Top dems suggest sacrificing seats to stop nomination

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
On eve of Trump's Supreme Court pick, top Dem suggests sacrificing Senate seats to stop nomination

This has me scratching my head. You CAN'T stop the nomination since GOP has majority even if the 2 cucks Murkowski and Collins vote no we just need VP Pence to vote yes and its done deal....so you are gonna give up seats easier by voting no? Makes no sense but that is the mind of a liberal so.

Agree. Dumb idea, imo. The Democrats sacrifice seats and defeat the nomination? Then the Repubs pick up Senate seats and have an even bigger majority for the next nomination who will likely be even more conservative.

On eve of Trump's Supreme Court pick, top Dem suggests sacrificing Senate seats to stop nomination

This has me scratching my head. You CAN'T stop the nomination since GOP has majority even if the 2 cucks Murkowski and Collins vote no we just need VP Pence to vote yes and its done deal....so you are gonna give up seats easier by voting no? Makes no sense but that is the mind of a liberal so.

Not too good at math are ya, the VP only votes to break ties. That's hard to get with 99 voting.

Last edited:
It's 51 to 49, guys.

McCain won't vote, so it's 50 to 49, and you will need Pence.

If either Murkowski or Collins says "nope", it's over.

Actually, if either of them vote no it will go down. Remember with Alabama the Republicans were already down to 51-49 and McCain is in Arizona dying of brain cancer and not voting

Agree. Dumb idea, imo. The Democrats sacrifice seats and defeat the nomination? Then the Repubs pick up Senate seats and have an even bigger majority for the next nomination who will likely be even more conservative.
Voters don’t care about filling Supreme Court seats

If they did, Republicans would have lost the Senate in 2016

Don't forget there are some Democrats in red states that will have to decide if they want to vote no and risk losing their seat in November or vote yes and increase their odds of keeping it.

It's 51 to 49, guys.

But I think the thread is talking about picking up some Democrats like Manchin. From the OP's link, Sen Durbin is saying no Dems, not even red state Dems, should vote for the nominee.

Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., acknowledged that so-called red-state Democrats may be tempted to vote for Trump's selection out of political necessity, but urged his colleagues Sunday to consider more than their political careers.

It's 51 to 49, guys.

But I think the thread is talking about picking up some Democrats like Manchin. From the OP's link, Sen Durbin is saying no Dems, not even red state Dems, should vote for the nominee.

Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., acknowledged that so-called red-state Democrats may be tempted to vote for Trump's selection out of political necessity, but urged his colleagues Sunday to consider more than their political careers.
That seems to be the idea

Go for it and let the chips fall where they may

It's 51 to 49, guys.

Easy for Durbin to say as he knows he is no danger of losing his seat.

Voters will not care.

If so, they would have defeated Trump.

The dems "no" votes will not be in jeopardy in red states.

It's 51 to 49, guys.

Easy for Durbin to say as he knows he is no danger of losing his seat.

Durbin is stuck with a no win situation. Wants to pick up senates seats and wants to stop a conservative nominee from getting confirmed. But I think the democrats (and I am one) are going to lose both ways, no matter how the vulnerable senators vote.

It's 51 to 49, guys.

Trump will get his nomination, all of his nominees have been vetted

The democrat Party is in a lose lose lose situation. They should oppose her because she a woman and a Christian with 7 kids; shes everything they absolutely loathe

It's 51 to 49, guys.

Trump will get his nomination, all of his nominees have been vetted
Like Mike Flynn?

Not trying to block Trumps nominee will cost Dems votes with their base

Forum List

Back