Tom Delay claims God wrote Constitution

The Constitution was likely divinely inspired and guided. When Bill Wilson wrote the A A book he said it was divinely inspired and guided.

Tom DeLay Claims God 'Wrote The Constitution'

“I think we got off the track when we allowed our government to become a secular government,” DeLay told host Matthew Hagee, the executive pastor of the Texas Cornerstone Church. “[W]e stopped realizing that God created this nation, that he wrote the Constitution, that it’s based on biblical principles.”
James Madison is going to be surprised....
READ the Declaration...and realize it was codified by the adoption of the Constitution over the Articles of Confederation. Go and laugh away but Delay is correct.

No he's not.

And the Declaration has nothing to do with the Constitution.

Could not be. The Bible said that nothing would follow and what ever did would be a lie. The Koran is not the only book purporting to be the Word of God.

Tom DeLay Claims God 'Wrote The Constitution'

“I think we got off the track when we allowed our government to become a secular government,” DeLay told host Matthew Hagee, the executive pastor of the Texas Cornerstone Church. “[W]e stopped realizing that God created this nation, that he wrote the Constitution, that it’s based on biblical principles.”

James Madison is going to be surprised....

So is Tom DeLay, since it's obvious (to normal people) that he didn't mean it literally.

Even as an inane, trite metaphor, it’s nonetheless indicative of the social right’s hostility toward Establishment Clause jurisprudence and its desire to conjoin church and state by seeking to codify religious dogma into secular law.

This was written by the man who forces his girl friend to have an abortion.

His point was that the men who wrote the Constitution were inspired by God and based it in part on the principles of the bible which I suspect most if not all of you got despite pretending otherwise.

Forum List

Back