Givat Ze’ev. He said:

There were 330 Arab families there, and the Jewish women would walk around with them freely. We vowed this would not happen again. Just like we triumphed there, we will triumph in Bat Yam as well. We are not afraid of the police, the media or the Arabs. We only fear God

jewish rally calls for ?honour killings? | Niqnaq

Just when I thought you couldn't sick any lower.......

THE ones sinking low are the Jews who were calling for honour killings.

There ya go

'Honor killings' in USA raise concerns

Updated 11/30/2009 1:42 PM | Comment | Recommend E-mail | Print | Reprints & Permissions | Subscribe to stories like this

Faleh Almaleki
Peoria Police Department via AP

[MENTION=11993]faith[/MENTION]_REASON ON TWITTER

Join the conversation: Religion, spirituality & ethics | Reader forum: Your beliefs

Add to Mixx
Facebook
Twitter

More

Subscribe
myYahoo
iGoogle

More

By Oren Dorell, USA TODAY

Muslim immigrant men have been accused of six "honor killings" in the United States in the past two years, prompting concerns that the Muslim community and police need to do more to stop such crimes.

"There is broad support and acceptance of this idea in Islam, and we're going to see it more and more in the United States," says Robert Spencer, who has trained FBI and military authorities on Islam and founded Jihad Watch, which monitors radical Islam.

Honor killings are generally defined as murders of women by relatives who claim the victim brought shame to the family. Thousands of such killings have occurred in Muslim countries such as Egypt, Jordan, Pakistan and Palestinian territories, according to the World Health Organization.

Some clerics and even lawmakers in these countries have said families have the right to commit honor killings as a way of maintaining values, according to an analysis by Yotam Feldner in the journal Middle East Quarterly.

MORE: Ariz. woman allegedly hit with car by Iraqi father dies

BRITAIN: Father found guilty in honor killing

In the USA, police allege the latest "honor killing" was that of Noor Almaleki, 20, who died Nov. 2 after she and her boyfriend's mother were run over in a Peoria, Ariz., parking lot. Prosecutors charged Almaleki's father, Faleh Almaleki, with murder, saying the Iraqi immigrant was upset that his daughter rejected a husband she married in Iraq and moved in with an American.

'Honor killings' in USA raise concerns - USATODAY.com

Click here: 'Honor killings' in USA raise concerns - USATODAY.com

I've laid out the facts PV and you have yet to address a single one directly or answer a question directly.

Honor killing is most common in the Middle East culture and in India, particularly amongst the caste conscious Hindu. The history of it is a cultural history that predates religion.

I have asked, repeatedly, where in the Quran, there is anything permitting honor killing and you repeatedly dodge it. If you want to make the claim that it is an issue of religion then you damn well better find some religious text to back it up as part of that religion.

In addition you fail to explain why honor killing is also common among non-Muslim populations such as Hindus, or why in the Middle East it is practiced by non-Muslim natives such as Christians and Druze as well.

I provided a number of links where Islamic scholars repudiated honor killings as non-Islamic. I can find nothing in the religious texts that support the concept of honor killing - in fact, shedding innocent muslim blood seems to be frowned upon.

Your examples of the Kosher food laws still have their origins in the OT - not as detailed, but clearly there.

You are making a claim that the religion supports honor killing but you can't find any thing to back it up except to say it's more prevalent in the Islamic world.

It's not a stupid question. You made the claim. Islamic law is Sharia law - where is honor killing in Sharia? Pedophilia seems to be rampant among Christian clergy, therefore Christianity supports pedophilia - in essence that is the kind of argument you are making with Islam and honor killing.

The real issue is not Islam - it's women's rights in societies that regard women as property and that attitude is prevalent amongst all the religions in those regions as is a societal "acceptance" of violence towards women. I keep pointing out India because it's an example of a country forced to finally confront this problem following a particularly horrific rape of a Hindu woman in a dominantly Hindu society. When people try to make it a "religious" issue (and fail to find any widespread religious text or law backing it up) then they are showing themselves to be people who don't really care about addressing the real problems - violence towards women - but only care about demonizing Islam.

Just show me where in the religion there is support for honor killings. GET IT?

Perhaps it's time for another question you probably won't answer. If honor killing is supported by the religion, why is it so rare in Indonesia, 88% Muslim, with the largest Muslim population in the world?

Regarding your " legal" question I have already answered it. The Kosher Laws aren't written anywhere in the Old Testament yet it's part of the Religion. On Friday's Catholocs were forbidden to eat Meat. It obviously wasn't written anywhere but still a part of their religion. The examples go on and on.

