Trailer's for sale or rent, rooms to let 50 cents

Man, I only played guitar by ear though I was able to hear a/note for tuning (lovednopen tunings, I didnt really follow many guides) Wrote a few of my own songs truth be told. Reading and writing music is a lost skill and I wish I could do it as it would allow me to at least write down what I could play so others could replicate it.
Since I was 5 years old, I've been able to hear a song, then sit down and play it. As a pre-teen my organ teacher quit teaching me because I wasn't learning what he taught me. I just watched him play then sat down and played it. I am the youngest ever employee of Wurlitzer, who hired me at 12 years old to demonstrate organs and pianos around the Tri-State area, mostly New Jersey. I started working for them the day after I turned 13 (New Jersey labor laws). They started me at $1.65 an hour. I've been making a living as a professional musician since 1980 with zero unemployment days, other than being shut down for Covid.

Look at the price of new cars. The average price is over $40,000. That's ridiculous.
Obama can be thanked for that with his "Cash4Clunkers" program. :itsok:

It took most post-WW2 affordable cars off the road and killed thousands of jobs. Tens if not hundreds of thousands.

AND used taxpayer money to do so.

Last edited:
Blame it on Capitalism. The government - neither Democrat or Republican - had anything to do with hotels charging an average of $100 per night.

Hotels/motels were almost exclusively privately owned, mom & pop affairs. Then corporations got into the act and prices skyrocketed.

Which party has historically been on the side of corporations?
The Andy Griffith Show is actually a great snapshot of the King of the Road time period. Cheap, family-owned hotel that the Darling Family could afford, even if they cheated by having the whole family in one room. Andy and Barney frequently talk about the prices at the diner. Barney bought a used car for the prices of the day. Andy was enticed to take a job in Raleigh for better pay. Barney looked at a better paying job. Aunt Bea talked about meat prices when their chest freezer broke. There were prices on the grocer's storefront window.

Obama can be thanked for that with his "Cash4Clunkers" program. :itsok:

It took most post-WW2 affordable cars off the road and killed thousands of jobs.

AND used taxpayer money to do so.
You're pathetic in your desperation. Sad!

To me, the best ever copy of the song begins at the 1:57 mark of this clip.

God bless you and the singer always!!!

Holly (a girl who will forever love him)

P.S. To me, the little shrimp sitting next to him should've been placed in the cargo area where the other animals were kept.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back