Torture, or whatever you want to call it, "justified" by majority

Did we cut anyones head off?
If not we have been doing it for 200 plus years

Torture, or whatever you want to call it, "justified" by majority of Americans.

New poll finds majority of Americans believe torture justified after 9 11 attacks - The Washington Post

By an almost 2-1 margin, or 59-to-31 percent, those interviewed support the CIA’s brutal methods, with the vast majority of supporters saying they produced valuable intelligence.

Just goes to show how fragile our rights and liberties are that fear, not rationality, would allow us to justify torture. Saying they "believed" it produced "valuable intelligence" is not the same as actually producing "valuable intelligence".

Never trust your rights to public opinion because some day you might be on the wrong side of it.

Did we cut anyones head off?
If not we have been doing it for 200 plus years

Is that the line that can not be crossed then? I mean, everything else is ok but don't - god forbid - decapitate someone?

Weird.

Interesting in how you link non lethal interrogation with the decline of our civilization. My assumption is that you view the acts of terrorists justified and furthermore that the perpetrators should be treated with respect and dignity? What is your view as to how those involved should be treated?

Navy Seals do water boarding after a few beers
Heck I bet you some college fraternities did worse in hazing

Interesting in how you link non lethal interrogation with the decline of our civilization. My assumption is that you view the acts of terrorists justified and furthermore that the perpetrators should be treated with respect and dignity? What is your view as to how those involved should be treated?

Methinks you assume much.

That's because you're an idiot. The humane treatment of prisoners is about the captors, not the prisoners.

Just goes to show how fragile our rights and liberties are that fear, not rationality, would allow us to justify torture. Saying they "believed" it produced "valuable intelligence" is not the same as actually producing "valuable intelligence".
This post shows me your amazing grasp of platitudes and the obvious.

Navy Seals do water boarding after a few beers
Heck I bet you some college fraternities did worse in hazing

^^This means nothing

Funny now the newest trend is to pretend to not know what on earth torture means? I mean by golly what is torture? And is it torture torture or just yanno...torture?

:boohoo:

This post shows me your amazing grasp of platitudes and the obvious.

Justifying actions based on fear. Thats your platform. Congrats

I am quite sure that rings of righteousness to your ears, but often the most important actions we take are borne of fear. Think about it next time you cross a street or run into a gentile giant like Mike Brown.

What a stupid and meaningless statement.

It means nothing?

Dont play that game with me, dude it is the same thing as the left condoning abortion , drone strikes and out right assassinations
But yet shed tears over Childs play water boarding

You do know when they are dead they are dead right?

I am quite sure that rings of righteousness to your ears, but often the most important actions we take are borne of fear. Think about it next time you cross a street or run into a gentile giant like Mike Brown.

What a stupid and meaningless statement.

Yeah congrats like I said...Let fear be your justification. No need to double down we get it

Justification for torture:

It is not torture when WE do it
They deserve to be tortured
I am only doing it to save lives

Same excuses have been working for centuries

but THIS time its different because Meathead really is scared this time :crybaby:

What are you going to do have them over for tea ?

Interrogations kept 100,000 German soldiers in Norway
It kept a million of them away 100 miles away from normandy

Forum List

Back