Toronto schools teaching children there are 6 genders

If you don't want public schools teaching your kids about this stuff, don't send them to public schools. Its pretty simple.

Pretty compassionate toward all the poor and downtrodden who have no choice in the matter and with a Department of Education who throws all the resources it can muster at crushing any and all attempts to give them a choice.

If you don't want public schools teaching your kids about this stuff, don't send them to public schools. Its pretty simple.

Pretty compassionate toward all the poor and downtrodden who have no choice in the matter and with a Department of Education who throws all the resources it can muster at crushing any and all attempts to give them a choice.

If you don't want your kids learning about something, send them to school with a note that gets them out of that class.

We do it over here all the time.

If you don't want your kids learning about something, send them to school with a note that gets them out of that class.

That would work for me as I've done the same when I'm made aware of controversial topics being discussed. The problem is controversial curriculum like this has a funny way of being a full on program spanning the course of several days or even an entire semester as opposed to traditional sex ed which back in the day consisted of one assembly on one particular day.
In addition, parents aren't always made aware of controversial issues ahead of time. We see it all the time where the damage is done and parents find out only after their children come home and tell them about it. The schools give a limp dick apology and a half baked excuse but as mentioned, the damage is done.

That would work for me as I've done the same when I'm made aware of controversial topics being discussed. The problem is controversial curriculum like this has a funny way of being a full on program spanning the course of several days or even an entire semester as opposed to traditional sex ed which back in the day consisted of one assembly on one particular day.
In addition, parents aren't always made aware of controversial issues ahead of time. We see it all the time where the damage is done and parents find out only after their children come home and tell them about it. The schools give a limp dick apology and a half baked excuse but as mentioned, the damage is done.

Why would parents complain about having to explain to their kids the facts of life? Gay people exist, do they want their kids to grow up completely ignorant of that?

Why would parents complain about having to explain to their kids the facts of life? Gay people exist, do they want their kids to grow up completely ignorant of that?

6 genders?
Give me a break already.

Confusing Grade Three Children with Six Gender Teaching is Wrong

My god. I am glad I am involved with my kids schooling and know what is going on at all times...this is horrible.Poor children.

How insensitive of them.... they left one classification out! If you are going to mind fuck unsuspecting youngsters.... then why not do it right.

“neuter”. The 48-year-old is now officially recognized as a person of no specific gender.

Briton is recognised as world's first officially genderless person - Telegraph

My god. I am glad I am involved with my kids schooling and know what is going on at all times...this is horrible.Poor children.

How insensitive of them.... they left one classification out! If you are going to mind fuck unsuspecting youngsters.... then why not do it right.

“neuter”. The 48-year-old is now officially recognized as a person of no specific gender.

Right, better rewrite the anatomy books for this...it.

They are idiots for teaching this crap..... There are only 2 genders..... male and female.

The rest is sexual preference and the expression of such.

If this is true, then it is stupid. I don't disagree with schools teaching kids this in health class when kids are in high school, but third grade is too soon. Beyond that, there just isn't really any purpose to talking to kids about this at that age. BTW, I'm one of those liberals you guys like to bash all the time, or so you seem to think I am.

They are idiots for teaching this crap..... There are only 2 genders..... male and female.

Yeah, just think how fucked the human race will be if they're ever successful in making this crap common and acceptable knowledge. A century later and we'll be lopping off sex organs at birth as if they were appendices or tonsils.

Yeah, just think how fucked the human race will be if they're ever successful in making this crap common and acceptable knowledge. A century later and we'll be lopping off sex organs at birth as if they were appendices or tonsils.

There is no getting away from gender.... you can tweek all you want, have as many preferences, operations, hormonal drugs.... but your X and Y chromosomes... male or female.... will ALWAYS be the same.

Gay is not a gender.

Three genders. Intersex is a gender, as you can't teach that one is male or female, because they are either both, or neither.

Humanity is pretty much fucked as it is.:eusa_shhh:

Three genders. Intersex is a gender, as you can't teach that one is male or female, because they are either both, or neither.

True... Hermaphrodites have both parts. Some do have extra chromosomes.... but the condition is rare.

Are you referring to hermaphrodites?

The politically correct term is intersex. :) But yes. Those people who are born with two sets of genitals.

Just saying that your "natural inclinations" hurt other people. It reduces families, and dishonors parents.
OMG...are you for real? How exactly do we "reduce families or dishonor parents"?

I get that you have convinced yourself otherwise, and like others that make sexually perverse behaviors a priority, you are entitled to make that decision. I do not feel that you should be allowed to teach children (who are mostly made the "natural way") that your choices are normal/good. When it comes to your children, I have no say, when it comes to my children, why do you get to "dictate" what they are taught?

They ARE normal. It is best to let the child know that they are valued no matter if they are straight/gay/fat/Muslim/trandsgendered/ etc.

You can't pretend these gay kids don't exist. They go to school. Kids with gay parents go to school. Transgendered kids go to school. You can't wish 'em into the cornfield.

I see, "my" wishes for what my children to be taught will not be honored by you, but you are willing to "force your beliefs" onto my children. Isn't that doing exactly what you have been crying "victim" over for years?

Nobody is forcing anything on you drama queen.

OMG...are you for real? How exactly do we "reduce families or dishonor parents"?

They ARE normal. It is best to let the child know that they are valued no matter if they are straight/gay/fat/Muslim/trandsgendered/ etc.

You can't pretend these gay kids don't exist. They go to school. Kids with gay parents go to school. Transgendered kids go to school. You can't wish 'em into the cornfield.

I see, "my" wishes for what my children to be taught will not be honored by you, but you are willing to "force your beliefs" onto my children. Isn't that doing exactly what you have been crying "victim" over for years?

Exactly why this should not be taught in school and should be left to parents. That way, no one is forced to believe in anything their parents do not approve of.

Sex education curriculum is here to stay. Don't send your kid on those days if you don't like it. It would be irresponsible for schools to abandon sex education classes because it makes you uncomfortable. It would also be irresponsible for a sex education class NOT to address sexual orientation and gender identity since they exist. They aren't like the tooth fairy or god and are something to "believe" in. They exist and you can't pretend they don't.

6 genders?
Give me a break already.

That is the OP spin, not what they are teaching. They aren't teaching that there are six genders.

From their curriculum:

demonstrate an understanding of gender identity (e.g., male, female, two-spirited, transgendered, transsexual, intersex) and sexual orientation (e.g., heterosexual, gay, lesbian, bisexual), and identify factors that can help individuals of all identities and orientations develop a positive selfconcept [PS]

Teacher prompt: “Gender identity refers to a person’s internal sense or feeling of being male or female, which may or may not be the same thing as one’s biological sex. It is different from and does not determine a person’s sexual orientation. Sexual orientation refers to a person’s sense of affection and sexual attraction for people of the same sex, the opposite sex, or both sexes. Gender identity and sexual orientation
are connected to the way we see ourselves and to our interactions with others.
Understanding and accepting our gender identity and our sexual orientation can
have a strong impact – positive or negative – on the development of our self-concept.
A person’s self-concept can develop positively if the person understands and accepts
his or her gender identity and sexual orientation and is accepted by family and community. It is harder to develop a positive self-concept, however, if the way a person feels
or identifies does not meet perceived or real societal norms and expectations or is not
what they want, or if they do not feel supported by their family, friends, school, or
community. A person’s self-concept can be harmed if a person is questioning his or
her gender identity or sexual orientation and does not have support in dealing with
his or her uncertainties. What kind of support do people need to help them understand and accept their gender identity and sexual orientation?”

The Ontario Curriculum
Grades 1-8

Forum List

Back