" Honor Killing" is not prevelant among Hindus or any other group EXCEPT Muslims. Care to explain that? There have been " Honor Killings" in THIS COUNTRY! Guess who???? Psssss.. ( hint it's not the Hindus)

Maybe now you can tell us why in these Countries there are " Laws" that SUPPORT IT!!

In the Muslim World there is a difference between what happened to that woman in India and an " Honor Killing" whether you want to accept it or not !!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lipush http://www.usmessageboard.com/israe...led-in-shomron-terror-attack.html#post7168324

And that person left behind a widow and 5 children! so forgive me for not giving a crap about the stabber...

BTW, where is your condemnation of this poster not having any empathy for the stabbing victim? Just one more example of your hypocrisy

You continue to selectively ask for compassion for those who are dying.

Like you who only have compassion for the Palestinians? I guess you're right

WHAT about the Brazilians who did it?

Why don't you back up your claim about how honor killing is a common Jewish Practice ???

Where are the articles to back that up ?

I made no such claim. LEARN TO READ.

The " Christian" posted a article with the subject matter being about those who want " Honor Killings" trying to be subtle about her real agenda but refuses to talk about the MUSLIMS WHO ARE DOING IT! Could you imagine if this were a Jewish practice? Does anyone here think she would ignore it? " Christian Values" lol :cuckoo:

The Kosher laws have their origins in OT material.

Most of the basic laws of kashrut are derived from the Torah's Books of Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Their details and practical application, however, are set down in the oral law (eventually codified in the Mishnah and Talmud) and elaborated on in the later rabbinical literature. While the Torah does not state the rationale for most kashrut laws, many reasons have been suggested, including philosophical, practical and hygienic.​

Wow. Do you even bother to check out links and articles posted or do you just listen to the endless loop in your head?

Here, one more link discussing the problem (you claim isn't) of honor killing in India: Why Honor Killings Happen - India Real Time - WSJ

What laws in what countries? There are many countries that are yet to have laws defining honor killing as the murder it is but you need to be more specific here if you want me to discuss.

Uh, no - there isn't a difference. The only difference is you refuse to call an honor killing an honor killing:cuckoo:

That thread was posted at 3:48am this morning. I haven't even read it yet and have pretty much stuck to THIS thread so far this morning.

Your premature and immature attempt to prove hypocrisy is duly noted.

Maybe you can actually answer a question for once instead of flailing away with claims of hypocrisy. Why is it that honor killings are so rare in Indonesia - the country with the worlds largest Muslim population?

What about the MANY Muslims who have partaken in Honor killings ?????

WHAT about the Brazilians who did it?

Why don't you back up your claim about how honor killing is a common Jewish Practice ???

Actually, if you go back and read her post she never made that claim.

She posted an article and her comment was:

If I thought like other posters, I would read this article and conclude that honor killings were a Jewish practice.

She did not claim it was common Jewish practice!

jewish rally calls for ‘honour killings’

with 5 comments

Bat Yam rally: Death to Jewish women who date Arabs
Yoav Zitun, Ynet, Dec 21 2010

Some 200 people held a demonstration in central Bat Yam Monday evening against relationships between local Jewish women and Arab men. One of the protestors called out:
Israel
The
Any Jewish woman who goes with an Arab should be killed; any Jew who sells his home to an Arab should be killed.

Regarding the above, Have a problem with it?? Under the " Palestinian Code" any Palestinian who sells land to an Israeli will be killed. Do you object to that? Of course not!!!

During the rally, held under the banner, “We Want a Jewish Bat-Yam,” demonstrators also insulted the prophet Muhammad and made racist remarks against Arabs and their saints. Police forces maintained order, but did not act when the demonstrators made racist remarks. One of the speakers said:

We are not racist, we are just Jews. The Arabs are coming and taking our daughters. We will not allow it.

Moshe Ben-Zikri of Eilat said the “struggle” began three years ago in Givat Ze’ev. He said:

There were 330 Arab families there, and the Jewish women would walk around with them freely. We vowed this would not happen again. Just like we triumphed there, we will triumph in Bat Yam as well. We are not afraid of the police, the media or the Arabs. We only fear God

jewish rally calls for ?honour killings? | Niqnaq

YAWN......Nice try but failed miserably. Ever hear " Actions speak louder then Words?" Are " Honor Killings" practiced and encouraged like they are in ISLAM DESPITE YOUR DENIAL? YOUR HATE FOR JEWS IS AN OBSESSION. GET HELP ASAP !

