Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No. Anytime after Halloween is fine

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don't care

• Other (there's always other...)

• Total voters
My brother believes in continuing to celebrate Christmas into the New Year, I forget he reason... some kind of season or ritual.... dumb....

As an atheist Christmas means absolutely nothing to me on an emotional level. It is disruptive, expensive, and filled with shitty music and bravado. However, on a positive note it does allow me to take some time off and visit with family. So for that opportunity afforded by the season I accept Christmas.

My brother believes in continuing to celebrate Christmas into the New Year, I forget he reason... some kind of season or ritual.... dumb....

Very simple..... Despite what Americans believe, December 25th is the FIRST say of Christmas, not the 12th. The 12th day is January 5th, which brings us to January 6th, which is Three Kings Day (the celebration of the visit of the Wise Men).

Very simple..... Despite what Americans believe, December 25th is the FIRST say of Christmas, not the 12th. The 12th day is January 5th, which brings us to January 6th, which is Three Kings Day (the celebration of the visit of the Wise Men).
More power to you, dude. People do not appreciate tradition and institution anymore. It is the unraveling of western culture.

oh so you agree with him. Okay well, to each his own. I'm just glad it's over for us on Dec 26th. New Years (since I can drink or drug) is a total waste...

I just forgot (or ignored) what he said.... thanks for the reminder :)

oh so you agree with him. Okay well, to each his own. I'm just glad it's over for us on Dec 26th. New Years (since I can drink or drug) is a total waste...

It's not a matter of agreement or disagreement. I'm just pointing out the theological reasoning for what your brother is doing.

It's not a matter of agreement or disagreement. I'm just pointing out the theological reasoning for what your brother is doing.

I think he just uses it as an excuse to prolong the festivities. He's a happy guy, loves all that stuff.... my total opposite (except we both like tennis) - of course, he's much better than I am...

There is ZERO reason to see ANYTHING Christmas related until Advent Season starts on December 1st.

Eggnog should make its appearance a week after Halloween, and not go away until middle of January. Then it should show up again for a week in July to remind us the first half of the year is over and we are headed to Eggnog season.

.... or is it never too early? (or late?)

Have a favorite Christmas song?

Mine are:

O Holy Night and Sleigh Ride
.... or is it never too early? (or late?)

Have a favorite Christmas song?

Mine are:

O Holy Night and Sleigh Ride

Favorites, yes: the TSO's Sarajevo 12/24 comes to mind.

It is way too early...especially since they seem to play the same eight damn songs on a damned loop.

Forum List

Back