Tolerant liberals want WW1 memorial taken down

what if they replaced the 40' and erected a 4 foot cross would that be ok?

It would never be ok. Atheists are the worse kind of assholes because they won't stop until religion is illegal. First they'll burn bibles and eventually bodies. They can't be rationalized with, they can't be argued with. They're full of hate.

you didn't say if it were ok with you.

Geez...ur loving Christian ant-hatred message to those who believe differently is a bit underwhelming...Why don't u actually READ the Bible u claim to espouse...esp the "love thy neighbor" and "judge ye not least ye be judged" parts...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

what if they replaced the 40' and erected a 4 foot cross would that be ok?

It would never be ok. Atheists are the worse kind of assholes because they won't stop until religion is illegal. First they'll burn bibles and eventually bodies. They can't be rationalized with, they can't be argued with. They're full of hate.

Then you will see Christians looking around to see if someone else would protect their religious rights. There will be no patriotism to atheist values nor loyalty to an atheist government.

And as usual you’ve succeeded in only exhibiting your ignorance of the law and the fact that you’re a tedious partisan hack.

The plaintiffs have a very good case where the cross might indeed violate the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment, as the jurisprudence on the issue is unclear:

Within the past year, the high court refused to review two other cases, letting stand lower-court rulings invalidating crosses anchored on public land in Utah and California. In the California case, involving a San Diego cross in a public park honoring veterans, a judge suggested that while the cross is illegal, there may be ways to modify the setting, similar to the Mojave Desert land swap.

Despite years of legal wrangling, there has been no clear-cut high-court ruling on the issue. The jurisprudence “is a mess,” said Maryland state Sen. Jamie Raskin (D-Montgomery), a constitutional law professor at American University. “Both conservative and liberal justices have said there is no way to know in advance what the rules are.”

And the Supreme Court rulings haven’t done much to refine the boundaries, with the justices preferring to view the issues on a case-by-case basis.

Memorial Peace Cross: Veterans memorial or religious symbol? - The Washington Post
Consequently no one is being ‘intolerant,’ ‘liberals’ in particular.

And as usual you’ve succeeded in only exhibiting your ignorance of the law and the fact that you’re a tedious partisan hack.

The plaintiffs have a very good case where the cross might indeed violate the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment, as the jurisprudence on the issue is unclear:

Within the past year, the high court refused to review two other cases, letting stand lower-court rulings invalidating crosses anchored on public land in Utah and California. In the California case, involving a San Diego cross in a public park honoring veterans, a judge suggested that while the cross is illegal, there may be ways to modify the setting, similar to the Mojave Desert land swap.

Despite years of legal wrangling, there has been no clear-cut high-court ruling on the issue. The jurisprudence “is a mess,” said Maryland state Sen. Jamie Raskin (D-Montgomery), a constitutional law professor at American University. “Both conservative and liberal justices have said there is no way to know in advance what the rules are.”

And the Supreme Court rulings haven’t done much to refine the boundaries, with the justices preferring to view the issues on a case-by-case basis.

Memorial Peace Cross: Veterans memorial or religious symbol? - The Washington Post
Consequently no one is being ‘intolerant,’ ‘liberals’ in particular.

Does it violate the first amendment to have cities named after Christian saints or martyrs like San Francisco?

What about flags with crosses in them?

No...but Apparently ur backbone not only supports ur skull...but fills it up bonehead...asking if all soldiers commemorated were Christian is as valid as asking if they were Muslim, Jewish or any other religion....How would u feel if they were represented by a Star of David...?

Seeing as how NONE of the veterans in question EVER complained about the cross during their lifetime then I would assume they were not offended by it. Only now with gays thinking they can get away with anything is it an issue.

If certain people do not like the way that this country acknowledges its history, they should find somewhere else to reside.

God bless you and our homeland always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Geez...ur loving Christian ant-hatred message to those who believe differently is a bit underwhelming...Why don't u actually READ the Bible u claim to espouse...esp the "love thy neighbor" and "judge ye not least ye be judged" parts...

I'm not a Christian so I can hate your type all I like.

Probably most of them. Im not sure that matters though. Whats your point... that unless ALL of them were Christian, you cant have a cross there? Even as an atheist myself, im going to have to disagree with that. Leave the cross alone.

Let me ask a question...were all veterans of WWI christian?

Who cares you fucking faggot? The monument has been up for nearly 100 years. Grow up you pathetic, simpering liberal faggots. oohhh it offends me! I'm such a fucking spinless sissy.

Grow up you worthless faggots.

so why dont you answer her question?....just askin....

Its not only a valid question, it goes to the heart of what America is.

you didn't say if it were ok with you.

Fine with me.

so lets take down the 40' cross and superglue a 1" cross to each headstone. 40', 4', or 1" what is the difference?

Dear liberal FAGGOTS:

Should cross grave markets be taken down from military cemataries given they are on public land?

Well you you ass pirates?

Grave Markets? Is that where you buy graves?

Okay, always funny how TrannySteve's spelling deteriorates when he gets mad, but the thing is, grave markers at Arlington are not "crosses", they are tombstones which can have the religious symbol of the family's choice put on them.

emblems.jpg

I've been to european battlefield cemetaries that are US land, maintained by the US government and the grave markers are crosses for christians and a thing with a star of david on them for jews. You can see something similar at the beginning of saving private ryan.

Forum List

Back