Regarding this poster;

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SherriMunnerlyn has disabled reputation

No remorse, compassion, sorrow for the JEWISH PERSON which is typical of the Pro Palestinian mentality. Bet that Hypocritical Bigoted Coyote has nothing critical to say about that poster :razz:

I AM NOT SEEING YOU EXPRESS COMPASSION FOR THE PALESTINIAN KILLED TODAY BY YOUR KLAN! ARE you going to express compassion for this man killed today? HE had a family too. BY the way, I have already read about half a dozen different stories about who he was, all different. Man killed in Israeli airstrike on Gaza City | Maan News Agency

You missed the point ( as usual). I don't expect You to have compassion for ANY Israeli ! Coyote didn't like when I showed lack of Compassion for that Arab Woman ( I don't give a SHIT) in that " Honor Killing" yet said nothing when you stated Ms. Fogel DESERVED it! In the Fogel case it was NOT just her; it was the entire family including the beheading of an infant.

Just like he hasn't said anything about your lack of remorse about the Israeli who was just killed. That was my point. You two are just alike; You are just a lot more obvious then he is.

I made no such claim. LEARN TO READ.

The " Christian" posted a article with the subject matter being about those who want " Honor Killings" trying to be subtle about her real agenda but refuses to talk about the MUSLIMS WHO ARE DOING IT! Could you imagine if this were a Jewish practice? Does anyone here think she would ignore it? " Christian Values" lol :cuckoo:

I believe there are Bible stories where Jews carried out honor killings. AND I cited four Jewish Scriptures calling for honor killings In certain situations. AND I cited an article where Jews were calling for honor killings. I do not see the Hypocrisy in pointing these things out. AS for the practice, there is a lot of family violence that occurs in all cultures, and much of it could be called honor killings but it is not always labelled as such.

YAWN......Nice try but failed miserably. Ever hear " Actions speak louder then Words?" Are " Honor Killings" practiced and encouraged like they are in ISLAM DESPITE YOUR DENIAL? YOUR HATE FOR JEWS IS AN OBSESSION. GET HELP ASAP !

Regarding this poster;

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SherriMunnerlyn has disabled reputation

No remorse, compassion, sorrow for the JEWISH PERSON which is typical of the Pro Palestinian mentality. Bet that Hypocritical Bigoted Coyote has nothing critical to say about that poster :razz:

I AM NOT SEEING YOU EXPRESS COMPASSION FOR THE PALESTINIAN KILLED TODAY BY YOUR KLAN! ARE you going to express compassion for this man killed today? HE had a family too. BY the way, I have already read about half a dozen different stories about who he was, all different. Man killed in Israeli airstrike on Gaza City | Maan News Agency

You missed the point ( as usual). I don't expect You to have compassion for ANY Israeli ! Coyote didn't like when I showed lack of Compassion for that Arab Woman ( I don't give a SHIT) in that " Honor Killing" yet said nothing when you stated Ms. Fogel DESERVED it! In the Fogel case it was NOT just her; it was the entire family including the beheading of an infant.

Just like he hasn't said anything about your lack of remorse about the Israeli who was just killed. That was my point. You two are just alike; You are just a lot more obvious then he is.

YOU are missing the point that you expect compassion only with respect to Jews who die. AND you use the word remorse as if I am somehow responsible for the mans death and should feel guilt. AND another point, I did not say anyone deserved to die. I am not the One who decides who lives and who dies, God does that.

Last edited:
from whence cometh your FATALISM sherri? That bible you claim you
study emphasizes the concept of man's FREE WILL-----those baby
throat slitters you adore---at least according to the theology presented
in the bible-----were not PRE-DETERMINED to slit a baby throat---it is
THEIR CHOICE ------oh--I forgot----isa told you differently

I don't respond to every post made but I do clearly recall that I did not say "I don't give a shit" in regards to the Fogels murder. Nor have I ever condoned such murders. I have repeatedly and clearly stated I do NOT condone or support attacks on civilians.

Now, here you are trying to justify your "not giving a shit" when it's an Arab woman by flailing away at others and justifying your lack of concern by stating the Fogel murder was more horrendous. As a matter of fact, it was - however that doesn't mean this murder of an Arab woman is any less a murder.

I don't respond to every post made but I do clearly recall that I did not say "I don't give a shit" in regards to the Fogels murder. Nor have I ever condoned such murders. I have repeatedly and clearly stated I do NOT condone or support attacks on civilians.

Now, here you are trying to justify your "not giving a shit" when it's an Arab woman by flailing away at others and justifying your lack of concern by stating the Fogel murder was more horrendous. As a matter of fact, it was - however that doesn't mean this murder of an Arab woman is any less a murder.

