Tom Delay claims God wrote Constitution

Tom DeLay Claims God 'Wrote The Constitution'

“I think we got off the track when we allowed our government to become a secular government,” DeLay told host Matthew Hagee, the executive pastor of the Texas Cornerstone Church. “[W]e stopped realizing that God created this nation, that he wrote the Constitution, that it’s based on biblical principles.”

James Madison is going to be surprised....

Oy vey gevalt. Just when I start having respect for the Republicans again, one of them talks. :)

everybody knows Karl Marx wrote it

and what does it matter anyway when obama doesnt follow it?

OY VEY; i lost respect for Democrats years ago when they became intolerant hypocrites

I'm telling ya, it's gonna happen again.

The recording devices will be on, they'll say goofy stuff, and the Democrats will be screaming "holy SHIT, look at THAT".

Again.

Political deja vu.

They have to get themselves worked into a frothing frenzy over something... anything to get people to quit looking at the massive trainwrecks ie obamacare, economy, debt, and so on.

Need to stop electing politicians to political positions. They're all really bad at it. Get some professors and theologians in there. People who actually earned a degree in something besides law or political science.

Ted Nuggent, Joe the plumber and now Delay. Manomanomanoman the dems got us good we should just roll over play dead now for sure :lol:

You guys sure know how to pick 'em, you must admit.

:lol: pick them, they're private citizens

Unlike Hank Guam might collapse Johnson, Joe we got a mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy Biden or
Shelia Jackson American flag on Mars Lee

“I think we got off the track when we allowed our government to become a secular government,” DeLay told host Matthew Hagee, the executive pastor of the Texas Cornerstone Church. “[W]e stopped realizing that God created this nation, that he wrote the Constitution, that it’s based on biblical principles.”

So is Tom DeLay, since it's obvious (to normal people) that he didn't mean it literally.

Okay, then explain to us as clearly and concisely as you can what the 'non-literal' meaning of this statement was

"I think we got off the track when we allowed our government to become a secular government"

that Tom Delay 'obviously' meant to convey.

Ted Nuggent, Joe the plumber and now Delay. Manomanomanoman the dems got us good we should just roll over play dead now for sure :lol:

You guys sure know how to pick 'em, you must admit.

:lol: pick them, they're private citizens

Unlike Hank Guam might collapse Johnson, Joe we got a mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy Biden or
Shelia Jackson American flag on Mars Lee

You fluff them up tho.

The recording devices will be on, they'll say goofy stuff, and the Democrats will be screaming "holy SHIT, look at THAT".

Again.

Political deja vu.

They have to get themselves worked into a frothing frenzy over something... anything to get people to quit looking at the massive trainwrecks ie obamacare, economy, debt, and so on.

But that's politics, unfortunately. That's reality. It is what it is. Everyone knows it.

Then why willingly provide such an easy target for your opponents to use against you?

That's what I don't get.

Before any man can be considerd as a member of Civil Society, he must be considered as a subject of the Governour of the Universe: And if a member of Civil Society, do it with a saving of his allegiance to the Universal Sovereign. We maintain therefore that in matters of Religion, no man's right is abridged by the institution of Civil Society and that Religion is wholly exempt from its cognizance. True it is, that no other rule exists, by which any question which may divide a Society, can be ultimately determined, but the will of the majority; but it is also true that the majority may trespass on the rights of the minority. -James Madison. Religious Freedom Page: Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments, James Madison (1785)

Madison believed in God First, through Conscience, not dictate. Separation of Church and State is a Christian concept. Render unto Caesar.... The principles this Nation were founded on are Christian. From Christ, to Locke, to Thoreau, You were whom, we were warned about. ;)

Things must be getting pretty desperate for the political left when they have to go into the 'way back machine' and look for a Congressman who has been out of office for eight years in order to find a boogeyman.

Is Boooosh just not working anymore? LMAO

Last edited:
If God wrote the Constitution, why did it need amendments?

Did God add the amendments? Does God change his mind? Is God's word not infallible?

Or did Men amend the Constitution, against the wishes of God?

If God wrote the Constitution, why did it need amendments?

Did God add the amendments? Does God change his mind? Is God's word not infallible?

Or did Men amend the Constitution, against the wishes of God?

So are you proposing the 'Big Bang' theory of the Constitution? It just showed up one day out of nothing and it expands forever all on its own? Like a living breathing docu-organism?

Before any man can be considerd as a member of Civil Society, he must be considered as a subject of the Governour of the Universe: And if a member of Civil Society, do it with a saving of his allegiance to the Universal Sovereign. We maintain therefore that in matters of Religion, no man's right is abridged by the institution of Civil Society and that Religion is wholly exempt from its cognizance. True it is, that no other rule exists, by which any question which may divide a Society, can be ultimately determined, but the will of the majority; but it is also true that the majority may trespass on the rights of the minority. -James Madison. Religious Freedom Page: Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments, James Madison (1785)

Madison believed in God First, through Conscience, not dictate. Separation of Church and State is a Christian concept. Render unto Caesar.... The principles this Nation were founded on are Christian. From Christ, to Locke, to Thoreau, You were whom, we were warned about. ;)

JM refers to a Supreme Conscience, a Governor of the Universe, not the Christ not God the Father.

Again.

Political deja vu.

But that's politics, unfortunately. That's reality. It is what it is. Everyone knows it.

Then why willingly provide such an easy target for your opponents to use against you?

That's what I don't get.

You got me. I can't figure it out.

But, rw's?

Not so much.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back