Tom Delay claims God wrote Constitution

His point was that the men who wrote the Constitution were inspired by God and based it in part on the principles of the bible which I suspect most if not all of you got despite pretending otherwise.

Not at all.

It’s wrong, but not 'offensive.'

What’s offensive is the right’s disdain for the doctrine of separation of church and state, as originally intended by the Framers:

Neither a state nor the Federal Government can, openly or secretly, participate in the affairs of any religious organizations or groups, and vice versa. In the words of Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect "a wall of separation between church and State." Reynolds v. United States, supra, at 164.

Everson v. Board of Education of the Township of Ewing | LII / Legal Information Institute

His point was that the men who wrote the Constitution were inspired by God and based it in part on the principles of the bible which I suspect most if not all of you got despite pretending otherwise.

That explains the slavery part.

I saw no mention of slavery in the article or video linked by the Op care to clarify?

Slavery is in the Bible. It's not prohibited in the least. Likewise in the US Constitution.

Who needs God when Dems have Obama?

and the right has the dynamic team up of Reagan and god.

Anyways delay said something dumb, but he was with Hagee so its expected.
God didnt write the constitution. Anyone who knows anything that is exactly what they where trying to get away from with England.

READ the Declaration...and realize it was codified by the adoption of the Constitution over the Articles of Confederation. Go and laugh away but Delay is correct.

i dont think so T.....a bunch of MEN wrote it....Inspiration from God is maybe what happened in certain parts.....but MEN wrote it......
And they referenced whom in so many of their writings?

neat! keep drinking moron.

Tom DeLay Claims God 'Wrote The Constitution'

“I think we got off the track when we allowed our government to become a secular government,” DeLay told host Matthew Hagee, the executive pastor of the Texas Cornerstone Church. “[W]e stopped realizing that God created this nation, that he wrote the Constitution, that it’s based on biblical principles.”

James Madison is going to be surprised....

and Tom's LSD dealer won't... :rolleyes:

"LSD was an incredible experience. Not that I’m recommending it for anybody else; but for me it kind of – it hammered home to me that reality was not a fixed thing. That the reality that we saw about us every day was one reality, and a valid one – but that there were others, different perspectives where different things have meaning that were just as valid. That had a profound effect on me." -- Alan Moore

READ the Declaration...and realize it was codified by the adoption of the Constitution over the Articles of Confederation. Go and laugh away but Delay is correct.

i dont think so T.....a bunch of MEN wrote it....Inspiration from God is maybe what happened in certain parts.....but MEN wrote it......
And they referenced whom in so many of their writings?

like i said.....inspiration.....but they wrote it....not God....

Tom DeLay Claims God 'Wrote The Constitution'

“I think we got off the track when we allowed our government to become a secular government,” DeLay told host Matthew Hagee, the executive pastor of the Texas Cornerstone Church. “[W]e stopped realizing that God created this nation, that he wrote the Constitution, that it’s based on biblical principles.”

James Madison is going to be surprised....

So is Tom DeLay, since it's obvious (to normal people) that he didn't mean it literally.

right....but maybe he should have said it differently....like God inspired the Constitution not wrote it...

No, that was not his point at all. This was his point;

Delay stated that in spite of the fact that the men that wrote the Constitution were very specific in stating that it was a secular document.

Ted Nuggent, Joe the plumber and now Delay. Manomanomanoman the dems got us good we should just roll over play dead now for sure :lol:

Forum List

Back