Trader Joe’s Rejects Walmart Strategy

So... what would you want Walmart to do?
Follow the Trader Joe's CostCo model? Where there are less then 30 employees per store.
Walmart has an average of 245 employees per store.
So Walmart changes to match Trader Joe's and Costco letting all but 25 employees go.
As a result Walmart will NOT be paying $6 billion in federal payroll taxes on behalf of the 1.9 million employees they let go.
Who will make up the $6 billion in payroll taxes the government counts on as GENERAL REvenue!
Also 1.9 million unemployed get $58 billion unemployment checks... WHERE will that money come from.. CostCo/Trader Joes???
Finally the 1.9 million laid off employees contributed $45 billion a year to the GDP... think that will be lessened?

You do understand how walmart destroys the local mom and pop bussiness went they enter a small town dont you? they were prolly paying a better wagea and benifits and then when walmart moved in they closed up shop and their employees went and worked for them.I have seen it happen all across the midwest and south.

You are an economic illiterate. Considering how the Fed is destroying the value of the dollar, the only hope most lower and middle class people have to purchase reasonably priced goods is via large scale discounters.

so what your saying is by a bunch of crap made in china by china workers? and who is the fool?

You do understand how walmart destroys the local mom and pop bussiness went they enter a small town dont you? they were prolly paying a better wagea and benifits and then when walmart moved in they closed up shop and their employees went and worked for them.I have seen it happen all across the midwest and south.

You are an economic illiterate. Considering how the Fed is destroying the value of the dollar, the only hope most lower and middle class people have to purchase reasonably priced goods is via large scale discounters.

so what your saying is by a bunch of crap made in china by china workers? and who is the fool?

Oh my. Let me guess.....you're the fool!

Here's a clue bub: if you don't like Walmart, don't shop there.

See how easy that is?

And you guys wonder why you have an image problem :eusa_whistle:
Nooo, we're just not buying into the bullshit Union propoganda that all libprogs buy into....And that is what it all boils down to.

Ya' see, it's not up to you or anybody else to decide what Walmart pays, or what benefits they provide....It's up to Walmart to decide what their employees will be paid, and what benefits they provide.....And the fact of the matter is, Walmart pays their employees a fair wage, for what their jobs are worth.

Trader Joes is unionized? Costco is Unionized? Who knew?
Trader Joes, Costco, and Walmart have completely different business models, and cater to different types of customers....What part of that do you not understand?

And yes, it's the unions who first started the phoney demonization of Walmart, when Walmart pushed back against their bullshit, and it's people like you who bought into the Union bullshit.....hook, line, and sinker.

Image problem.......over telling the turth? I've been working for almost 40 years now. Out of that time, I've had maybe two very short term shitty jobs. Know why I've only had two? Because I found something better as quick as possible and left. Anyone can do it.

Yes...phrasing it as a positive would be a good start. Phrasing it with "nobody is holding a gun to your head" is vintage POS (Party Of Stupid).

For example "If those who are employed by Wal Mart are unhappy, they should strive to get greater training and work their way up within the store or outside of the company. There are plenty of opportunities in the world's largest retailer."

Instead of "Tough shit, loser."

It takes about 30 more calories but conservatives are seldom willing to exert the effort which is why you've lost 5 of the last 6 popular votes nationwide.
Nobody is holding a gun to their head, suddenly translates into "Tough shit , loser."

Get the fuck outta here.....Christ, CC, you're starting to sound like one of those paranoid twoofer morons.....No surprise though, many on this board resort to sounding like those idiots, and start throwing out the paranoid hyperbole, when they begin to realize they've lost the debate.

Too fuckin' funny!

See how easy that is?

and how am I the fool? I dont even shop there? I go to target or k fart and only beause no one is there. Only dumb ass's want higher wages and then turn around and spend their money for cheap crap that breaks with in a month from oversea's workers.

See how easy that is?

and how am I the fool? I dont even shop there? I go to target or k fart and only beause no one is there. Only dumb ass's want higher wages and then turn around and spend their money for cheap crap that breaks with in a month from oversea's workers.

So you are a hypocrite as well as an idiot.

Have you noticed how these smaller companies that treat their employees better are SO MUCH better quality than the shitty mega ones who treat their employees like shit?

Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Costco, QuickTrip, all are far better than the WalMart and Shell/BP stations. Employees are friendlier, nicer, more competent. Their products are better. Same with pizza. Dominoes and Papa Johns are always shitty, sloppy pizzas. Local pizza shops are far better, and they treat their people better. Same with Applebees. Shitty food, shitty service.

Follow the Trader Joe's CostCo model? Where there are less then 30 employees per store.
So Walmart changes to match Trader Joe's and Costco letting all but 25 employees go.
As a result Walmart will NOT be paying $6 billion in federal payroll taxes on behalf of the 1.9 million employees they let go.
Who will make up the $6 billion in payroll taxes the government counts on as GENERAL REvenue!
Also 1.9 million unemployed get $58 billion unemployment checks... WHERE will that money come from.. CostCo/Trader Joes???
Finally the 1.9 million laid off employees contributed $45 billion a year to the GDP... think that will be lessened?