I think veteran was responding to callous justifications by isa-respecters on this
board and in the world to the out and out murder of women with babes in
arms. Keep in mind----al azhar university----by its department of koranic
studies and koranic law----has LEGALIZED it -----it is difficult for people
who have been determined to be legal targets of murder to worry about
the SOCIAL issue ----of honor murder among their oppressors. I have
a little glimmer of experience with oppression of women in the isa-respecting
culture------preverse as it may seem----I came out of that experience
with an understanding that IT IS THE WOMEN who perpetuate it. ---
oppressed isa-respecting women cannot expect help even from their OWN
MOTHERS -----remember the adage---...the hand that rocks the cradle....
be not surprised regarding the hand that rocked the cradles of
the "two boys bostoni" such hands rock the cradles of honor
killers, too.

BEST IDIOT POST OF THE MILLENIUM---

" .... one (unidentified) 'jew' called out...."

I don't respond to every post made but I do clearly recall that I did not say "I don't give a shit" in regards to the Fogels murder.

Nor have I ever condoned such murders. I have repeatedly and clearly stated I do NOT condone or support attacks on civilians.

I never stated you said " I don't give a Shit" regarding the Fogel Family. Try to read . A Pro Palestinian says that and there is NO CONDEMNATION. Nor have I ever said you condone killing civilians. I have said that? Post, please

The slaughter of an entire family including the beheading of an infant was more horrendous! I do not care about " Honor Killings" nor do I have to justify those feelings. Saying " I don't give a Shit" is not the same as saying " She deserved it!" Of course I wouldn't expect you to understand it.

Too bad you don't have the same standard for Pro Palestinians when Israelis die. This Pro Palestinian just today shows lack of remorse over an Israeli settler who was killed. No condemnation from you nor would I expect it.

I don't respond to every post made but I do clearly recall that I did not say "I don't give a shit" in regards to the Fogels murder.

Nor have I ever condoned such murders. I have repeatedly and clearly stated I do NOT condone or support attacks on civilians.

I never stated you said " I don't give a Shit" regarding the Fogel Family. Try to read . A Pro Palestinian says that and there is NO CONDEMNATION. Nor have I ever said you condone killing civilians. I have said that? Post, please

No. You need to read. I did not claim you posted that.

I condemn plenty of stupid shit from both sides when it comes to the murder of civilians. What I don't do is go through every post and respond just to make people like you happy.

Do you go and condemn every dumb ass comment? Come to think of it - do you EVER condemn crap from the pro-Israeli side? My guess is no - you don't "give a shit" when it's your side, just like you don't "give a shit" when it's the murder of an arab woman - you are quite clear on that ;)

The slaughter of an entire family including the beheading of an infant was more horrendous! I do not care about " Honor Killings" nor do I have to justify those feelings. Saying " I don't give a Shit" is not the same as saying " She deserved it!" Of course I wouldn't expect you to understand it.

Too bad you don't have the same standard for Pro Palestinians when Israelis die. This Pro Palestinian just today shows lack of remorse over an Israeli settler who was killed. No condemnation from you nor would I expect it.

Here's a hint: better get your own house in order first, before casting about to disparage others :)

No one is asking you to justify those feelings.

However, it makes a joke of your attacks on the so-called "pro-Palestinians" that you don't care if an innocent Arab women or girl is brutally murdered as long as she isn't a Jew.

They are all human being who did nothing to deserve what was done to them.

Priests have been abusing and molesting little boys for years and the Jews are somehow to blame for that also? Are the Jews responsible for the MILLIONS of dollars the Church has had to pay out? Blame the Jew; Your " Church" and Family taught you well. There are also allegations about the present pope. Are the Jews responsible for that also? Clean up your own stench instead of blaming others.

where did i say jews were responsible for any of that. get off your pity pot.

all you really doing is proving my point.

learn how to read. while you are all screaming about the some catholic priest porking some high school kid, your own rabbis right here in the united stated got ree rein on abusing your own kids.

we are cleaning up our stuff, and a lot of people are pissed.

here ya go...you clean up your own friggin' stench. just because jews are small potatoes doesn't mean they can abuse and rape children with impunity.

PressTV - Top Israeli rabbi arrested for raping teenage daughters for over a decade

Jewish child molesters that are never on the NEWS - WHY?

Arizona Rabbi Arrested for Allegedly Raping Child Ten Years Ago | Fox News

and if you need more, there are plenty.

What's your point? Still doesn't take away from the Catholic Church and being the good " Catholic" that you are blaming the Jews for it. You're the one that mentioned the Jews in the first place.

Your " Church" XXXXXXX taught you well. :clap2:

LEARN HOW TO FRIGGIN' READ!!!

where have i blamed jews for anything that the catholic church did.

you just really feel some irrational need to perpetrate some myth about catholics blaming jews for whatever, that is when you aren't engaging yoursel in inventing myths about muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back