Top 8% Own 85%

You made a ridiculous claim of why. I'm waiting on any proof of your claim.

Is it a paltry amount for this kind of case? Prove it. It was hundreds of millions of dollars.

Hey did you do any research on this at all?

the pay outs were something like 2 - 6 grand and there were 64000 named plaintiffs so do the math

The plaintiffs' lawyers raked in over 100 million and they got a few grand each

So tell me how hurt were these employees if they were willing to settle for a couple grand each?

And why did they settle instead of forcing a trial?

Now I gave you a reason why the companies being sued settled and it is a very simple reason but you have yet to tell my why the people suing settled for a few grand each instead of going for the big money
You are babbling again. Waiting for anything that resembles proof of any of your claims.

Remind what claim that was and why don't you answer my question

I think all of your claims really. You have proven you are an idiot though. Good job.

So you can't even pick one you're just using that to dodge answering my question

I've directly asked you over and over and you don't answer. What is the point? Your claim is ridiculous.

I told you why the companies being sued settled you have yet to tell me why the people suing settled for such a paltry amount since they didn't have any lawyer fees to pay.

Fuck let me explain it to you.
The attorneys went back to the clients and said; this is it. Best we can get. Settle.

And they settled.

Why in the fuck couldn't you figure that out?

They don't know if it was the best they could get since the case never saw a courtroom
So all these butthurt whiners basically admitted they weren't really financially hurt by the companies they sued

Hundreds of millions of dollars.

Yeah the lawyer got over a hundred million and the people suing got a few grand each

and you can't seem to understand that 300 mill split over 4 companies worth tens of billions is not even a drop of piss in the ocean

And you can't explain how hundreds of millions was cheaper than going to court and avoiding the bad press. I'm waiting.

The press was there already you found it didn't you?

And do you know what a trial that could stretch out for a few years costs? a fuck load more than 300 mill

THese companies are individually worth tens of billions believe me they didn't even feel that pay out AND they get to write it off so yeah they really lost a lot

Hey did you do any research on this at all?

the pay outs were something like 2 - 6 grand and there were 64000 named plaintiffs so do the math

So tell me how hurt were these employees if they were willing to settle for a couple grand each?

And why did they settle instead of forcing a trial?

Now I gave you a reason why the companies being sued settled and it is a very simple reason but you have yet to tell my why the people suing settled for a few grand each instead of going for the big money
You are babbling again. Waiting for anything that resembles proof of any of your claims.

I think all of your claims really. You have proven you are an idiot though. Good job.

So you can't even pick one you're just using that to dodge answering my question

I've directly asked you over and over and you don't answer. What is the point? Your claim is ridiculous.

So tell me what claim exactly you want me to clarify

You feeling a little jealous there? It's none of your business what those attorneys made.

Isn't that your mantra? Sure it is. You be all over this site claiming its no one's business what someone is paid.

But this bothers you eh? You've mentioned it a couple times. What's up? Jealous?

Wow you're a moron

The plaintiffs in this suit got nothing but a couple grand each and you think that's some kind of win?

By accepting such a paltry amount they are saying that all the alleged collusion cost them was a couple grand spread out over several years

yeah they really got hurt

Show it isn't a win for this kind of case. Stop making baseless claims.

Oh here we go again. How was it cheaper to pay out hundreds of millions and get bad press? These big companies already have lawyers on the payroll.

You feeling a little jealous there? It's none of your business what those attorneys made.

Isn't that your mantra? Sure it is. You be all over this site claiming its no one's business what someone is paid.

But this bothers you eh? You've mentioned it a couple times. What's up? Jealous?

Wow you're a moron

The plaintiffs in this suit got nothing but a couple grand each and you think that's some kind of win?

By accepting such a paltry amount they are saying that all the alleged collusion cost them was a couple grand spread out over several years

yeah they really got hurt

Show it isn't a win for this kind of case. Stop making baseless claims.

It's not a win

The plaintiffs got a couple grand each
the companies being sued didn't even blink at the payout
The companies being sued get to write off the 300 mill they paid out in fines as well as the lawyer's retainers and fees

so who won? The people with a measly couple grand in their pockets?

Oh here we go again. How was it cheaper to pay out hundreds of millions and get bad press? These big companies already have lawyers on the payroll.

No they have lawyers on retainer

learn the difference

But I'd rather be jealous of the guy making 100 mil than be like you and be jealous of the idiots who got 2 grand

Progress. You admit you are jealous. You could've been an attorney dude. Nobody holding you back from making hundred million this year........except you. At least that's what you always tell others.

Now get off the Net and get to work. You can't make 100 million arguing with us.

I gotta go to the hardware store. I expect you to have made a million by the time I get back. Times a wasting dude.

But I'd rather be jealous of the guy making 100 mil than be like you and be jealous of the idiots who got 2 grand

Progress. You admit you are jealous. You could've been an attorney dude. Nobody holding you back from making hundred million this year........except you. At least that's what you always tell others.

Now get off the Net and get to work. You can't make 100 million arguing with us.

I gotta go to the hardware store. I expect you to have made a million by the time I get back. Times a wasting dude.

I never said I was jealous maybe you should learn to read

learn the difference
Learn to answer the question. How could it have been cheaper. Prove your ridiculous claim.

learn the difference
Learn to answer the question. How could it have been cheaper. Prove your ridiculous claim.

It was a cheap as it could be that's why Google et al offered a settlement.

I don't really see why you don't understand how a settlement is nothing but a business decision. A settlement is always cheaper for the defendants than a trial that's what the idiots looking for a buck in a class action law suit hope for it has little to do with any actual damages

learn the difference

Now quote the post where I said it could have been cheaper for them?

I said they settled because it was cheaper than going to trial do you disagree?

learn the difference

I don't really see why you don't understand how a settlement is nothing but a business decision. A settlement is always cheaper for the defendants than a trial that's what the idiots looking for a buck in a class action law suit hope for it has little to do with any actual damages

You are babbling again. Show some proof.

learn the difference

Of what?

learn the difference

Now quote the post where I said it could have been cheaper for them?

I said they settled because it was cheaper than going to trial do you disagree?

It would not cost hundreds of millions to go to court. If you think so prove it.

learn the difference

Of what?
That settling was cheaper. Prove it. Moron.

learn the difference

Of what?

Everyone knows this but here you go

https://www.hunton.com/files/News/2...a76a3a8/To_Settle_Or_Not_To_Settle_Law360.pdf

BAsically it makes sense to settle cases

Of what?

https://www.hunton.com/files/News/2...a76a3a8/To_Settle_Or_Not_To_Settle_Law360.pdf

What in the link specifically supports your claim? I don't see it.

Of what?

Doesn't sound like the companies in question:
For some companies, particularly those now struggling with cash flow issues and tight credit markets, the cost of attorneys' fees alone is an important initial criterion.

Of what?

What in the link specifically supports your claim? I don't see it.

So lawyers tell you why it's better to settle and you're too thick to see it

good thing you're not a lawyer

Now you tell me how is a 325 million dollar settlement a significant amount when the 4 companies involved are worth 600 billion, 527 billion. 115 billion and 35 billion each

and why did the plaintiffs start out suing for 3 billion and settle for a measly 325 million?

Forum List

Back