It's called the evolution of business.....And the internet is beginning to take it's toll on most retailers, large and small.....Just look at what Amazon has done to the book store industry.....Online shopping is the new wave, and it's just another example of the evolution of business.

this reminds me of the story I heard when henry ford gave all his employees raises with the thinking they could afford his model "A"s instead some of his employees bought chevys or another make. Or when I use to drive by a dodge plant in Illinois and would see Jap cars in the employee's parking lot. WTF are these people thinking?

this reminds me of the story I heard when henry ford gave all his employees raises with the thinking they could afford his model "A"s instead some of his employees bought chevys or another make. Or when I use to drive by a dodge plant in Illinois and would see Jap cars in the employee's parking lot. WTF are these people thinking?

Oh Noeeessssss!!111!!1!!!!

Some people spent the money they earned on the good they preferred.

Somebody should pass a law!

Oh Noeeessssss!!111!!1!!!!

Some people spent the money they earned on the good they preferred.

Somebody should pass a law!

I should of finished, then the employees wonder why that dodge plant laid off 3/4th of its work force. Oh nooooooo were out of a job becuase we wont even buy our crappy ass product.

how could anyone compare Trader Joe's to Walmart or even a Kroger, etc.? It is like comparing apples to oranges. Most grocery stores carry around 50,000 items and Trader Joe's carries around 4000. Anyone in their right mind with any business sense should know the consequences of those differences.

It's called the evolution of business.....And the internet is beginning to take it's toll on most retailers, large and small.....Just look at what Amazon has done to the book store industry.....Online shopping is the new wave, and it's just another example of the evolution of business.

yea I know, the only way I brought it up was because that post implied tthe with out walmart those towns didnt have no retail jobs.

For you Neo-Cons who think that a company can only get by if it screws its workers....this one's for you!!

Rejecting Walmart Strategy, Trader Joe?s Pays Employees A Living Wage And Wins | Addicting Info

I don't shop at Walmart or buy pizza from Papa Johns. Their merchandise and food sucks and they treat their employees like shit.

sooo..., lets see; if there merchandise and food was better you'd shop there?:eusa_drool:

you're so full of shit.....:lol:

and why is this in politics?:eusa_eh:

just because you've been programed to see this as a political issue, doesn't mean everyone else has...

jump sheep, jump!!!
uploaded_EmoticonJumpSheep.gif

With 60 responses I'm not the only one who sees this as a political issue, moron.

And obiviously you must think so too since you posted 3 times in it, right you hypocritical jumping sheep?

who said the programming was exclusive? :eusa_eh:

only if I agreed with you.....eat that grass dude...;)

Have you noticed how these smaller companies that treat their employees better are SO MUCH better quality than the shitty mega ones who treat their employees like shit?

Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Costco, QuickTrip, all are far better than the WalMart and Shell/BP stations. Employees are friendlier, nicer, more competent. Their products are better. Same with pizza. Dominoes and Papa Johns are always shitty, sloppy pizzas. Local pizza shops are far better, and they treat their people better. Same with Applebees. Shitty food, shitty service.

I just had to visit my local DMV, oh yes they were so friendly helpful and accessible:rolleyes:

I admit it. I hate Wal-Mart because of all the low-born, roly-poly, lumpen here comes honey boos boos that pollute the isles with their down market clothing and forearm fat.

Now I don't care who you that there's funny right there!! If you can't laugh at that you need to get the hell out of here!! LMAO!!

people of walmart - YouTube

wow, I bet if they were shopping for Arugula you'd like them better?

.....stay classy!!!

The wacko progressives think that every job from burger flipping to sweeping floors should pay enough for someone to raise a family and send 4 kids to college.

when Ur a slobbering union hack that hates excellence, initiative and lives on last in first out and federal subsidies, what would you expect? ;)

When I was training for my Ergo. Certification I visited a few assembly lines.....I agree to an extent they deserve some decent pay, its a mind numbing and in imho demeaning work..... but they had guys there that loved it....why? they told me they got 'bank'....as pay, benes etc. and thats why they did it....see where I am coming from;)

I've seen enough posts from you about your job that....

1) You brag about being better than someone who works with their hands, and

2) If you had to do a REAL days work you'd be crying like a little girl.

Not everyone kneels down in front of the boss to get prissy little office jobs like you. And it's easy to see that the only way you could ever know about an assembly line is by "visiting" one. You know nothing about the kind of work they do making the products that pays your pampered ass.

:lol: I don't know what medication you're not taking as instructed, but I bet its psychotropic, you've got it all wrong dummy, I don't know where you got that from...:lol:

Nooo, we're just not buying into the bullshit Union propoganda that all libprogs buy into....And that is what it all boils down to.

Ya' see, it's not up to you or anybody else to decide what Walmart pays, or what benefits they provide....It's up to Walmart to decide what their employees will be paid, and what benefits they provide.....And the fact of the matter is, Walmart pays their employees a fair wage, for what their jobs are worth.

Trader Joes is unionized? Costco is Unionized? Who knew?

Yes, Trader Joe's has unions. so does CostCo.

You do understand that that happens because WalMart offers better selection, quality, and prices, don't you?

See how easy that is?

Do you have any idea how many mom and pop stores Kmart put out of business over the years? Or Sears, since they own the chain now?

That is what makes you a hypocrite, since you asked.

Clearly, the solution is an Anti-Dog-Eat-Dog law so that nobody suffers from competition.

Forum List

Back