Tolerance? Not for Christians...

What training, exactly, did Keeton fail at?

Oh, wait. She didn't. They just assume she will because she's a Christian.

Diversity training. She refused to take it.

If it's not required of ALL the students, why should it be required for her? Again, she's being treated differently because she's a Christian. It's against the law. This is a public school.

Why should it be required of all students? Is remedial math required of all students? Is remedial writing required of all students?

It's an additional requirement when a student shows a deficiency in a particular area necessary for his or her curriculum.

What does being Christian have to do with it? Is she the only Christian in that program?

BTW, one of the things they want to require her to do is attend a gay pride parade. That's already been ruled unethical when a fire department forced their firemen to be in a Gay Pride parade and the firemen claimed they were harassed by the gays.

She is not being required to attend a gay pride parade.

What on earth does that have to do with firemen being required to be in a gay pride parade?

Not only is your info wrong but your comparison makes no sense.

Why should anyone be required to attend a gay pride parade? Heck, the gays I know wouldn't go near one.

Again. She isn't.

Check your facts first.

A self confessed homophobic 'counseling' student files a lawsuit against her college for trying to make her a better counselor and more open minded person!

Last edited:
What the professor reportedly did is tell Keeton that her admitted solution to dealing with a (hypothetical) troubled client expressing homosexual thoughts or behaviors, which was based on the Biblical concept that such actions are a sin and should be rejected, is to withhold her religious opinions in the course of such a case.

Keeton stated she was unwilling to do so.

Lol..yeah, right.

We'll see what comes out in the court case. If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow. If I'm right, you will.

Absolutely!

Though honestly, I don't believe judges are always right. It will depend on the evidence, if there is any.

Diversity training. She refused to take it.

If it's not required of ALL the students, why should it be required for her? Again, she's being treated differently because she's a Christian. It's against the law. This is a public school.

Why should it be required of all students? Is remedial math required of all students? Is remedial writing required of all students?

It's an additional requirement when a student shows a deficiency in a particular area necessary for his or her curriculum.

What does being Christian have to do with it? Is she the only Christian in that program?

BTW, one of the things they want to require her to do is attend a gay pride parade. That's already been ruled unethical when a fire department forced their firemen to be in a Gay Pride parade and the firemen claimed they were harassed by the gays.

What on earth does that have to do with firemen being required to be in a gay pride parade?

Why should anyone be required to attend a gay pride parade? Heck, the gays I know wouldn't go near one.

Again. She isn't.

Check your facts first.

Took me awhile, but I found it:

The Takeaway: School Demands Counseling Student Shift Her 'Biblical Views' on Homosexuality - The Takeaway

At that point, the school demanded that Ms. Keeton participate in diversity sensitivity training, and suggested that she attend a gay pride parade in order to complete her training.

You're right only in that her attending a gay pride parade wasn't demanded, it was only suggested.

Again. She isn't.

Check your facts first.

Took me awhile, but I found it:

The Takeaway: School Demands Counseling Student Shift Her 'Biblical Views' on Homosexuality - The Takeaway

At that point, the school demanded that Ms. Keeton participate in diversity sensitivity training, and suggested that she attend a gay pride parade in order to complete her training.

You're right only in that her attending a gay pride parade wasn't demanded, it was only suggested.

That's what I thought - it was presented as one of a number of ways she could learn more about the gay community.

Maybe they'll settle out of court. That would be like an admission of guilt, I could live with that.

Maybe they'll settle out of court. That would be like an admission of guilt, I could live with that.

Very likely they will. I can't see how the school could win. You can't require someone to take remedial training because they're a Christian. It's against the law. Hello!!! Freedom of religion anyone?

Gay conversion therapy is not only against APA guidelines, it has also been found to be psychologically harmful to patients.

Bull...

Homosexuality and Psychiatry -WARNING! Homosexuality is VERY ABNORMAL BEHAVIOR!

Psychiatrist maintained homosexuality is curable disorder

PEP Web - Is Homosexuality Curable?

Homosexuality is curable | The Negros Chronicle - News around Dumaguete City and Negros Oriental, Philippines

Medicine: Curable Disease? - TIME

Information from Deacon Gene: Is Homosexuality Curable?

Need more? Because there's plenty more proving homosexuality IS, in FACT, CURABLE. Just because you think one opinion from one agency, that is in the pocket and run by homos has one opinion you like, does NOT mean it's true. The APA was beaten down and then infiltrated by militant homos so that they could change their long held positions on homosexuality.

HOMOSEXUALITY AND PSYCHIATRY.

Last edited:
You can find isolated articles on the topic all you want. There is a psychiatric bible known as the DSM-IV which lists all psychiatric disease. Homosexuality is NOT in there.

Good try. You still lose.

Gay conversion therapy is not only against APA guidelines, it has also been found to be psychologically harmful to patients.

Bull...

Homosexuality and Psychiatry -WARNING! Homosexuality is VERY ABNORMAL BEHAVIOR!

Psychiatrist maintained homosexuality is curable disorder

PEP Web - Is Homosexuality Curable?

Homosexuality is curable | The Negros Chronicle - News around Dumaguete City and Negros Oriental, Philippines

Medicine: Curable Disease? - TIME

Information from Deacon Gene: Is Homosexuality Curable?

Need more? Because there's plenty more proving homosexuality IS, in FACT, CURABLE. Just because you think one opinion from one agency, that is in the pocket and run by homos has one opinion you like, does NOT mean it's true. The APA was beaten down and then infiltrated by militant homos so that they could change their long held positions on homosexuality.

HOMOSEXUALITY AND PSYCHIATRY.

What the hell kind of sources are those?

You can find isolated articles on the topic all you want. There is a psychiatric bible known as the DSM-IV which lists all psychiatric disease. Homosexuality is NOT in there.

Good try. You still lose.

It was taken out in the late 60's and early 70's because they wanted to get them out of the institutions. Later, they just took everybody out of the institutions and stuck them all out on the streets. Our government, saving money.....not caring about our people.

And the dsm 4 changes all the time. Asperger's Syndrom no longer exists, now it's considered high function autisim.

As one of the people put in in one of the seminar's I went to...if our brain was so simple we could understand it, we'd be so simple we couldn't.

The truth is, there's a lot they don't know.

Last edited:
Againshelia, there was a movement to close large, public mental hospitals in that era....but it was not related to the change made to remove homosexuality from the DSM. It may have had something to do with public funds, as you suggest....but there was also a rather public outcry against the conditions inside those hospitals, as you might recall. It was thought better to hold people in smaller, community-based facilities, which in large part never materialized.

It just terrifies me that you'd suggest a person with a homosexual orientation should be confined against his or her will in a mental hospital, alongside paranoid schizophrenics, etc.

Forum List

Back