Top House Republican wants FBI 'assessment' on Trump-related leaks

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I think this is an important step to take. This is a National security threat and it creates a government that might feel it needs to consider leaks when making decisions. That type of situation is a disservice to Americans.

Top House Republican wants FBI 'assessment' on Trump-related leaks

The Republican leadership of the House Intelligence Committee wants the FBI to do an assessment of recent media leaks that have revealed details of sensitive discussions involving key Trump administration officials.

"We are going to be outlining all of our concerns over the last 60 days that appear to all be related, maybe even coordinated in some ways," committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., told Fox News. "I am going to be asking the FBI to do an assessment of this to tell us what's going on here because we cannot continue to have these leaks as a government."

The leaks include reported details from phone calls between President Donald Trump and the leaders of Australia and Mexico; from the intelligence community investigation into Russian interference in the U.S. presidential campaign; and most recently from conversations between National Security Adviser Mike Flynn and the Russian ambassador to the U.S.

The latter leak has created new pressures for the Trump White House, even raising questions about Flynn's future with the administration.

But the release of information from the Flynn phone calls also appears especially problematic, because when the intelligence community captures phone calls of an American inside the U.S., even if the discussion involves a foreign national (in this case an ambassador), steps must be taken to shield the American caller's identity.

Four years after hillary's server were going to clamp down on security. I suppose one benefit of Trump winning is we're going to get back to that. Is that another Trump win?

Forum List

Back