Toxic Tesla S Lithium Battery Explodes In Crash

You think? Do you NEVER just look anything up?

Rechargeable lithium ion batteries are made with lithium and potassium or lithium and cobalt. No magnesium.

And if you want to see something burn, put lithium into contact with water.
The reporter says magnesium, I will take the Fireman's word over yours.
Magnesium is the base agent that the other components are placed in.

Only problem is when it degrades it becomes a resistor that lights on fire. once its started it does not stop unless it is smothered with foam or other sand and oxygen killing agents and it burns at about 2500 deg F. there wont be anything left. If you hit it with water it will explode..

Most small fire departments do not have many of the resources necessary and must watch it burn. surround and contain. Remember those hover boards and gallexy phones that just blew up, same problem..

Which small fire departments don't carry foam?
Many first responder departments, in rural areas, do not have foamers.

Why?

Lithium is the ultimate battery. The most electro positive metal. With today's ever expanding apps on every mobile device, soon only lithium will give you any reasonable on time.

You think? Do you NEVER just look anything up?

Rechargeable lithium ion batteries are made with lithium and potassium or lithium and cobalt. No magnesium.

And if you want to see something burn, put lithium into contact with water.
The reporter says magnesium, I will take the Fireman's word over yours.
Magnesium is the base agent that the other components are placed in.

Only problem is when it degrades it becomes a resistor that lights on fire. once its started it does not stop unless it is smothered with foam or other sand and oxygen killing agents and it burns at about 2500 deg F. there wont be anything left. If you hit it with water it will explode..

Most small fire departments do not have many of the resources necessary and must watch it burn. surround and contain. Remember those hover boards and gallexy phones that just blew up, same problem..

Which small fire departments don't carry foam?
Many first responder departments, in rural areas, do not have foamers.

Why?
Because its not a threat they face daily and budgets do not allow for them are just two of the many reasons..

Yes folks, it is true, Renewables, Clean, Green, Energy proves again that it is a lie. A Tesla model S killed its passangers than exploded it's Lithium batteries creating a nice toxic mess.

The damage to the atmosphere and climate will be unreported and unaccounted for.

To be honest, that is no worse than a regular ICE powered car impacting at a high speed.

You never took chemistry, did you. Manganese and magnesium are two different elements. I believe you owe Mr Old Rocks an apology

periodic-table.jpg

See 12 (magnesium) and 25 (manganese)
You are still wrong and have yet to reply to your errors in regards to lithium. Dont worry about old crock, I have not finished with him and lithium magnesium batteries.

You make mistake after mistake after mistake and you think you've earned the right to criticize me here? Magnesium is a candidate for batteries, but it is only just coming on line and will REPLACE the lithium in the cell. There is no lithium/magnesium battery. There will be magnesium ion batteries, but there are none to be found in Teslas. The fire you saw was the result of exposing lithium to air and water. Magnesium burns, but not spontaneously. It is actually rather difficult to ignite, particularly in volume. I have done so.

Forum List

Back