1 Seoul, South Korea
2 Tokyo, Japan
3 Shanghai, China

I would say the top three cities to visit in Asia would be:
1 Seoul, South Korea
2 Tokyo, Japan
3 Shanghai, China

To visit??

I wouldn't say Shanghai to visit, though you wrote "business cities"... so, for business maybe.

Beijing is better to visit. I've not been Tokyo though, Seoul is okay, I liked it because it's very well connected.

To visit??

I wouldn't say Shanghai to visit, though you wrote "business cities"... so, for business maybe.

Beijing is better to visit. I've not been Tokyo though, Seoul is okay, I liked it because it's very well connected.
I agree. I would not visit China because of their government. I would definitely visit South Korea and Japan.

I agree. I would not visit China because of their government. I would definitely visit South Korea and Japan.

The government doesn't really impact you for your visit. For business it's another matter.

China is safe, it's got better transport connections than before, and if you can get off the tourist path then you can find some good stuff. South Korea's problem is it's very modern and doesn't have too much of a soul. Japan is the one with the real soul, it's modern and traditional at the same time, and weird.... in a good way most of the time.

The government doesn't really impact you for your visit. For business it's another matter.

China is safe, it's got better transport connections than before, and if you can get off the tourist path then you can find some good stuff. South Korea's problem is it's very modern and doesn't have too much of a soul. Japan is the one with the real soul, it's modern and traditional at the same time, and weird.... in a good way most of the time.
I'm, of course, biased and prefer Korea as a Korean-American. :)

I'm, of course, biased and prefer Korea as a Korean-American. :)

Yeah. But you can't go to North Korea any more... which I haven't done, it's too expensive. I did know a girl working in China from the UK who had only been to three countries, China, the UK and North Korea, because a dude she'd work with helped set up Young Pioneers and they do tours there, so he convinced her to go

Yeah. But you can't go to North Korea any more... which I haven't done, it's too expensive. I did know a girl working in China from the UK who had only been to three countries, China, the UK and North Korea, because a dude she'd work with helped set up Young Pioneers and they do tours there, so he convinced her to go
I have been to South Korea and Japan. Now, I am happy to stay in the United States. There is alot to see just within the mainland USA.

I have been to South Korea and Japan. Now, I am happy to stay in the United States. There is alot to see just within the mainland USA.

There is. And it's cheaper to travel from the US to another state. China's problem is visas and flights, the others just flights, Japan is a big expensive too.

I traveled a lot when I was younger, then 10 years ago I went on a one year trip (it lasted three months) to southern Africa, and after that I lost the traveling spirit.

The last new country I went to was India, and I spent half the time doing nothing but being ill on the toilet. I've only left the area I live in now once since Covid hit, and that was to go see my parents.

There is. And it's cheaper to travel from the US to another state. China's problem is visas and flights, the others just flights, Japan is a big expensive too.

I traveled a lot when I was younger, then 10 years ago I went on a one year trip (it lasted three months) to southern Africa, and after that I lost the traveling spirit.

The last new country I went to was India, and I spent half the time doing nothing but being ill on the toilet. I've only left the area I live in now once since Covid hit, and that was to go see my parents.
thank you frigidweirdo for sharing that personal story.

Forum List

Back