Trader Joe’s Rejects Walmart Strategy

this reminds me of the story I heard when henry ford gave all his employees raises with the thinking they could afford his model "A"s instead some of his employees bought chevys or another make. Or when I use to drive by a dodge plant in Illinois and would see Jap cars in the employee's parking lot. WTF are these people thinking?

Oh Noeeessssss!!111!!1!!!!

Some people spent the money they earned on the good they preferred.

Somebody should pass a law!

I should of finished, then the employees wonder why that dodge plant laid off 3/4th of its work force. Oh nooooooo were out of a job becuase we wont even buy our crappy ass product.

What you should be wondering is what all those people who work at Dodge know that you don't.

Oh my. Let me guess.....you're the fool!

Here's a clue bub: if you don't like Walmart, don't shop there.

See how easy that is?

and how am I the fool? I dont even shop there? I go to target or k fart and only beause no one is there. Only dumb ass's want higher wages and then turn around and spend their money for cheap crap that breaks with in a month from oversea's workers.

Do you have any idea how many mom and pop stores Kmart put out of business over the years? Or Sears, since they own the chain now?

That is what makes you a hypocrite, since you asked.

and how do you figure? for one kmart didnt invent the mega store and for two christ sakes AGAIN the only reason I posted it because that post I quoted implied with out walmart their was no other retail jobs in those small towns

So... what would you want Walmart to do?
Follow the Trader Joe's CostCo model? Where there are less then 30 employees per store.
Walmart has an average of 245 employees per store.
So Walmart changes to match Trader Joe's and Costco letting all but 25 employees go.
As a result Walmart will NOT be paying $6 billion in federal payroll taxes on behalf of the 1.9 million employees they let go.
Who will make up the $6 billion in payroll taxes the government counts on as GENERAL REvenue!
Also 1.9 million unemployed get $58 billion unemployment checks... WHERE will that money come from.. CostCo/Trader Joes???
Finally the 1.9 million laid off employees contributed $45 billion a year to the GDP... think that will be lessened?

You do understand how walmart destroys the local mom and pop bussiness went they enter a small town dont you? they were prolly paying a better wagea and benifits and then when walmart moved in they closed up shop and their employees went and worked for them.I have seen it happen all across the midwest and south.

You do understand that that happens because WalMart offers better selection, quality, and prices, don't you?

prices? "prices" you say? Wonder why that is? :eusa_whistle:

The Wal-Mart You Don't Know | Fast Company
The giant retailer's low prices often come with a high cost. Wal-Mart's relentless pressure can crush the companies it does business with and force them to send jobs overseas. Are we shopping our way straight to the unemployment line?

Oh Noeeessssss!!111!!1!!!!

Some people spent the money they earned on the good they preferred.

Somebody should pass a law!

I should of finished, then the employees wonder why that dodge plant laid off 3/4th of its work force. Oh nooooooo were out of a job becuase we wont even buy our crappy ass product.

What you should be wondering is what all those people who work at Dodge know that you don't.

do you see the irony here? they destroyed their owns jobs at the time. guess your type will never figure that out.

and how am I the fool? I dont even shop there? I go to target or k fart and only beause no one is there. Only dumb ass's want higher wages and then turn around and spend their money for cheap crap that breaks with in a month from oversea's workers.

Do you have any idea how many mom and pop stores Kmart put out of business over the years? Or Sears, since they own the chain now?

and how do you figure? for one kmart didnt invent the mega store and for two christ sakes AGAIN the only reason I posted it because that post I quoted implied with out walmart their was no other retail jobs in those small towns

I was around when Kmart first started building stores. They might not meet your definition of mega, but they were the giants of their day. They put lots of stores out of business in lots of neighborhoods, they just did it in cities instead of small towns.

You do understand how walmart destroys the local mom and pop bussiness went they enter a small town dont you? they were prolly paying a better wagea and benifits and then when walmart moved in they closed up shop and their employees went and worked for them.I have seen it happen all across the midwest and south.

You do understand that that happens because WalMart offers better selection, quality, and prices, don't you?

The giant retailer's low prices often come with a high cost. Wal-Mart's relentless pressure can crush the companies it does business with and force them to send jobs overseas. Are we shopping our way straight to the unemployment line?

and that quote is one of the things that makes me howl with laughter...

The unions are the ones forcing the suppliers to move over seas, not walmart.

And? I am not a delusional idiot that think local=better.

Shhhh...you're just going to confuse the poor lil woowoo.

He's just parroting what he learned in school and on HuffPo.

do you see the irony here? they destroyed their owns jobs at the time. guess your type will never figure that out.

Try this one, I do not care.

So... what would you want Walmart to do?
Follow the Trader Joe's CostCo model? Where there are less then 30 employees per store.
Walmart has an average of 245 employees per store.
So Walmart changes to match Trader Joe's and Costco letting all but 25 employees go.
As a result Walmart will NOT be paying $6 billion in federal payroll taxes on behalf of the 1.9 million employees they let go.
Who will make up the $6 billion in payroll taxes the government counts on as GENERAL REvenue!
Also 1.9 million unemployed get $58 billion unemployment checks... WHERE will that money come from.. CostCo/Trader Joes???
Finally the 1.9 million laid off employees contributed $45 billion a year to the GDP... think that will be lessened?

Quality products? you fucking serious? T shrits that if you blow your nose into that will shred apart, tools that are one time only use. furntiure made out of basa wood. socks that wear out in two weeks, underwear if you fart in, you blow a hole out. Shoes, your lucky if they last 3 months... Quality my ass.

How would you know? You said you don't shop there.

I was around when Kmart first started building stores. They might not meet your definition of mega, but they were the giants of their day. They put lots of stores out of business in lots of neighborhoods, they just did it in cities instead of small towns.

no shit sherlock, I was around too. cites could absorb it, green acres the place you wanted to be....couldnt.

no shit sherlock, I was around too. cites could absorb it, green acres the place you wanted to be....couldnt.

Yet they are still there. In fact, most of them are more economically viable.

Image problem.......over telling the turth? I've been working for almost 40 years now. Out of that time, I've had maybe two very short term shitty jobs. Know why I've only had two? Because I found something better as quick as possible and left. Anyone can do it.

Yes...phrasing it as a positive would be a good start. Phrasing it with "nobody is holding a gun to your head" is vintage POS (Party Of Stupid).

For example "If those who are employed by Wal Mart are unhappy, they should strive to get greater training and work their way up within the store or outside of the company. There are plenty of opportunities in the world's largest retailer."

Instead of "Tough shit, loser."

It takes about 30 more calories but conservatives are seldom willing to exert the effort which is why you've lost 5 of the last 6 popular votes nationwide.

But the truth is that nobody is "holding a gun to your head". That liberals need that explained out in detail explains why they prefer a nanny state. Don't like your job or the type of jobs you chose to be qualified for? Do something about it.

And run the risk of being called a snob by people like you? Bah!

The truth is that you have 2 problems, your message and the messaging. Beyone that the GOP is in fine shape. Especially considering that more people than ever before are calling themselves either independents or conservatives; and you're still getting your ass handed to you in General Elections.

Nooo, we're just not buying into the bullshit Union propoganda that all libprogs buy into....And that is what it all boils down to.

Ya' see, it's not up to you or anybody else to decide what Walmart pays, or what benefits they provide....It's up to Walmart to decide what their employees will be paid, and what benefits they provide.....And the fact of the matter is, Walmart pays their employees a fair wage, for what their jobs are worth.

Trader Joes is unionized? Costco is Unionized? Who knew?
Trader Joes, Costco, and Walmart have completely different business models, and cater to different types of customers....What part of that do you not understand?

And yes, it's the unions who first started the phoney demonization of Walmart, when Walmart pushed back against their bullshit, and it's people like you who bought into the Union bullshit.....hook, line, and sinker.

Well, I've been to all three and many people I know have both a Costco and Sam's membership card so you're not using real world examples.

I have no problem with Wal*Mart---had you read a word I wrote on this thread, you'd know that. Again, it takes about 30 calories to inform yourself...

Image problem.......over telling the turth? I've been working for almost 40 years now. Out of that time, I've had maybe two very short term shitty jobs. Know why I've only had two? Because I found something better as quick as possible and left. Anyone can do it.

Yes...phrasing it as a positive would be a good start. Phrasing it with "nobody is holding a gun to your head" is vintage POS (Party Of Stupid).

For example "If those who are employed by Wal Mart are unhappy, they should strive to get greater training and work their way up within the store or outside of the company. There are plenty of opportunities in the world's largest retailer."

Instead of "Tough shit, loser."

It takes about 30 more calories but conservatives are seldom willing to exert the effort which is why you've lost 5 of the last 6 popular votes nationwide.
Nobody is holding a gun to their head, suddenly translates into "Tough shit , loser."

Get the fuck outta here.....Christ, CC, you're starting to sound like one of those paranoid twoofer morons.....No surprise though, many on this board resort to sounding like those idiots, and start throwing out the paranoid hyperbole, when they begin to realize they've lost the debate.

Too fuckin' funny!

Well, you've lost 5 of the last 6 popular votes when gerrymandering wasn't involved; you had a presidential candidate that basically said 47% was unreachable by his campaign. Another GOP candidate unloaded this:

Don't blame Wall Street, don't blame the big banks. If you don't have a job and you are not rich, blame yourself!
Read more at Herman Cain Quotes - BrainyQuote

You're the one saying there is nothing wrong with your messaging....the facts whisper louder than your lies.

Yet they are still there. In fact, most of them are more economically viable.

ok tinkerbell, anymore crap you would like to pull out of your ass?

Forum List

Back